Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It would be rather amusing in a dark sense if the lesson Sylvanas took away from Anduin was to make a choice - said choice being a surprise attack and successful coup on the Jailer, supplanting him the role of "Big Bad" at the height of the expansion, with the rationale that that was the choice Anduin pushed her to make and requiring her final and lasting defeat by the Maw Walker and their retinue. A nice subversion of the worries about a Kerrigan story redux, and cementing the notion that Sylvanas will have no redemption arc to speak of. Would require Sylvanas being another expansion's main villain, but if it includes her final defeat in a dramatic turn of events that might be acceptable to many.
    Honestly it may be a viable path they can take. Also would be interesting if that actually happens I know quite a bit of people would be super happy with the final outcome of a final defeat for her without a redemption path. However, i still think it's possible for them to use the "betrayal" to gain some sort of sympathy if it backfires on her and then Anduin or even our own characters have to save her from oblivion in lue of her helping us taking down the Jailer. Where not necessarily redeeming her but providing closure while ending her reign of terror. I still think if there's any sense in having Tyrande wielding her Night Warrior Powers, that she would have so sort of hand in felling Slyvannas or at least reconciling the rage within her and letting go of her grudge and go back into the light. Probably killing her too in the process, sort of a two birds and one stone deal.

Sylvanas is so fucking dumb. She wants to convince Anduin to join her cause, I get that. But all she does is whine at him like a child about how life isn't fair and she wants to tear down the whole system.

If she wants him on board she needs to explain what about the system is broken and how she plans on fixing that. So far she's given him literally nothing to go on and then gets mad at him for him not agreeing with her.

Sylvanas is like an angry 4 year old. Top tier writing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Sylvanas is so fucking dumb. She wants to convince Anduin to join her cause, I get that. But all she does is whine at him like a child about how life isn't fair and she wants to tear down the whole system.

If she wants him on board she needs to explain what about the system is broken and how she plans on fixing that. So far she's given him literally nothing to go on and then gets mad at him for him not agreeing with her.

This. If you want someone to join you voluntarily, you have to cater to him/her to a large extent. But throwing one tantrum after another, as if she was some teenager girl whom her crush won't pay her any attention is just... sad. But certainly not in the way intended by the writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post

She is a generic villain straight out of a C-tier JRPG. It's appaulingly uninteresting.

I completed this myself on tuesday night by doing twisting corridors. But i didn't record it. So i found someone else that did. I also liked how he stiched the other clip (post Nathria quest) into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So Dredgers are suppose to be creatures of the Shadowlands right? Well I found Stonehuck the Sinstone Hurler and this is his description:

Was he once a mortal?
    He also somehow manages to throw and break that sinstone every other round. I wouldn't look to deep into it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Some sort of crystalised soul power i'd say. Possibly crystalised stygia, like we're collecting for Ve'nari.

If you look at the soulforges in Zovaal's Cauldron, you'll notice they also have the fiery blue runes on them that Frostmourne and Shalamourne feature.
    I'm no expert on lore, but apparently Shalla'tor, which was part of Shalamayne, according to the wiki, had a blue gem. Also according to wiki, Shalla'tor seems to mean Shadow Render (whatever it means...).

So in the end, maybe the gem used by the Jailer contains a part of Varian's soul, which would definitely help in turning Anduin - I don't see anyone else capable of bending Anduin to either side. We don't really know what happened to Varian's soul, it may have been destroyed by fel, but it could have very well "fused" with Shalamayne when he died as his connection with his blade has always been very specific.

That would also be a way to have the story not only revolving around Arthas. Even though I'm not sure I'd like Varian to be ruined by whatever happens during Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. If you want someone to join you voluntarily, you have to cater to him/her to a large extent. But throwing one tantrum after another, as if she was some teenager girl whom her crush won't pay her any attention is just... sad. But certainly not in the way intended by the writers.
    It is fascinating though how Sylvanas has grown more and more evil while becoming less and less threatening as she goes.

Personality-wise she seemed to be the most evil in Cata, whereas now that we know for a fact she has allied with a ancient eldritch being who subjugates innocent souls forever to eventually commit omnicide she suddenly acts like she has a conscience.

Makes me wonder whether it is intentional or not, or whether the writers are just weirdly trying to balance her evil acts by making her personality seem less evil.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    That and we know that Kel'Thuzad is an ally of the Jailer, it's now a story of Sylvanas is nothing more than a pawn and she doesn't know yet.

We know also that during Maldraxxus Campain Kel'Thuzad is looking for books that lead to idea he is working to a pathway connecting Realms of Death and a manner to by pass a barrier... along with a Rune of Domination to breach the Maw.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

3+ Year Old Account
    Was the Maw originally called Obleron? Because I see that word a lot when in Torghast
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Was the Maw originally called Obleron? Because I see that word a lot when in Torghast
    It's possible. During the Shadowlands Beta, the flavor text of the Worn Obleron Etching was "A crumbling manuscript, written in a time before the Maw was called the Maw. Ve'nari will be interested in this." It has been changed in Live to: "A crumbling manuscript hinting at the origins of the Maw. Ve'nari would be fascinated by this." Whether this also walks back the speculation that the Maw was once known as Obleron is unknown.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Just found this interesting line from brokers in Oribos:

Opulence Ba'hare says: This is an interesting time, Ba'solo. We should strive to find the cause of this chaos. Such knowledge may prove useful.
    Emissary Ba'solo says: Opulence, do you mean the location of the sepul--
    Opulence Ba'hare says: Silence! Do not speak of the grand design!
    Whos sepulcher they are talking about? Can it be one of the first ones?

I honestly start believing brokers will have some more screentime as they are very shady.

Probably the same Sepulcher the Jailer isn't supposed to reach. I wonder how they relate to each other.

It's possible. During the Shadowlands Beta, the flavor text of the Worn Obleron Etching was "A crumbling manuscript, written in a time before the Maw was called the Maw. Ve'nari will be interested in this." It has been changed in Live to: "A crumbling manuscript hinting at the origins of the Maw. Ve'nari would be fascinated by this." Whether this also walks back the speculation that the Maw was once known as Obleron is unknown.
    Curiously, the name is occassionally mentioned in the theatre in Ardenweald, specificially that there was a play about some fae king Obleron despite there never having been any such person.

Probably the same Sepulcher the Jailer isn't supposed to reach. I wonder how they relate to each other.
    Was it mentioned somewhere?

3+ Year Old Account
    Curiously, the name is occassionally mentioned in the theatre in Ardenweald, specificially that there was a play about some fae king Obleron despite there never having been any such person.
    Maybe they just... 'borrowed;' the name to make a character?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    Was it mentioned somewhere?
    IIRC, it was mentioned in the Primus' warning message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe they just... 'borrowed;' the name to make a character?
    Given that it doesn't show up anywhere else outside of the Maw, i don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Interesting. That's probably a reference to Oberon, the king of the faeries in A Midsummer Night's Dream, but the fact the name is shared may well have some kind of connection.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Interesting. That's probably a reference to Oberon, the king of the faeries in A Midsummer Night's Dream, but the fact the name is shared may well have some kind of connection.
    I'd be more surprised if it wasn't. This is about as much misdirection as the "heavily disguised" Norse god Titan Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I definitely miss simpler times when there was a threat, we defeated it, then something else happened. I feel like we're in the current situation since forever, as the current events are coming from something that happened in ... MoP ? Garrosh who went crazy, then back in time, freed Gul'dan, made the Legion come to Azeroth, leading the Sarg' stabbing the planet, bla, bla, bla and now the Jailer is behind most of this shit since the beginning, even further (with LK) ?

It seems Blizzard writers have written themselves in a corner a long time ago, by trying to write a way-too-convoluted story they can't conclude at all without retconning half of the existing lore.... And that's a pity. I definitely miss the times when there was a big baddie built for the expac, baddie who we defeated at the end, and the end of the expac could be considered as a "now everything's fine". Until something else happened, of course, but not necessarily linked to the previous. Like Cataclysm-MoP transition. Deathwing defeated, planet can start healing, but then something else, unrelated, happens. I'm fed up of this pile of "We succeeded... But wait ! It was part of X plan all along". Makes all endings feel unsatisfying, like Legion's or BfA (wait, wasn't there a blade somewhere ?).

I could not agree more! Feel the exact same way, its tiring and unsatisfying, side quests seem more enjoyable now haha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did thrall used his shaman powers when he save him? does it means he can still use shaman powers while the elements abandoning him, or he finally get over his crippling depression?

Also, elements in the maw? how that work? i saw some fire elementals things but those are elementals or just "hellfire" shenanignas like the felfire things?