10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Did thrall used his shaman powers when he save him? does it means he can still use shaman powers while the elements abandoning him, or he finally get over his crippling depression?

Also, elements in the maw? how that work? i saw some fire elementals things but those are elementals or just "hellfire" shenanignas like the felfire things?
    He appeared to be electrocuting a few Mawsworn jailers through the chains they were holding him with, which definitely seemed like a use of his Shamanic powers. It appears the Elements and Shamanism in general are still functional in the Maw given that Maw Walker Shamans can still use their own powers, and Maw Walker Warlocks can still summon demons and the like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He appeared to be electrocuting a few Mawsworn jailers through the chains they were holding him with, which definitely seemed like a use of his Shamanic powers. It appears the Elements and Shamanism in general are still functional in the Maw given that Maw Walker Shamans can still use their own powers, and Maw Walker Warlocks can still summon demons and the like.
    Shamans using their own powers i can understand, but the elements itself presenting there? Warlocks could summon/tear a portal for the demons, not the same as shamans but sure, the ide abehind summoning must be the same

If the shaman can evoke the elements to the maw, then thrall for doing so, must be back with is full power, cause that would be damn hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Shamans using their own powers i can understand, but the elements itself presenting there? Warlocks could summon/tear a portal for the demons, not the same as shamans but sure, the ide abehind summoning must be the same

If the shaman can evoke the elements to the maw, then thrall for doing so, must be back with is full power, cause that would be damn hard.
    Thrall doesn't summon Elemental beings if that's what you're referring, he just appears to channel electricity through the chains binding him - whether or not this is tantamount to a Shamanic Call is unknown, but it does seem to show that at least some of his Shamanic powers are still available to him (and potent enough to stun 4 Mawsworn at once). The fact that a charred totem connected to Thrall was also found does appear to point to a return of Thrall's powers within Torghast.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I saw an interesting theory that those we rescued may in fact be agents of the Jailer. Jaina doesn't have her necklace, Thrall using shaman powers seemingly out of nowhere. I'd like to believe the theory but I doubt it's anything more than Blizzard handwaving.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320501/...ound-in-oribos

Philia seems to have journeyed to the Shadowlands with Ol' Emma, who appears to be intent on finding her three sons who also died during the Gathering. Philia comforted Emma after that tragic event, promising that they would always look after each other, and it's clear she's kept to that promise. Ol' Emma does not seem to be aware that all souls have been going to The Maw for a while, and this would include the souls of the Forsaken who died that day. If you speak to Philia, she will say,
    Anyone else find this utterly fucking ridiculous? Everyone and their mother are going in and out of Shadowlands as they please, people are going sightseeing in the afterlife. Some literally whos from that abomination of a book, no less. (Can Blizz please stop trying to make them relevant btw?) The gravity of the situation has been annihilated, it's all a giant joke now lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320501/...ound-in-oribos

Anyone else find this utterly fucking ridiculous? Everyone and their mother are going in and out of Shadowlands as they please, people are going sightseeing in the afterlife. Some literally whos from that abomination of a book, no less. (Can Blizz please stop trying to make them relevant btw?) The gravity of the situation has been annihilated, it's all a giant joke now lmao.
    They've been doing this for a while now. Remember this:

"Oh no. We're stuck on a hostile planet in a different timeline and we had to destroy the portal that got us here. Anyways, let's open up a portal and bring in some peasants to build our Garrison."

But yeah, this is even more ridiculous.

3+ Year Old Account
    There's Portals to Oribos in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, someone's bound to be curious enough to step through them, right?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    There's Portals to Oribos in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, someone's bound to be curious enough to step through them, right?
    It used to be that portals were very rare, unsafe (to the point of being almost banned) and pretty much existed mostly for gameplay reasons (in the case of permanent city portals). They apparently forgot about that at some point.

Also portals generally use ley lines which shouldn't exist in the Shadowlands.

Also you'd think that portals to literal fucking hell wouldn't be open to the general public (but maybe that's just me).
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-01-16 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It used to be that portals were very rare, unsafe (to the point of being almost banned) and pretty much existed mostly for gameplay reasons (in the case of permanent city portals). They apparently forgot about that at some point.

Also you'd think that portals to literal fucking hell wouldn't be open to the general public (but maybe that's just me).
    Exactly. Any random peasant can just waltz in. Doesn't matter that the realm is pretty much a warzone right now. Those people are detriment to themselves and the military personnel in SL. That's an equivalent of letting some old lady walk around a battlefield, ridiculous. Oribos citizens apparently don't care either and let anyone in indiscriminately. All in the name of forcing some shitty OCs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Thrall doesn't summon Elemental beings if that's what you're referring, he just appears to channel electricity through the chains binding him - whether or not this is tantamount to a Shamanic Call is unknown, but it does seem to show that at least some of his Shamanic powers are still available to him (and potent enough to stun 4 Mawsworn at once). The fact that a charred totem connected to Thrall was also found does appear to point to a return of Thrall's powers within Torghast.
    i understand that there is 2 different things, the shaman power, inherent, and the power he get by invoking the elementals to ain/empower him, if he can do both, or the first one is the thing.

which lead tot he question why he didn't eletrocute the ones who got him, or why he didn't use his powers all the questline of the maw.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that a no name old lady can travel to the Shadowlands like it's nothing sounds so stupid
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is fascinating though how Sylvanas has grown more and more evil while becoming less and less threatening as she goes.

Personality-wise she seemed to be the most evil in Cata, whereas now that we know for a fact she has allied with a ancient eldritch being who subjugates innocent souls forever to eventually commit omnicide she suddenly acts like she has a conscience.

Makes me wonder whether it is intentional or not, or whether the writers are just weirdly trying to balance her evil acts by making her personality seem less evil.
    The eldritch type horrors in WoW are the Old Gods and are pretty much enemies of the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Exactly. Any random peasant can just waltz in. Doesn't matter that the realm is pretty much a warzone right now. Those people are detriment to themselves and the military personnel in SL. That's an equivalent of letting some old lady walk around a battlefield, ridiculous. Oribos citizens apparently don't care either and let anyone in indiscriminately. All in the name of forcing some shitty OCs.
    Gotta have your shitty fanfiction promoted somehow even if it's in an expansion set in the afterlife. /shrug

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerblock View Post
    I saw an interesting theory that those we rescued may in fact be agents of the Jailer. Jaina doesn't have her necklace, Thrall using shaman powers seemingly out of nowhere. I'd like to believe the theory but I doubt it's anything more than Blizzard handwaving.
    Now that would be an interesting plot twist, but it's beyond Danuser & co.'s writing skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    i understand that there is 2 different things, the shaman power, inherent, and the power he get by invoking the elementals to ain/empower him, if he can do both, or the first one is the thing.

which lead tot he question why he didn't eletrocute the ones who got him, or why he didn't use his powers all the questline of the maw.
    Given the narrative of his plight, I would imagine that at that time he couldn't will himself out of his funk to wield his powers - but after some serious physical and psychological torture in Toghast he may well have moved past that prior stumbling block. The twin terrors of desperation and righteous anger have a way of producing epiphanies of all kinds. Guess we'll see if this was a one-off thing or a sign that Thrall is slowly coming back into his own after a long bout of depression.

The whole building shouldn't be open to the general public in-lore. And anyone allowed in should be screened. It's the single largest security of Orgrimmar/Stormwind right now and it makes no sense there are no countermeasures in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The whole building shouldn't be open to the general public in-lore. And anyone allowed in should be screened. It's the single largest security of Orgrimmar/Stormwind right now and it makes no sense there are no countermeasures in place.
    well there is guards there, i imagine they will block any civilian who try to pass, only adventures seem to enter it anyway, but indeed it should not be so accessible

The orgrimmar is on a terrible location, is right in the front gates

I imagine the reason the old lady is there is because she came along with the younger one who is indeed a mage

Getting into Oribos doesn't seem to be too difficult, and likely just requires talking to an Ebon Blade emissary to attune your portals, explaining why "anyone" can enter.

As for the portal room I imagine the portals are only active constantly as a player convenience. The short story Elegy gave a pretty good indication of how casual portals worked. You just have a specialized portal mage on standby to briefly open a portal to wherever, meaning that having all the portal mages in one place is not really a massive problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine the reason the old lady is there is because she came along with the younger one who is indeed a mage

Getting into Oribos doesn't seem to be too difficult, and likely just requires talking to an Ebon Blade emissary to attune your portals, explaining why "anyone" can enter.

As for the portal room I imagine the portals are only active constantly as a player convenience. The short story Elegy gave a pretty good indication of how casual portals worked. You just have a specialized portal mage on standby to briefly open a portal to wherever, meaning that having all the portal mages in one place is not really a massive problem.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

"Oh no. We're stuck on a hostile planet in a different timeline and we had to destroy the portal that got us here. Anyways, let's open up a portal and bring in some peasants to build our Garrison."
    Definitely the best part of WoD. Was really worth spending that much time explaining us it was impossible to go back to our homeplanet and how even reaching this point required a shitload of magic when Khadgar the dude can open a time-space-reality portal with a 2-seconds cast. I facepalm'd hard at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Definitely the best part of WoD. Was really worth spending that much time explaining us it was impossible to go back to our homeplanet and how even reaching this point required a shitload of magic when Khadgar the dude can open a time-space-reality portal with a 2-seconds cast. I facepalm'd hard at the time.
    Seems to be the new standard now. Not that anyone cares.