Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Seems to be the new standard now. Not that anyone cares.
    Not really. It was never stated that we can't return from the Shadowlands. What Bolvar did warn us about was that we're going into unknown territory and our options for retreat were unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. It was never stated that we can't return from the Shadowlands. What Bolvar did warn us about was that we're going into unknown territory and our options for retreat were unknown.
    It's literally the same retarded reasoning. Oh no, we could only enter realm X through object Y but now that we're here we can just plant our flag on the ground and open up portals back to Azeroth in case anyone needs to take a shit. Give me a break. How can anyone take this seriously? It's so obviously self-defeating.

"Perhaps your efforts would benefit from creating a tether to the mortal plane. The map table in this chamber was put in place long ago by the First Ones, the wise architects of all you see. If you have a memento from your homeworld, place it there. The table's magic can establish a connection."

"By affixing the Helm here, you gave us a tether to Azeroth that served to bring a few of us across the veil. But you, and other heroes who join us, require a stronger connection. Our acolytes can open portals back."

Funnily enough, due to their incessant retconning the Helm of Domination isn't even from Azeroth so not even the internal logic makes any sense. It truly is a comedy.

Funnily enough, due to their incessant retconning the Helm of Domination isn't even from Azeroth so not even the internal logic makes any sense. It truly is a comedy.
    Was the Helm ever said to be from Azeroth? I thought the retconning went from Kil'jaeden created it, then the Dreadlords made it, and then finally the Runecarver? And I wouldn't even call it a retcon given their connection to the Shadowlands and how much they lie.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The dreadlords proposed the idea to kil jaeden. Of course, they were playing him. He did try to fix the problem in TFT after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Was the Helm ever said to be from Azeroth? I thought the retconning went from Kil'jaeden created it, then the Dreadlords made it, and then finally the Runecarver?
    It wasn't said. But in the past we didn't strictly know where it was created so there was some plausible deniability. Now that we know that the Helm was made in the Shadowlands, it doesn't really make any sense to claim that it has any big connection to Azeroth. It was just there for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And I wouldn't even call it a retcon given their connection to the Shadowlands and how much they lie.
    Well, their connection to the Shadowlands is also a retcon so I don't really know what you're getting at. They used to be "just" a demonic race that is very gifted when it comes to deception and using shadow magic (and shadow magic isn't even remotely tied to the Shadowlands anymore).

As a Horde Druid who joined Night Fae, I just don't understand what the Heart of the Forest is anymore. At this point half of my covenant's base is Night Elves.

Part of the covenant campaign was working with a night elf who hates me, to find a night elf who hates me even more, which ends up with saving night elf souls (other souls don't deserve to be saved i guess?). These souls are taken to Ardenweald, without facing judgement (I'm aware the Arbiter is... not working at the moment. Shouldn't then these souls be placed in Oribos to await their judgement?).

Then you receive quests from Ysera to go to the Maw and save more Night Elf souls. So at this point there are more Night Elves in the Heart than actual Night Fae. All of these elves tell me that, even though I saved them, they still hate me and can't forgive.

Winter Queen doesn't even care about this it seems. Ysera seems to be deciding who deserves to be saved and is acting as the Arbiter too. So in short, I'm being told to go save these particular souls, don't care about other souls, witness Night Fae covenant becoming Night Elf covenant, all while continiously being told how terrible I am.

5+ Year Old Account
    It would certainly have been more interesting if the customary portals to Org/SW weren't canon. It's already the third time they pull this "hey folks, you are trapped in this strange land for who knows how long" !@#$ - only to open a stable portal 5 minutes later. Having portals make their way into canon is just stupid at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    As a Horde Druid who joined Night Fae, I just don't understand what the Heart of the Forest is anymore. At this point half of my covenant's base is Night Elves.
    Holy shit. I got it. Heart of the forest. HEART. Jailer is missing a heart. It's his heart! It's his fucking heart! It's been right under our noses this entire time. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Maybe they hate you cause you are the reason that they were in Maw? Someone burned whole tree with a lot of NE...don't you remember it?
    Why make me save them, then? Why can't I save some Tauren who are also trapped within the Maw are were close with nature? Why specifically save only those who died during that one particular event?

It wasn't said. But in the past we didn't strictly know where it was created so there was some plausible deniability. Now that we know that the Helm was made in the Shadowlands, it doesn't really make any sense to claim that it has any big connection to Azeroth. It was just there for a time.

Well, their connection to the Shadowlands is also a retcon so I don't really know what you're getting at. They used to be "just" a demonic race that is very gifted when it comes to deception and using shadow magic (and shadow magic isn't even remotely tied to the Shadowlands anymore).
    But the rest of the fragments of the helm are still in Azeroth, so i reckon those serve as the connection.

We always knew it wasn't from Azeroth. It still has a connection to it, though, since it spent nearly all of its existence there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Holy shit. I got it. Heart of the forest. HEART. Jailer is missing a heart. It's his heart! It's his fucking heart! It's been right under our noses this entire time. Wow.
    Unlikely. It's probably just a larger, more powerful version of the hearts of the groves that happens to power the Maw seal.

- - - Updated - - -

Why make me save them, then? Why can't I save some Tauren who are also trapped within the Maw are were close with nature? Why specifically save only those who died during that one particular event?
    Did you set Thunderbluff on fire recently?

3+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd rather saved the trolls who slipped through Bwonsamdi's (?) fingers and went through to the Maw. I know he can't save ALL of them, so why not ask for some help?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think I'd rather saved the trolls who slipped through Bwonsamdi's (?) fingers and went through to the Maw. I know he can't save ALL of them, so why not ask for some help?
    Because the only dead that matter are those from Teldrassil, who cares about e.g. those who died during the siege of Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Because the only dead that matter are those from Teldrassil, who cares about e.g. those who died during the siege of Lordaeron.
    Or, you know, because the quest is being given by Ysera, who's a friend of the Night Elves not the Trolls.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Part of the covenant campaign was working with a night elf who hates me, to find a night elf who hates me even more, which ends up with saving night elf souls (other souls don't deserve to be saved i guess?). These souls are taken to Ardenweald, without facing judgement (I'm aware the Arbiter is... not working at the moment. Shouldn't then these souls be placed in Oribos to await their judgement?).

Then you receive quests from Ysera to go to the Maw and save more Night Elf souls. So at this point there are more Night Elves in the Heart than actual Night Fae. All of these elves tell me that, even though I saved them, they still hate me and can't forgive.

Winter Queen doesn't even care about this it seems. Ysera seems to be deciding who deserves to be saved and is acting as the Arbiter too. So in short, I'm being told to go save these particular souls, don't care about other souls, witness Night Fae covenant becoming Night Elf covenant, all while continiously being told how terrible I am.
    This is actually hilarious. Plus there is alot of lbgtq+×12 in there to top it off, maybe Ysera is now a man with a female voice. If you are quiet.. you can hear Malfurion voice echoing there. TYRANDE...my love help.

Thanks for the headups to avoid that place^^

Jokes aside, this is actually quite sad if you are playing as horde there then.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-18 at 11:57 AM.

Maybe they hate you cause you are the reason that they were in Maw? Someone burned whole tree with a lot of NE...don't you remember it?
    How is any of that the player character's fault? It was Sylvanas who did that, not the player.

And what if you skipped that storyline entirely? Weird to blame someone for something that didn't do. But that's Blizzard's writing, constantly blaming the Horde for everything and glorifying the Alliance. No wonder lots of Horde players quit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or, you know, because the quest is being given by Ysera, who's a friend of the Night Elves not the Trolls.
    Of course they have Ysera as a questgiver, they couldn't come with a more neutral character. NF is pretty much the Nelf & friends covenant, silly me to think it could be any different.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Blizzard about it As for me you should have quests with taurens and others, I should save only NE and others alliance races. Lore in this game is poor. Sylvannas, Anduin are talking about choice, meanwhile we players has 0 choice.
    She is working on it for us as well. Maybe it will be better if she fixed the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Of course they have Ysera as a questgiver, they couldn't come with a more neutral character. NF is pretty much the Nelf & friends covenant, silly me to think it could be any different.
    It's also an optional bonus quest that doesn't really tie into anything, so without Ysera, even having it wouldn't have made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Shamans using their own powers i can understand, but the elements itself presenting there?
    Shaman's own powers constitute of bonking stuff to head with a stick. Rest is from the elements.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe don't do a genocide next time?

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvannas, Anduin are talking about choice, meanwhile we players has 0 choice.
    Well that makes Sylvanas right then.

There never was any free will.