Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Corruption - The worst system ever added to the game?

I don't think I remember many other things that were as bad as corruption. The funny thing is the closest in 2nd place was added in BFA as well... Azerite armor.

Maybe some close competitors...

Garrison? Hard to say that was bad, it was just that there was no other content to do in the game, as we saw in Legion when it was a supplement to the main content it was fine.

Um... flying? I think its fine now but an argument could be made it shrunk the world.

Phasing/CRZ might be a contender. Practically speaking, some servers were dead, but it also made the world feel less authentic.

Someone help me here.

how can it be the worst when all of it's issues were fixed after a few months by adding a single vendor and it is only a one patch system?

there are dozens of systems over the years that take over a year to fix and don't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    how can it be the worst when all of it's issues were fixed after a few months by adding a single vendor and it is only a one patch system?

there are dozens of systems over the years that take over a year to fix and don't go away.
    That didnt really fix the issue, in many ways it made things worse since people can more easily stack the OP bullshit and it added yet another layer of bullshittery too with it being a rotation.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That didnt really fix the issue, in many ways it made things worse since people can more easily stack the OP bullshit and it added yet another layer of bullshittery too with it being a rotation.
    It's the end of the last patch. They always allow crazy OP tomfoolery.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Never to this extreme of an extent no. Point my towards past last patches having people soloing current content bosses or one shotting entire arena teams. Nor is this even "Always". Legion was the last time we got to OP levels and that was because it had the legendary systems stacked on top of a infinitly scaling stat button. Prior to Legion WoW didn't have this sort of stuff. What did WoD have? A ring. That could go up ilvls. Just one single piece of gear. What did MoP have? A cloak. That didnt keep upgrading. Cata, Wotlk, tbc, didnt have stuff like that.

One expansion ago is not always. One expansion ago is not a trend.

EDIT: I should say that for Legion they actually considered removing the legendary item cap for the last patch but decided it would be to crazy.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Examples?

Name some, I'm open to suggestions. Also I don't think it's fixed at all, it's still wildly broken.

I love corruptions and i know many people do. There are some issues, especially no vendor and rng at the beginning, but the effects are fun and unique. Sue me

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    I love corruptions and i know many people do. There are some issues, especially no vendor and rng at the beginning, but the effects are fun and unique. Sue me
    Nothing wrong with liking the system. It's subjective. I just think most people would agree it's pretty bad overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Never to this extreme of an extent no. Point my towards past last patches having people soloing current content bosses or one shotting entire arena teams. Nor is this even "Always". Legion was the last time we got to OP levels and that was because it had the legendary systems stacked on top of a infinitly scaling stat button. Prior to Legion WoW didn't have this sort of stuff. What did WoD have? A ring. That could go up ilvls. Just one single piece of gear. What did MoP have? A cloak. That didnt keep upgrading. Cata, Wotlk, tbc, didnt have stuff like that.

One expansion ago is not always. One expansion ago is not a trend.

EDIT: I should say that for Legion they actually considered removing the legendary item cap for the last patch but decided it would be to crazy.
    WoD had a cloak which allowed absurd cheese strategies combined with trinkets. MoP had another 16 ilvls to add to all your gear once it was maxed, and again some really powerful trinkets. Trinkets that, to make sure they'd be replaced, they had break when you levelled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Examples?

Name some, I'm open to suggestions. Also I don't think it's fixed at all, it's still wildly broken.
    Leggo ring and OP trinkets in WoD; +16 ilvl to all slots and OP trinkets in MoP. And by OP trinkets I mean ones they had to break when they levelled up.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the system, i just wish it wasnt all just random procs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The only good thing about corruption is its removal with the pre-patch for SL.

In before people go apeshit about this, here's some facts;

- Logs are busted due to it.

- PvP ( please note I already dislike pvp ) is bloated as fuck
    - Despite a vendor, its still RNG ( YES IT IS ) as their is a cycle

- Its heavily overpriced ( 2k echoes for cores as catchup ( CATCH-UP ) system is NOT a catch up system but just a hypocricy). Even the better ones are too expensive in comparison of echoes/week.
    Last edited by Boiled-Lobster; 2020-07-23 at 05:00 AM.

Guild Leveling and "Cash Flow" probably did more damage to the game that corruption ever wished it could do

Which issue was fixed?
    On one hand they made the RNG aspect more bearable; now you either get lucky or grind and wait for weeks till your desired contaminants come around again.
    On the other hand the system was always a complete mess when it came to balance... and all the stacking we can do nowadays made matters just so much worse.

Please tell me how it is fixed when it shouldn't have been there in the first place, its a garbage design where most classes need corruption X to do Y otherwise you do Z that gets you benched.

Sorry but not sorry, its not fixed. Its still broken, rextroy perfectly demonstrated it by stacking R27 IS

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    - Despite a vendor, its still RNG ( YES IT IS ) as their is a cycle
    Isn't the cycle predefined?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    I would hardly call passive procs doing majority of your dmg a fun. I understand that you might like being super powerful with super low effort, but it must get boring after a while even for you.

Vanilla PvP ranking was / is worse.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    I would hardly call passive procs doing majority of your dmg a fun. I understand that you might like being super powerful with super low effort, but it must get boring after a while even for you.
    Yep, it's not even consistent procs. I once did 40% extra dps one pull vs another on the same boss progression just based upon lucky procs and was like, that's just so dumb, truly skill counts for nothing.

Yeah, I hate corruption. Mainly due to the variance is output with some corruptions and the stupid levels of power creep

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxy View Post
    Yep, it's not even consistent procs. I once did 40% extra dps one pull vs another on the same boss progression just based upon lucky procs and was like, that's just so dumb, truly skill counts for nothing.
    The true skill lies with understanding that stat procs are better than infinite stars.