Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    The only good thing about corruption is its removal with the pre-patch for SL.

In before people go apeshit about this, here's some facts;

- Logs are busted due to it.

- PvP ( please note I already dislike pvp ) is bloated as fuck
    - Despite a vendor, its still RNG ( YES IT IS ) as their is a cycle

- Its heavily overpriced ( 2k echoes for cores as catchup ( CATCH-UP ) system is NOT a catch up system but just a hypocricy). Even the better ones are too expensive in comparison of echoes/week.
    Just from your second reason everything else means your opinion is nothing

It's a vendor on a cycle, but it is rng? That entire part is so stupid you lost all cred. It is NOT rng. Litetally every single corruption is on a set schedule that you know the very moment it will be up months in advanced. To claim it rng just makes you a fool.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2020-07-28 at 08:46 PM.

Azerite armor has been the worst, the entire expansion. Titanforging close 2nd, and Corruption is a meme, but atleast it's fun once in a while when your crazy stuff procs. Titanforging and Azerite armor feels dissappointing, even when you get the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Just from your second reason everything else means your opinion is nothing

It's a vendor on a cycle, but it is rng? That entire part is so stupid you lost all cred. It is NOT rng. Litetally every single corruption is on a set schedule that you know the very moment it will be up months in advanced. To claim it rng just makes you a fool.
    Thanks bud! always known I am the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Whats your Obsession with Infinte Stars? Afaik Next to no one uses that. ^^
    Just an example And it was something players got and used since stacking stat ones were not exactly easy to do before the vendor. If you see logs for lets say Havoc DH IS is incredibly strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    BM Hunter was the absolute worst as far as legendaries were concerned, the shoulders that added an extra charge on Dire Frenzy were so ridiculously good that they were a 30% dps increase alone, not to mention the QoL benefit, and eventually they just made the effect baseline after the unlucky ones of us spent 4 months being gimped because we didn't have them drop.

Legendaries were a good system but they should never have been RNG drops, they should have been choosable from the start and then it would have been a great system.
    Yeah, those shoulders were good. We had two Bm hunters then, one got 3 bis within 4 first, other got healing pants and prydaz

But yeah, I deffo agree, it shouldn't have been that much RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    One character, 57 legos 09.03.2018 on just one character with linear drops and no ALT garanteed drops cheesing, just linear progression in farming.

Players who did the AP grind, legendary grind and just continued because it was fun, are just like my armory link prooves it into the 60-70 weeks of all raid clears (LFR/N/HC/M everywhere) and into solid 2000-7000 mythic dungeon runs over the whole expansion.

That got you maybe to server top 20 in AP grind /legendary drops when you did AP with mostly legendary drop content, so its not even that crazy much.

I think the expansion was fun, it was more similar to WoW in the past but it burned out kinda the same amount of players too, so its allways pro/cons involved in rating any expansions.
    Yeah, I had around the same amount myself, though I did change main 2 times, one for fun, one for necessity. So I got all leggos on 4 or 5 characters before the vendor came I think, and around 10-15 legendaries on 5-6 alts perhaps, then some characters were made or leveled up in 7.3.5 which I got leggos waiting for. My Shaman and Warlock for example had several legendaries waiting which I had gotten after they changed so you could get leggos for other classes that you got on characters that had them all.

I see a good 200+ legendaries which I got during Legion. I however, again agree with the rng and I could see people be burned out during ToV, or even EN, though in EN you didn't need bis one since it was so under tuned. But one good point from another poster is that want is not the same as need. Of course, we all focus on want so it's understandable players put some extra effort on themselves, I do too.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    These examples are just a few overtuned items and typical ilevel bloat power. There was nothing to the extent of corruption. 50%+ of your damage, one shotting people of EQUAL ilevel in PvP. I'd have to go all the way back to vanilla or BC to see something that bad.
    Sigil of the vengeful heart frost DK in ulduar
    Dragonsoul agility trinkets
    Gurthalak wasn't a oneshot cus it was a dot effect but it was pretty much a oneshot
    Strike of the Windlord in the first patch of legion could oneshot people
    Full proc crucible effects could global people
    HFC hunters with insta aimed shot could kill people before they could react, especially in wpvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Which is why any thing before the last tier is pretty dull and boring.

OT: Legion legendaries were far worse than corruptions.
    100% worse.
    But because people only subbed in legion in the last content patch they act like legendaries were good at any point of the system. Granted, they were "fine" i.e, shut up and play the game, but balanced? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No you didn't. None of this was necessary at all, because there was never any requirement to have the absolute best possible corruptions. The only real problem that was plainly evident was the inability of some players to cope with seeing someone else having a slight advantage over them due to luck - something which has always been a factor in WoW.

The simple truth of the matter is that if you put in the amount of effort that was commensurate with the level of content you were doing, you were going to have sufficiently decent corruptions to do the content. In the final analysis, probably only around 5% of total output ever came down to how lucky you were with corruptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a "wishlist" of best corruptions for your characters is perfectly fine - it's what we strive for as a final goal. But it's not having those corruptions that makes the game interesting, it's how you play the hand you're dealt while on the path towards getting there.

A lot of people like to echo the popular, but useless, idea that if you didn't get the perfect set of corrupted items you were screwed. But that's just BS. How well any player did was far more about how they adapted to having non-ideal corruptions than about which corruptions they got - because this was the boat that the vast majority of players was in.

And this is why I quite like the corruption system - because it really was about the choices we made given the unique toolset each of us was given, instead of simply going with a cookie cutter list.
    Correct.
    The game is playable without full IS/stat%/whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    if you wanna be specific sure, he didnt get glad, but he got the rating equal to whats needed to get glad. doesnt change the fact that it was a reliable strat before the fix.
    its fixed because its no longer possible to have as much corruption overflow as this paladin had, since blizz implemented a new side effect that just kills you and theres nothing you can do about it.
    theres no whine threads about it, because it was not very widespread, but it wouldve been if it had not been fixed.
    and yes this was one of the reason why corruption is bad. yes there a other reasons...
    the effect hits at 200+
    he was at 175 in the videos iirc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What's bullshit? That there are 54 corruptions you have to get your best from? Might have been 58, sorry about that. If you get a corruption and it's a dps-loss, is that better than getting healing pants on Hunter(legendary) which is a dps upgrade because of the amount of stats compared to non-legendary? Is that bullshit? Or that you didn't play Legion so you dont know getting a leggo every 2 weeks was very common if you played the game? Or that corruption is so powerful that legendaries were never even close to the difference between bad and good? Or that you could do thousands of dungeons and raid bosses and still not get your bis corruption? You mind tell me how that's any different than getting legendaries which actually had bad luck protection? You can apply the same thing to corruptions as legendaries.

Or did you just say bullshit because reasons? I know what I am putting my money on here.
    no corruption is a net dps loss
    its a net dps loss compared to your current corruptions, maybe, but there's no single corruption that makes you do less damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    no corruption is a net dps loss
    its a net dps loss compared to your current corruptions, maybe, but there's no single corruption that makes you do less damage
    Yeah it is, if you got 475 pants with no corruption and you get 475 pants with avoidance rank 3 with worse stats, or even better, what do you do in those situation? You don't use it, or purify it if it got better stats on current.

100% worse.
    But because people only subbed in legion in the last content patch they act like legendaries were good at any point of the system. Granted, they were "fine" i.e, shut up and play the game, but balanced? Lol.
    Some people you mean, most people played the first 9 months, according to blizzards own earning calls. And I love that as an excuse to prove a point. Not many say that the legendary acquisition was good. But what they did was indeed good, and even Ion said that rng sucked, but the legendaries themselves were good. Thats why we see them in Shadowlands again, with next to no rng.

And you saying Corruptions are balanced when it's differs more than Legendaries ever did? Lol.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is actually totally opposite of what feels bad.

What feels bad is to have amazing class-compatible power taken away - because like every gear-related power is going to be away.

I will not miss corruption in the slightest because it's generic.

And damn I have missed so much HFC hunter set that made aimed shot instant cast. I missed all the shit from artifact weapon.
    So I am damn glad corruptions are generic. Percisely because you find it extremely boring and doesn't appeal to you, makes it way better system because that was the aim.

Remember how much people cried when they lost legiondaries? Because I do.

By the way, arms warriors go with haste corruptions now.
    generic things make it an option for more people. Generic things are prob the way to go moving forward, tbh.
    why? it fosters experimentation more than anything else.

% amp corruptions are bonkers though

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it is, if you got 475 pants with no corruption and you get 475 pants with avoidance rank 3 with worse stats, or even better, what do you do in those situation? You don't use it, or purify it if it got better stats on current.
    If identical pieces dropped and one had avoidant and the other did not, I'd 100% use the one with avoidant.

Avoidant is a defensive trait, and the people that don't see the value in defensive/pseudo defensive traits will never see the value in defensive traits.

Do you also think gemhide and resounding protection are bad traits?

If identical pieces dropped and one had avoidant and the other did not, I'd 100% use the one with avoidant. Avoidant is a defensive trait, and the people that don't see the value in defensive/pseudo defensive traits will never see the value in defensive traits.
    You act like there isn't something called Corruption. Whats the point with having next to no Avoidance(they are really horrible) if you go over the treshold to 80 Corruption? 60 corruption? Or 40? Or even 20? Even at rank 3 avoidance gives you 16% of your haste as avoidance, if you got 20% haste, how much avoidance would that give you? Next to nothing, and it adds corruption, even if little. I have not seen anyone with that corruption still, because it's completely useless and you would use any other corruption over it. Only time I would use it if I still got 0 corruption after equipping it. So I'll give you that. But only if it was better stat wise. Which is the point, defensive corruption are worse than legendary ones because even the utility leggos gave you more stats, some with sockets that was an upgrade compared to no leggos.

Do you also think gemhide and resounding protection are bad traits?
    They do not compete with damaging traits that are several 1000% dps increase over gemhide or resounding protection. No one would ever gimp themselves like that. They are good traits for where they are, but they only compete with other defensive traits/very little throughput gains, if any.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 11:14 PM.

You act like there isn't something called Corruption. Whats the point with having next to no Avoidance(they are really horrible) if you go over the treshold to 80 Corruption? 60 corruption? Or 40? Or even 20? Even at rank 3 avoidance gives you 16% of your haste as avoidance, if you got 20% haste, how much avoidance would that give you? Next to nothing, and it adds corruption, even if little. I have not seen anyone with that corruption still, because it's completely useless and you would use any other corruption over it. Only time I would use it if I still got 0 corruption after equipping it. So I'll give you that. But only if it was better stat wise. Which is the point, defensive corruption are worse than legendary ones because even the utility leggos gave you more stats, some with sockets that was an upgrade compared to no leggos.

They do not compete with damaging traits that are several 1000% dps increase over gemhide or resounding protection. No one would ever gimp themselves like that. They are good traits for where they are, but they only compete with other defensive traits/very little throughput gains, if any.
    so my statement that corruption> no corruption holds true. cool.

so 6 out of almost 60 possible corruptions add no damage (but increase survivability)
    sounds p good actually

so 6 out of almost 60 possible corruptions add no damage (but increase survivability)
    sounds p good actually
    Not really, you need to take the fact that the non corrupted 475 pants you have vs avoidance rank 3 475 pants you then get with worse stat is not a dps-upgrade, its a dps downgrade, undeniable fact. That's the discussion. You are taking this pedantic example just to score a point, obviously from your first sentence here lol. Since we are talking about corruption vs leggos, leggos always(well except the first few weeks) came with more stats and even sockets in some examples. Corruption have some effects, like avoidance that do nothing for your dps and is a dps loss because even a rank 1 mastery for a Havoc DH for instance, where mastery is crap, you get throughput with it, compared to avoidance that does nothing. The fact that there are a good chance those avoidance pants are worse than your non-corrupted pants makes this true.

No one in their right mind would use an avoidance corrupted piece anyway. Because like you say, almost 60 different corruptions. You said no corruption is a dps-loss initially, which is untrue by the examples I just gave. Legendaries didn't have that issue vs non-legendaries. Though in start of Legion before they buffed the ilvl on it, we had the same issue with prydaz for instance. But according to you, that would be an upgrade since it was utility. So then we get back to the main point, what was worse with leggos in that regard? And that's without taking the buff to them that came few weeks in.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 01:03 AM.

sounds p good actually
    People don't understand that surviving a fight is more important than raw dps. They don't understand their top 500-2000 guilds are not in same position as top world guilds trying to down bosses first week where DPS is actually a problem.

People don't understand that surviving a fight is more important than raw dps. They don't understand their top 500-2000 guilds are not in same position as top world guilds trying to down bosses first week where DPS is actually a problem.
    So you are using or used avoidance over other corruptions? And of course, getting prydaz, healing pants or FD helm in Legion wasn't an issue either then seeing you got more utilty than avoidance and less dps loss than you do with using avoidance instead of bis corruption?

In other words, dodge this one with some good answer. You need some rank 10 Avoidance here.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 03:49 AM.

So you are using or used avoidance over other corruptions? And of course, getting prydaz, healing pants or FD helm in Legion wasn't an issue either then seeing you got more utilty than avoidance and less dps loss than you do with using avoidance instead of bis corruption?

In other words, dodge this one with some good answer. You need some rank 10 Avoidance here.
    For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.
    Because you know, I had a choice unlike legendaries where i could only suck-it.
    No issues with healing? corruption over 40. Issues with healing, under 40.

Fortunately never had issues with survivability this raid.
    Again with your delusions, if you would play you would know this.

For people below 90% survi defensive corruptions are BiS. For intensive fights or anything that would drop me below that threshold I would use them.

So you used avoidance and leech in Ny'alotha? Can you confirm this for me? For people below 90% survivability defensive corruption are bis? You had a choice with leggos too. But of course, you had to play legion to know. Last raid in Legion everyone that played Legion had many legendaries to choose from. Start of Ny'alotha? New thing to farm. Got avoidance? BiS for people below 90% surv! You can't make this shit up.

The illusion of choice with corruption is the same as it was for legendaries. You would never ever use avoidance in Ny'alotha as dps. That you imply that you would use them just shows how disingenounos you are.

The point I was making is that since survivability is so important that getting avoidance instead of BiS is cool and even the right thing according to you, then you can't say that getting prydaz, some throughput ones, maybe 1 bis etc is worse. If surviving the fight is more important than raw dps, you must have shouted YES when Prydaz or healing pants dropped. Or this just matters when talking about corruption? There is no chance for you to argue out of it, even if you tried just now.

Using avoidance as BM Hunter or Demo lock was it? LOL! Top 2000 guild raiders appearently is not what they used to be.

Defensive corruptions as BM...
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-29 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    another bad thing about corruption is that it gives me tanking traits on my gear when im resto...what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    another bad thing about corruption is that it gives me tanking traits on my gear when im resto...what gives?
    And that healers were generally screwed over when it comes to the proc corruptions. Needed a vendor for them to able to at least stack their stats. Corruption is the most RNG system we have had in the game. But to defend it a bit, its a bit of rpg right, N'Zoth and the Void trying to mess with you ^^

I'm not quite sure if your serious or just flat out ignorant here. Before I swapped to my monk, as a healer we rarely struggled with raid dying to eyes, Things from beyond and whatnot, simply because we cared about the system and understood the progress penalties if we'd go higher.

You say you've used defensive corruptions if you'd go below a 90% treshhold, i yonder how many times you've been benched for not being able to bring the numbers required for maut, ra-den & n'zoth.

Then again i believe your post consists out of random called plain BS & that you've either quit along time ago or being one of those LFR heroes ( nothing wrong with either )
    Last edited by Boiled-Lobster; 2020-07-29 at 05:28 AM.

No, they are not. Usually, the top guilds dps have multiple dps classes to sub in and out based on their survivalbility - they wouldnt carry a mage or something if a hunter could do the same dps yet survive. If you have to gimp your DPS to survive - you might as well bring another person or class that can survive and do both.

If you can't, they'll work out a raid cooldown to be used during that phase such as SLT, Devo Aura etc. I don't think Method, Complexity and the other top guilds would cut their dps to just live
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Not really, you need to take the fact that the non corrupted 475 pants you have vs avoidance rank 3 475 pants you then get with worse stat is not a dps-upgrade, its a dps downgrade, undeniable fact. That's the discussion. You are taking this pedantic example just to score a point, obviously from your first sentence here lol. Since we are talking about corruption vs leggos, leggos always(well except the first few weeks) came with more stats and even sockets in some examples. Corruption have some effects, like avoidance that do nothing for your dps and is a dps loss because even a rank 1 mastery for a Havoc DH for instance, where mastery is crap, you get throughput with it, compared to avoidance that does nothing. The fact that there are a good chance those avoidance pants are worse than your non-corrupted pants makes this true.

No one in their right mind would use an avoidance corrupted piece anyway. Because like you say, almost 60 different corruptions. You said no corruption is a dps-loss initially, which is untrue by the examples I just gave. Legendaries didn't have that issue vs non-legendaries. Though in start of Legion before they buffed the ilvl on it, we had the same issue with prydaz for instance. But according to you, that would be an upgrade since it was utility. So then we get back to the main point, what was worse with leggos in that regard? And that's without taking the buff to them that came few weeks in.
    so you're shifting the goalposts that the items aren't identical.

word

And that healers were generally screwed over when it comes to the proc corruptions. Needed a vendor for them to able to at least stack their stats. Corruption is the most RNG system we have had in the game. But to defend it a bit, its a bit of rpg right, N'Zoth and the Void trying to mess with you ^^

Funny how I said in one of my posts that corruption is RNG, even despite the vendor ( imo somewhat still RNG before data-mining ).

But yes, getting that IT on my paladin took forever, near the end ( a week somewhat before vendor was released ) I managed to get the RNG gods on my side and roll 3 good pieces with IT1.

don't get me wrong, RNG surely is all part of games with an RPG aspect, it's been like this since 2004.
    But personally I'd say corruption is a bad system;

- people in guilds started to focus on their BIS corruption, whereas some got lucky others didn't and got stuck ( which eventually turned out on top as BIS when stacked ) with stat sticks that they've put up in the bank.

- fewer people have common sense & didnt understood the way the punishment worked that resulted in countless wipes in LFR or pugs.

Please stop with comments that indicate the mass should've used the AH;

THAT SAME MASS DOESNT HAVE MILLIONS OF GOLD. Only farmers, gold buyers, gold sellers ( account hackers ) and top end guilds had acces to such amounts of gold.

It was seriously retarded as F to see a 460 shield go for 10M gold just because it had a socket & IS3.
    It's almost the same as seeing crafted resistance gear in vanilla for 10k ( not that it ever happened, but you get the idea ).
    Surely something powerful comes with a great price, but the inflation caused by corruptions was just.. meh.

I like it how people keep saying that its an excellent system whilst blizzard themselves agreed it was absolutely horrendous to balance ( thus bad ).

With the release of the vendor it was slightly improved, BUT the weekly upgrades were still far FAR behind with a cap of 3, making it very difficult for alts to catch up. Allowing you to be stuck with the same toon ever since launch.

But why do guilds like Limit have all alts on the same level if you say this ?

Well simply because this game is their jobs, like method/echo some high end raiders got payed for playing, then there's streamers etc. Trough sponsorships & donations. Making it hell of a lot easier to play 12-18h a day on multiple toons to keep them in line.

Whereas the majority and core of the players have lives, jobs & family to look after.

With whatever reasoning people in this thread bring, you won't change my mind, as a father of two, I say this system has been the worst ever since anything was introduced.
    Last edited by Boiled-Lobster; 2020-07-29 at 05:51 AM.