Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Opinions....but wod survival pre spec nerf to the ground in preps to their wonderful rework...was flipping awesome I miss it so much. Only other time I had more fun was Lk ArP stacked mm.

I haven't kept up with changes to hunters in SL. I had...hopes for 2h frost again....lol. We all get shafted at some point. Sometimes multiple times.
    It's unfortunate that every spec can't receive equal attention,especially considering that Blizzard has the means to employ enough people to do the job right.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Make survival a tank spec tbh
    When I started classic and was browsing the old talent trees, I wonder if survival was somewhat intended to be a tank spec. Just about every point emphasized on the spec's name and are defensive in nature: health boosts, parry chances, counter-attack form a parry, etc.

I enjoy the concept of a melee pet spec tbh but with the numbers alone, there is no viable reason for me to be survival compared to BM/MM in its current state. If survival at least shined in aoe damage better than the other two, I wouldn't mind playing it for M+ pushes. I hope it gets some attention.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The reason Survival hunters are ranked is seen as a meme at most in Pve is that you've got specs in the same role like Havoc DH that bring darkness(group defensive) access to aoe and single target stun at the same time, cleaving that is done automatically and on top of that being free from pet ai limitations. Can't tell you how many times i've been mistaken for a bad dpser because my pet got trapped somewhere causing me to loose access to many of my abilities.

Anyway Survival hunters seem like a joke in comparison to these guys. Even if they by chance end up doing less in raw number you'd always bring them over Sv hunter or tell them to play one of their 2 more usefull specs. Since they're range without loosing any non-existent SV mele utility of defensives LOL.

Unless survival gets melee survivability + utility then they will never be viable in dungeons m+ high keys. And in raid you want more range.

They strictly a somewhat reliable Pvp neiche at most after 4 years.

Edit:
    What are these mele defensives and utilities i speak of that they either don't have or don't loose as ranged?

The damage while moving, the natural 5% parry all melee except SV has, aoe stun/root without loosing posthase freedom that saves you from most deaths lol.
    Last edited by Huntsmang; 2020-11-20 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Remembering