Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So many people focus in on the 'random' nature of acquiring both corruption and other similar systems like legenderies, but ignore what I believe is the biggest issue of most of these systems - non class abilities representing the majority of your damage during a fight.

Some of the data you see has well over 50% of the characters damage coming from things that have nothing to do with the class or spec - just generic items - essences, azerite traits, corruption. Personally, i find that extremely boring and it doesnt appeal to me at all.
    Thats part of what I mean, how much of your damage that comes from non-class sources, which is why I personally think corruption is way worse than legendaries that gave your spec something. Essence is the same as corruption too ye. Like artifact weapon buffed your spec's abilities, not some random proc that can do 50% of your damage. Just check legion logs vs bfa logs, its half the amount of damage sources. Which is is also why I look forward to Shadowlands. Soulbinds either buff you with some stats, or buff your Covenant abilities, focusing on that and thats it. Legendaries in SL will do something for your spec abilities as well. Thats way more fun.

Not fun to see twilight devastation, essence beam, lash of the void, lethal strikes and so on being among top 6 of your damage sources. Its not not cool at all imo. Blizzard totally missed the mark with all this and I look forward to the game being more like WoW again.

They tried this now in BfA, hope they never try again. I am all for rental power, but make some effort when doing so. BfA is the beta of all future expansions it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Thats part of what I mean, how much of your damage that comes from non-class sources, which is why I personally think corruption is way worse than legendaries that gave your spec something. Essence is the same as corruption too ye. Like artifact weapon buffed your spec's abilities, not some random proc that can do 50% of your damage. Just check legion logs vs bfa logs, its half the amount of damage sources. Which is is also why I look forward to Shadowlands. Soulbinds either buff you with some stats, or buff your Covenant abilities, focusing on that and thats it. Legendaries in SL will do something for your spec abilities as well. Thats way more fun.

Not fun to see twilight devastation, essence beam, lash of the void, lethal strikes and so on being among top 6 of your damage sources. Its not not cool at all imo. Blizzard totally missed the mark with all this and I look forward to the game being more like WoW again.

They tried this now in BfA, hope they never try again. I am all for rental power, but make some effort when doing so. BfA is the beta of all future expansions it feels like.
    Apologies if i misunderstood your post - i was certainly agreeing with what you have said here anyway. I think Arms warrior was a PERFECT example of things not feeling good when passive - sure they did pretty good numbers at times, but when you check out the log and the bulk of your damage was from a passive bleed, it has 2 consequences: 1) it feels unrewarding - for me and others, maybe not EVERYONE, but certainly a common complaint. 2) its passive, so it reduces the gap between a good player, and an amazing player. Or a bad player and a good player. What they have done with the mastery for arms in SL has me excited about warrior for the first time in years, and i have "mained" one since early vanilla days.

I also try to avoid numbers - if i say "its bad because it can deal 70% of your damage on a fight", there is always that one clown who comes in refuting all the numbers and fighting over semantics and the whole conversation devolves into intricacies and specifics, and im more of a "it just doesnt feel good" kinda person.

So many people focus in on the 'random' nature of acquiring both corruption and other similar systems like legenderies, but ignore what I believe is the biggest issue of most of these systems - non class abilities representing the majority of your damage during a fight.

Some of the data you see has well over 50% of the characters damage coming from things that have nothing to do with the class or spec - just generic items - essences, azerite traits, corruption. Personally, i find that extremely boring and it doesnt appeal to me at all.
    That is actually totally opposite of what feels bad.

What feels bad is to have amazing class-compatible power taken away - because like every gear-related power is going to be away.

I will not miss corruption in the slightest because it's generic.

And damn I have missed so much HFC hunter set that made aimed shot instant cast. I missed all the shit from artifact weapon.
    So I am damn glad corruptions are generic. Percisely because you find it extremely boring and doesn't appeal to you, makes it way better system because that was the aim.

Remember how much people cried when they lost legiondaries? Because I do.

By the way, arms warriors go with haste corruptions now.

I dislike corruption for so many reasons... but largely for the same reasons I’m sick of Visions. “Corruption slowed” “Eye spawned” “Thing from beyond inc” it’s just more annoying crap that get tedious with time.

As a healer, I mostly focus on +stat corruption now that we have a vendor... add in a few procs from other sources and I have close to 100% Crit on some of my bugger CD heals. The scaling is crazy broken. Some will find this fun for the end patch, personally I think it’s silly and will be detrimental to the game in the pre-patch when it all gets turned off.

I don’t mind some RNG on gear. WF/TF was a bit OTT however, but a chance for a capped +5 ilvl wouldn’t be silly... or just stick with bonus sockets and tertiary stats like leech.

Some RNG can be fun, but not when it makes up such a large portion of player power due to excessive scaling.

Players want objective, obtainable, fair means of character optimization <--------> Devs want random unbalanced, untested, unfair RNG bullshit chaos as "fun".

If blizz didnt implement corruption game would be pretty much deserted.Corruption is fun on so many levels.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

What's bullshit? That there are 54 corruptions you have to get your best from? Might have been 58, sorry about that. If you get a corruption and it's a dps-loss, is that better than getting healing pants on Hunter(legendary) which is a dps upgrade because of the amount of stats compared to non-legendary? Is that bullshit? Or that you didn't play Legion so you dont know getting a leggo every 2 weeks was very common if you played the game? Or that corruption is so powerful that legendaries were never even close to the difference between bad and good? Or that you could do thousands of dungeons and raid bosses and still not get your bis corruption? You mind tell me how that's any different than getting legendaries which actually had bad luck protection? You can apply the same thing to corruptions as legendaries.

Or did you just say bullshit because reasons? I know what I am putting my money on here.
    You dont have any corruptions you need yet? Are you even playing the game? They oretty much fixed the acquisition in less then 3 months. Stop conplaining, legendary acquisition was 100 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    LFD/LFR - Blizzard admitting they're ok having players "expect to win" with random strangers, 0 communication group content, no strategy or CC... just burn through it... really killed the quality of players in the game.
    I agree with you that LFD greatly reduced the gameplay Quality of Dungeons. However I like especially on Leveling my Char the easy to just Hop into a dungeon without the need to stop what I´m doing.

And LFD is only around for trivial Content.

LFR however, I try to avoid that as much as Possible, I dont really see/get what it adds to the game, but surely it has its Crowd, so doesnt really affect me. Most "LFR players" dont step into Normal or Heroic raids anyway.

Flying - It's hard to actually say if this is BAD or just changed the game in a way that is less desirable than if they never added it... but we don't exactly have a good control to think about. Flying was added in BC, and sure people say vanilla and early BC the game felt more alive, you were on the ground exploring, etc. But that might've just been because the game was super new. It's hard to say that went away because of flying, but it could've.
    I actually like how its done right now, where you get flying later, however I´d like to have it in the first Season.

Titanforging - This probably is actually the worst system added to the game ever when you think about the damage it did, and how long it's been around. No more gear BiS lists, just endless slot machines. Luck > skill and difficulty.
    As a Casual player Titanforging has been Awesome. I dont really mind "Not getting the BEst Possible", made clearing Lower Level stuff like Normal still have the chance to grand an Upgrade. Though I can see the Issue Min/Max players have.

Paid Level Boost - I think this is really bad, it adds to the feeling of leveling being arbitrary and pointless. New players can buy a boost and be in your group and not know what the hell they're doing, when they should have learned their class beforehand.
    I see what you mean, but lets be Honest, for one the LevelBoost is damn Expensive, and only comes around MidExpansion, so the people who use it are that few. And at leas the last two Expansions you dont learn your class beforehand. in Legion the Legendarys/Sets dictated how you played, and in BFA the Azerit Traits/Essences and now Corruptions Dictate how it works.

Leveling is since at least Cataclysm just a Chore.

Apologies if i misunderstood your post - i was certainly agreeing with what you have said here anyway. I think Arms warrior was a PERFECT example of things not feeling good when passive - sure they did pretty good numbers at times, but when you check out the log and the bulk of your damage was from a passive bleed, it has 2 consequences: 1) it feels unrewarding - for me and others, maybe not EVERYONE, but certainly a common complaint. 2) its passive, so it reduces the gap between a good player, and an amazing player. Or a bad player and a good player. What they have done with the mastery for arms in SL has me excited about warrior for the first time in years, and i have "mained" one since early vanilla days.

I also try to avoid numbers - if i say "its bad because it can deal 70% of your damage on a fight", there is always that one clown who comes in refuting all the numbers and fighting over semantics and the whole conversation devolves into intricacies and specifics, and im more of a "it just doesnt feel good" kinda person.
    Yeah, I miss skill being a favor, and even if I think Legion was better in this regard, I think we need to go back to WoD to actually find an expansion when skill mattered as much as it should. I don't mind rental power, but I like when specs feel special, got niches or something that makes you feel "hey, I am playing a warrior now, and not just the same as the character I just relogged from". Both generic abilities and passives which is the same across the board and the overall class design that hurts by this does not feel good and is the biggest reason for why I stopped my sub twice this expansion, it's not all that fun to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    You dont have any corruptions you need yet? Are you even playing the game? They oretty much fixed the acquisition in less then 3 months. Stop conplaining, legendary acquisition was 100 times worse.
    No, sub just went out, and I did let it go in June too, but some pvp buddies wanted to do a bit more arenas before we all took breaks. There is no reason to play WoW now seeing BfA got zero to do outside raiding and m+. The vendor came when progression was over, just like legendaries and it took 4 months to get it out, not 3. And no, the rng is worse since it's no bad luck protection. You didn't have all leggos in 4 months? You didn't even play in Legion??

Isn't it great when you can put same arguments on both things because they are almost the same, just a bit less rng for Legiondairies seeing corruption was "100" times worse.

Corruption is a stupid system but has allowed for some fun things due to how absurdly broken it is (eg. all-tank raids). It should have been entirely disabled in PvP too.

A lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening come pre-patch and corruption goes away. I know my tank will miss his 48% of damage coming from Twilight Devastation, but also PvP is going to be interesting when Gushing Wounds isn't doing 40%+ of damage and fire mages and destruction warlocks can no longer cast their nukes in 1-2.5 seconds.

edit: also as a healer main it makes me sad that there are no healer-specific corruptions (outside of things like amps), but also that the punishment for having too much corruption puts the strain on the healer should people not manage them properly. Can't tell you how many M+ runs have had people stand in their clone stalkers!
    Last edited by Maleficents; 2020-07-27 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Players want objective, obtainable, fair means of character optimization <--------> Devs want random unbalanced, untested, unfair RNG bullshit chaos as "fun".
    Correct idea, wrong reason though.

Devs do as they're told. And what they're told is to keep the player retention high... or be replaced in their work. So Ion goes to the meeting of directors with another idea to do that, because he wants to keep his job.
    New system, to keep player retention as high as possible. Tuning the knobs as tightly as possible. And when the squirming gets loud enough, they loosen it a lil' bit. (corruption vendor, *cough*)

I miss old Blizzard. These systems are such BS indicators of what they've become. Koticks wallet-sack.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Corruption is just in a league of its own- Before they could be bought from M.O.T.H.E.R. you had to hope to see the right one on the AH and pray to have made enough gold in the last couple of expansions to be able to afford it. Otherwise you had to rely on RNG on top of RNG. You had to get the right item slot, with the right secondary stats, with the right rank of corruption, preferably with the right item level(from weekly M+ chest or Mythic Raid). And as you raised your Corruption Resistance, you had to pray to get multiply of these.
    No you didn't. None of this was necessary at all, because there was never any requirement to have the absolute best possible corruptions. The only real problem that was plainly evident was the inability of some players to cope with seeing someone else having a slight advantage over them due to luck - something which has always been a factor in WoW.

The simple truth of the matter is that if you put in the amount of effort that was commensurate with the level of content you were doing, you were going to have sufficiently decent corruptions to do the content. In the final analysis, probably only around 5% of total output ever came down to how lucky you were with corruptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a "wishlist" of best corruptions for your characters is perfectly fine - it's what we strive for as a final goal. But it's not having those corruptions that makes the game interesting, it's how you play the hand you're dealt while on the path towards getting there.

A lot of people like to echo the popular, but useless, idea that if you didn't get the perfect set of corrupted items you were screwed. But that's just BS. How well any player did was far more about how they adapted to having non-ideal corruptions than about which corruptions they got - because this was the boat that the vast majority of players was in.

And this is why I quite like the corruption system - because it really was about the choices we made given the unique toolset each of us was given, instead of simply going with a cookie cutter list.

Yeah, I miss skill being a favor, and even if I think Legion was better in this regard, I think we need to go back to WoD to actually find an expansion when skill mattered as much as it should. I don't mind rental power, but I like when specs feel special, got niches or something that makes you feel "hey, I am playing a warrior now, and not just the same as the character I just relogged from". Both generic abilities and passives which is the same across the board and the overall class design that hurts by this does not feel good and is the biggest reason for why I stopped my sub twice this expansion, it's not all that fun to me.

- - - Updated - - -

No, sub just went out, and I did let it go in June too, but some pvp buddies wanted to do a bit more arenas before we all took breaks. There is no reason to play WoW now seeing BfA got zero to do outside raiding and m+. The vendor came when progression was over, just like legendaries and it took 4 months to get it out, not 3. And no, the rng is worse since it's no bad luck protection. You didn't have all leggos in 4 months? You didn't even play in Legion??

Isn't it great when you can put same arguments on both things because they are almost the same, just a bit less rng for Legiondairies seeing corruption was "100" times worse.
    Its completly fine that you are trying to make a point by flat out lying.

You would not be able to achieve getting al legiondaries jn the first half year? Why the badluck protection you are refering to was broken, blizzard had attempted several fixes for it, but apperently shit slipped your mind. Even blizzard made several post during the first have year with how many people obtained x amounts of legendaries, and even by then less then 1% had al legendaries, and that was because they obtained them during the bugs the bug that made people get legendaries back to back at release. So stop your bullshit, acquisition for corruption are a billion times better, but their both dogshit systems.

Corruption wouldn't have been too much of a bad thing if there had been a vendor from the start allowing for people to work toward the goal you wanted from the start aswell as having them tuned better from the start.

Since they went the rng route they should have balanced them better.

Corruption should also have remained pve only, im of the personal opinion that pve and pvp should not be affected by one another or if they are they are adequately balanced that their shouldn't be a disparity that invalidates one method.

The idea of corrupted items was to combat the issue with titanforging. Based on idea alone this was one of the greatest systems in my opinion. Just like any other thing in the game, balancing was the big issue. I'd love for them to continue this system and really work on balancing out to be a base system of the game and not just BfA. The vendor fixed some issues of the RNG but I'm not sure I agree with the cycle. certain builds having to wait a month to work compared to others who got lucky and got what they needed week one.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    @Coldkill ive heard that the pala did get glad this way, so id say it was pretty reliable.
    They did kinda fix it though, since they made it so that if we have too much corruption we die in a few secs from damage that cant be avoided in any way.
    How can he get gladiator if titles haven't been handed out yet? How can it have been fixed if it is basically the same system except for 'balance' changes early on? I can see how being a paladin and being immune to damage can make a guy survive a bit longer may seem broken but there are no threads crying about all the players doing this. It's just a few players smashing bads. This is not the reason why corruption was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How can he get gladiator if titles haven't been handed out yet? How can it have been fixed if it is basically the same system except for 'balance' changes early on? I can see how being a paladin and being immune to damage can make a guy survive a bit longer may seem broken but there are no threads crying about all the players doing this. It's just a few players smashing bads. This is not the reason why corruption was bad.
    if you wanna be specific sure, he didnt get glad, but he got the rating equal to whats needed to get glad. doesnt change the fact that it was a reliable strat before the fix.
    its fixed because its no longer possible to have as much corruption overflow as this paladin had, since blizz implemented a new side effect that just kills you and theres nothing you can do about it.
    theres no whine threads about it, because it was not very widespread, but it wouldve been if it had not been fixed.
    and yes this was one of the reason why corruption is bad. yes there a other reasons...
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-07-27 at 02:53 PM.

Its completly fine that you are trying to make a point by flat out lying.

You would not be able to achieve getting al legiondaries jn the first half year? Why the badluck protection you are refering to was broken, blizzard had attempted several fixes for it, but apperently shit slipped your mind. Even blizzard made several post during the first have year with how many people obtained x amounts of legendaries, and even by then less then 1% had al legendaries, and that was because they obtained them during the bugs the bug that made people get legendaries back to back at release. So stop your bullshit, acquisition for corruption are a billion times better, but their both dogshit systems.
    Hard cap lasted 2 months and 2 weeks. I am talking about my Hunter which dinged late november 2016, after they fixed that hard cap. I would love to see proof of your claims btw where blizzard made several post during the first(half year you mean?) I had all legendaries for the spec in 4 months. I think I got my first survival one in march or early april. Of course, some leggos dropped for all specs so some were useful for the others already.

But go on, don't let fact go in the way for your narrative. Weird really, since the acquisition for corruption is billion times better, why so defensive?

Don't worry, I found the link myself. Not really what you claimed, but that wasn't so surprising. The issue were that the BLP stopped working after 4 leggos because blizzard thought 4 would be enough at that time. But they changed that. They even said they increased the chance for it to drop in 7.1. Humm, just what I have been saying all along, removing soft cap after 2 months and 2 weeks(I said 2 months and 1 week earlier, my bad!) and increased the chance around that time(7.1). Half a year is into Nighthold progression. This post was actually posted when my hunter dinged 110! Or around that. You were right about the 100s of millions that had gotten 4, but that's also it. Saying it was said 6 months later is just bullshit as it was adressed in late November that they had done this a week ago, middle of November.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=257898/...ur-legendaries

Now stop accusing people for lying and actually argue and don't come with exaggerations and low ball insult. Billion times better!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-27 at 02:57 PM.

Hard cap lasted 2 months and 2 weeks. I am talking about my Hunter which dinged late november 2016, after they fixed that hard cap. I would love to see proof of your claims btw where blizzard made several post during the first(half year you mean?) I had all legendaries for the spec in 4 months. I think I got my first survival one in march or early april. Of course, some leggos dropped for all specs so some were useful for the others already.

But go on, don't let fact go in the way for your narrative. Weird really, since the acquisition for corruption is billion times better, why so defensive?

Don't worry, I found the link myself. Not really what you claimed, but that wasn't so surprising. The issue were that the BLP stopped working after 4 leggos because blizzard thought 4 would be enough at that time. But they changed that. They even said they increased the chance for it to drop in 7.1. Humm, just what I have been saying all along, removing soft cap after 2 months and 2 weeks(I said 2 months and 1 week earlier, my bad!) and increased the chance around that time(7.1). Half a year is into Nighthold progression. This post was actually posted when my hunter dinged 110! Or around that. You were right about the 100s of millions that had gotten 4, but that's also it. Saying it was said 6 months later is just bullshit as it was adressed in late November that they had done this a week ago, middle of November.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=257898/...ur-legendaries

Now stop accusing people for lying and actually argue and don't come with exaggerations and low ball insult. Billion times better!
    I started 1 week ago and gotten ALL corruptions in 2 days, pretty much what your saying. Take care dude, cba talking with people that bend the truth to their will

I started 1 week ago and gotten ALL corruptions in 2 days, pretty much what your saying. Take care dude, cba talking with people that bend the truth to their will
    With the vendor yeah, that's possible if you got your correct one in this week's rotation, maybe 2 resets? Great stuff though, love the need to get a vendor after just 4 months because blizzard gave in and saw the tuning for corruption had gone haywire.

Yeah, it's tough when the one your argue with present the evidence for you, and call you out on things you have no clue about. Half a year=less than 3 months. Time flies. Bending the truth to my will, or giving you the truth that goes with my will, you are of course free to choose one that suits your need.