Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh boy, and this is why people should start learning simcraft before speaking utter nonsense

If I cleanse my entire gear i lose ~20% dps. That is not even close to "majority"

Even with cleansed weapon (that is technically built in corruption) its still 27%:

And no my class is not really exception.
    From top parses of each dps class on mythic nzoth, stat amps are:
    DK frost, DK unholy
    Druid bala, Druid feral
    Hunter BM, MM, SV
    Mage arcane, fire, forst
    Monk WW
    Pala Ret
    Priest shadow
    Rogue assa, outlaw
    Sham ele, enh
    Warlock affli, demo, destro
    Warrior arms

And extra effects specs are:
    Rogue sub (twisted appendage)
    DH Havoc

Half/half
    Warrior fury

So overwhelming majority of DPS specs uses stat amps, stop spreading lies https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...2344&class=DPS
    Why are you simming with blues thus lowering the effects of corruption?

Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Why are you simming with blues thus lowering the effects of corruption?

Shameful.
    Because I have these "blues" in 475 ilvl version and are actually better than anything mythic raid has to offer. I did not change their ilvl in sims.
    It's a comparison of pure gear vs corrupted gear, same ilvl.

Well, you could sim it yourself if you knew how.

That is another thing that people don't understand, color of gear doesn't matter for simcraft, you could bring green items to mythic raid quality and it will have the same stat budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POYWpc2FSro (pvp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEINk89xM6s(pve)

verdict: corruption is a horrible idea, wasn't tested, just thrown in and we'll fix it later.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh?how is this a new concept?in tbc or wotlk if you were new or coming back and you didnt farm bg's to get resilence gear you would get eaten alive...and that gear took far more time and effort to get,as you needed to first farm honor for days,and then wait weeks until you got arena gear to really be competitive,corruption is leagues easier to get
    This was in fact not a big issue back then because player power was only in the hands of skilled players, and the classes mechanics. Corruptions and Essences are totally seperate entities in terms of power that one shotting players has become normalized instead of having to actually play any character properly, having the right amount of pvp gear and yes, one shotting players was possible. Now all it takes is reroll essence and corruption till you get BIS, hope for a proc and watch anything around you die. Oh, heres a vendor to make it even easier lmao, what a horrible system that I will never take part in.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Because I have these "blues" in 475 ilvl version and are actually better than anything mythic raid has to offer. I did not change their ilvl in sims.
    It's a comparison of pure gear vs corrupted gear, same ilvl.

Well, you could sim it yourself if you knew how.

That is another thing that people don't understand, color of gear doesn't matter for simcraft, you could bring green items to mythic raid quality and it will have the same stat budget.
    Fair enough I just assumed the worst. I still not really grasp at what point your trying to make. BM is one of the least effected classes by corruption and even then a 20% difference is usually linked to having an entire tier set worth of gear rather then an item enchant.

I think you could convince me corruption isn't the worst system but your never going to budge me on thinking it isn't terrible.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    how can it be the worst when all of it's issues were fixed after a few months by adding a single vendor and it is only a one patch system?

there are dozens of systems over the years that take over a year to fix and don't go away.
    its worse because its one of the few systems in the games entire lifetime that prevents new players from basically doing any content late in the expansion, it didnt fix any of the issues it was supposed to instead traded a bad system for a terrible one. i mean over half of many classes damage comes directly from corruption and essences its a joke and in the blink of an eye it will be taken away with what we can only assume with be (from past experience) no tuning adjustements to at least half the classes to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    This was in fact not a big issue back then because player power was only in the hands of skilled players, and the classes mechanics. Corruptions and Essences are totally seperate entities in terms of power that one shotting players has become normalized instead of having to actually play any character properly, having the right amount of pvp gear and yes, one shotting players was possible. Now all it takes is reroll essence and corruption till you get BIS, hope for a proc and watch anything around you die. Oh, heres a vendor to make it even easier lmao, what a horrible system that I will never take part in.
    lol,someone didnt play wrath,1 shoting in wrath was the norm,arcane mages did around 75% of a pyro's damage with arcane barage until it was finally nerfed...rets could 1 shot,elemental,destro,bm they would eat you alive,and yeah it wasnt a tentacle killing people,but all that amazing gear they had made stuff like chaos bolt do insane damage,at the end of the day it was still you 1 shoting people because of better gear

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Never to this extreme of an extent no. Point my towards past last patches having people soloing current content bosses or one shotting entire arena teams. Nor is this even "Always". Legion was the last time we got to OP levels and that was because it had the legendary systems stacked on top of a infinitly scaling stat button. Prior to Legion WoW didn't have this sort of stuff. What did WoD have? A ring. That could go up ilvls. Just one single piece of gear. What did MoP have? A cloak. That didnt keep upgrading. Cata, Wotlk, tbc, didnt have stuff like that.

One expansion ago is not always. One expansion ago is not a trend.

EDIT: I should say that for Legion they actually considered removing the legendary item cap for the last patch but decided it would be to crazy.
    The WoD ring was at least almost as broken, allowing you to skip entire phases on Archimonde if used correctly or allowing 20 second Mythic boss kills, and people have been soloing current bosses since Cata at least. Wrath had Shadowmourne which was hilarious in both PvE and PvP. Mists had the incredibly broken SoO trinkets

Corruptions are definitely a cut above most of these things, save maybe the WoD ring, but it's the final patch of an expansion that has mostly been disappointing. There's value in letting people blow off steam with crazy OP shit.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its worse because its one of the few systems in the games entire lifetime that prevents new players from basically doing any content late in the expansion, it didnt fix any of the issues it was supposed to instead traded a bad system for a terrible one. i mean over half of many classes damage comes directly from corruption and essences its a joke and in the blink of an eye it will be taken away with what we can only assume with be (from past experience) no tuning adjustements to at least half the classes to make up for it.
    no different than having to do a few months of catchup for your legendary ring in WoD, which was a very comparable system. just with valor points instead of echoes.

when was the last time you DIDNT have to do over a months of catchup as a returning player? maybe cata? though i think they had gear upgrades there too.

essences are also worse than corruption in that specific regard.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-08-01 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Players are gatekeeping players, not corruption.

Also, there are extremely few specs whose main source of damage is proc based corruption, so all you're doing is showing that your salty ass has no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    wall of bs
    Something being "true in [your] eyes" doesnt actually make it a fact...

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Fair enough I just assumed the worst. I still not really grasp at what point your trying to make. BM is one of the least effected classes by corruption and even then a 20% difference is usually linked to having an entire tier set worth of gear rather then an item enchant.

I think you could convince me corruption isn't the worst system but your never going to budge me on thinking it isn't terrible.
    I never said I like corruption system, i liked titanforging. Still It isn't even close as bad as people think it is. Mostly because they never really calculated/tested it and based on couple outliners they say it's stupiditly overpower - it really isnt.

In WoD there was a movie how some guild blasted tyrant velhari in like 18s, ring exploded her ass - literally. Does it mean ring was THAT powerful?
    No it means group gathered entire trash before boss, juiced ring with it, and then exploded into boss.
    Ring was overpowered but not that much. It wasn't a rule, it was exception.

And my class isn't really exception, check it yourself. The exception may be fire mage but again, its not a problem of corruptions but badly designed mastery - ignite.

If we take all aspects of the system into consideration, there was TONS of worse systems, and one of those were legiondaries.

I never said I like corruption system, i liked titanforging. Still It isn't even close as bad as people think it is. Mostly because they never really calculated/tested it and based on couple outliners they say it's stupiditly overpower - it really isnt.

In WoD there was a movie how some guild blasted tyrant velhari in like 18s, ring exploded her ass - literally. Does it mean ring was THAT powerful?
    No it means group gathered entire trash before boss, juiced ring with it, and then exploded into boss.
    Ring was overpowered but not that much. It wasn't a rule, it was exception.

And my class isn't really exception, check it yourself. The exception may be fire mage but again, its not a problem of corruptions but badly designed mastery - ignite.

If we take all aspects of the system into consideration, there was TONS of worse systems, and one of those were legiondaries.
    I just can't say I agree. Sure I can agree on leggoes but beyond that until the vendor came no system could cripple you quite so hard via rng then corruption. Even with the vendor a rather large grind is never something I am going to cheer for...

Blizzard keeps playing with derpy systems when all wow need nah desires is for upgrades to simply drop off bosses. The more you try to screw with that the worse you end up.

You like anything about the game? Go play Animal Crossing if you are this butthurt.

No min maxing is what ruined it. It’s what ruins everything. There can’t be any fun rpg choices, as evidenced by covenants most recently, because min maxing is all that matters. Homogeneity is the only thing that appeases the min maxers.