Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The problem with FFXIV

I have been playing this game since before ARR. The following issues are mine and mine alone, though I am sure there are people who will agree with me.

1. As said in several other places this game isn't friendly to couples are friends. Can you level together? Sure. But lets say you started playing and your friend see it and is like oh man this game looks badass, so he goes out and buys a copy. Really he won't be able to play with you unless you Q dungeons with him. But the way the game currently works this is a bad idea. For those reading, the game currently works like this for new players. New players get a massive exp boost to 70 ( i think ), if a new player starts and spams dungeons so they can play with their friends they will out level the main story quest, along as any quest hubs. Keep in mind these quests hubs also have quests which have to be completed ( though not the main story questline ) in order to be able to fly in some areas, as well as opening the beast master tribes. So really, on your first play through the game is about 100% single player with the exception of a few dungeon ques for trials, dungeons, main scenario quests. Once you get to max level, this is where the game more or less becomes a standard run of the mill mmo. Change to another job and bam without any quest to hold you back, you can play with your friends all the time, almost everything you can do for exp you and level sync down and join in fates, dungeons etc.

2. Lost and forgotten ideas or implementations. The game are riddled with these. It starts in the very beginning but becomes more apparent the longer you play. For example, when you first start the game you play as a main job ( gladiator etc ) once you level up a bit you have the choice to go as a more specialized version of this job ( gladiator to paladin ). The reason for this is they originally wanted you to have cross class abilities. Like in any other MMO isfyou try to be the best you can be you would level up the sub class for the cross abilities, which weren't game breaking but were helpful to squeeze out that little bit extra dps, tankability, or healablitiy. A few expansions later they have all but removed this. All the effort people put into leveling up jobs proved to be 100% useless. Another example are fates. Fates are open world random events ( though they aren't so random ). For the first two real expansions fates were a way to level up, now they are barely noticed unless you are trying to do something specific, yet they are in every zone. The list goes on but I think you get the point.

3. Raiding. For long time in MMOs you have a tank, healers, support, and dps. The tanks job is to work on maintaining control of mobs, while also generating hate making sure mobs aren't hitting other targets. Healers make sure the tank and the dps stay alive, support typically help the dps do more dps, while the dps are ultimately responsible for killing the mobs. This trifecta is standard in most mmos. In final fantasy both raiding and dungeons tanks primary job is to pop a cool down on tankbusters ( hard hitting abilities ), taunt switch, and to do dps ( in that order ), healers jobs are to do dps, raid heal time to time, and heal the tank after a tank bust ( in that order more or less ), dps only job is to not stand in orange stuff, while supports ( if you would even call them that ) is more or less to dps. The game puts such a tight dps check on most raids meaning they can't break this cycle.

4. Diversity. You would think in a game like this where the sheer number of jobs means tons of diversity, but, that isn't the case. Take the tanks, they all have more or less the same # of cool downs, the same abilities etc. Gunblade and Paladin have almost the same 3 hit combo just renamed. Healers all more or less heal the same, at first glance they look different, like oh cool one has cards, one is a direct healer, one has a pet how freaking cool. But at the end of the day all three healers have 2 damage abilities, one of which is spammed until something needs healing ( which isn't as often, most of the time is scripted ).

5. Ability Bloat. Ive played WoW, Rift, EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard, Wildstar, honestly FFXIV has the largest scale of ability bloat in an mmo I have ever seen. Again I am going use paladin as a reference, but you can literally do it with every single job. Paladin has a 2 hit combo, with 2 different finishers and several off gcd abilities which can be weaved thats just for single target. They have a 2 hit combo for aoe, along with another 3 hit combo aoe and a 3 hit combo for single. Without naming abilities pulling trash mobs these are the keys i used. Alt 3, Alt 4, Alt 5, Ctrl 3, Ctrl 4 ( 4 times ), Ctrl 5, then back to Alt 3, Alt 4, Alt 5, Alt 4, Alt 5. Again I am not putting in the abilities which can be weaved, and thats just for aoe, including no cool downs. While reading this you might be like wow this guy must never lose threat, you are right I don't but then again I could just you Alt 4 alt 5 alt 4 alt 5 and I would achieve that goal. But here is the real kicker they don't allow macros at all ( kind of ). If you write a macro for abilities you have to put like 2.5 second pauses between each abilty you use, even if they are not on the GCD. For example lets say you wanted to blow all your cool downs in a single button ( which are instant cast ). You would have to write a macro like this cast ability 1, pause 2.5, cast ability 2, pause 2.5 meanwhile once you create the hotkey, you can't use a single ability during it because it will interrupt the macro.

6. The community and ToS. People say the community is nice and people are great etc. But that is a total misconception. Most dungeons start out with everyone saying Hey then we don't speak the rest of the instance. Come to think thats pretty much in every aspect of the game. Then when you give someone a tip about how to be better they fly off the hinges. Even if you are the most polite person in the game. Me personally if I am doing it wrong I welcome someone to tell me so, the difference is I don't care if they are rude or polite but that is my mentality. Also square enix will suspend or ban your account for cussing, being rude, or just in general being a troll. This alone causes most people just to remain silent.

All in all this game has been remade once. The game is a decent game but misleading in its capabilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think the game is without issues, here's my thoughts on the points you've listed:

1. While leveling together has its downsides in the solo parts of the MSQ, I do think XIV does a good job at the dungeon part, especially because of the level sync feature that the game has. The Road to 70 buff is limited to servers with the Preferred tag, which is only applied to a few of the less popular servers. However, if the one of the two players is leveling an alt job with their friend, they'll get a 100% exp buff on that alt job until it reaches the same lvl as their highest level job.
    Don't agree with the sidequests part, since you can ignore most of them. All the important ones are easy to identify (blue icon with a +).

2. The Producer & Director hasn't really been a fan of the Class (Gladiator)/Job (Paladin) system for the past couple of expansion, and has been wanting to get rid of the class part for a while now. While there's plenty of half-baked ideas in XIV (Lords of Verminion, Gardening, Desynthesis, to name a few) I wouldn't call FATEs a forgotten one, considering they made an attempt at making them more relevant in Shadowbringers, with the addition of the bicolor gemstones to buy cosmetic stuff. They're still pretty boring to do though, and the only reason why they're no longer massively used for leveling is because they're no longer the most efficient way.

3. An in-joke being that tanks and healers are just blue and green dps. It's a very heated discussion on the official forums. Personally don't have a big issue with it, but I also wouldn't mind the game having a bit more focus on the tanking or healing parts of their respective roles. That said, dps checks only use an average amount of tank dps, and doesn't take healer dps into account. The push to do as much dps as possible on tanks/healers is more of a community thing, with players wanting others to play as optimal as possible.

4. The similarities in roles isn't as noticeable in the dps jobs, but does get painfully obvious with the tanks and healers (the former more so than the latter). DRK and PLD pretty much feel like different versions of WAR nowadays, with their burst being focused on using 5 abilities within a time window. GNB is actually slightly more unique in this regard, with their Continuation combo. Healer DPS is very boring since ShB, due to the 2-ability thing you mentioned. Their healing kits do vary between the jobs though, which is a big reason why parties often prefer SCH/AST over WHM.

6. "great community btw", "you don't pay my sub" being some of the jokes that sort of describes this (never seen the second one used unironically ingame though) I'm a bit on the fence myself, as I do think a good amount of the community is nice. But there's also a ton of passive-aggressive toxic players around. Passive-aggressive because of the ToS part you mentioned. Being directly aggressive is an easy way to get a warning on your account, with how silly it is on what others can report you for.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by fersaken View Post
    1. As said in several other places this game isn't friendly to couples are friends.
    Indeed. The game is very co-op unfriendly on a first playthrough of the MSQ. There is no sharing of quest objectives (if you're both on one quest to kill 3 mobs, you can't have one of you go and kill the 3 mobs and have it count for the other. Both of you have to kill the three mobs or it doesn't count). There is no co-op in the solo duties, and since this is a JRPG, you're basically waiting on your friend to finish watching cutscenes and reading through the dialogue before you can get to the next bit.

Star Trek Online does co-op in a story focused MMO the best. You can have your friends join any mission with you (no being locked out of singleplayer duties). Your friend is scaled down so he doesn't ROFLstomp everything for you. Furthermore, your friend also gets some rewards like loot and EXP, so he isn't completely wasting his time.

2. Lost and forgotten ideas or implementations.
    Fates are the modern iteration of questing. Rather than having to hike to a quest hub, look for a question mark, talk to the NPC, accept the quest, go out and complete the quest, then come back to turn it in, you can just look for an ongoing FATE, join it, kill the mobs, and you're done. This is a practice now implemented in all of the big MMOs. GW2 did it first with its dynamic event system in 2012. FFXIV did it the next year in 2013. WoW adopted the system with world quests in 2016's Legion (after flirting with the idea in 2014's WoD). It's a more convenient system that people like when leveling up characters and don't care about story.

The game puts such a tight dps check on most raids meaning they can't break this cycle.
    Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Healing and tanking in other MMOs is boring. I'm supposed to be this legendary hero in WoW, who killed Illidan, the Lich King, Death Wing, Garrosh, etc... but during a raid, all I do is heal. Or get spanked by the boss. And I can't quest as a healer or a tank; I have to swap to a DPS spec to do non-instance content. In FFXIV, no matter what job you pick, you feel like a warrior. You can quest and solo the game as any job. Instanced content is more fun than in WoW as a healer and as a tank, because I am alternating between surviving/healing and fighting.

4. Diversity. You would think in a game like this where the sheer number of jobs means tons of diversity, but, that isn't the case.
    This an inevitability for any game that is focused on instanced content. The game devs want to create a tailored experience and they have to account for a limited set of abilities that the players have access to. As such, each role has to be homogenized. The experience the devs are trying to craft would fall flat if this was the year 2000 and players had access to a ludicrously wide array of capabilities like it was Everquest. If you want to play Everquest with a Final Fantasy skin, go play FFXI or join a FFXI private server or emulator.

5. Ability Bloat. Ive played WoW, Rift, EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard, Wildstar, honestly FFXIV has the largest scale of ability bloat in an mmo I have ever seen.
    It depends on the job you play. I play using an Xbox controller hooked up to my PC, and for most of the jobs I can fit all of my abilities onto my cross hotbar just fine (I have four hotbars on my screen with 4 abilities each, plus I can use the controller trigger combinations to access two more hotbars with 4 abilities, so I can easily access up to 20 abilities). I don't have a problem not being able to use all of my buttons as a Paladin. I think Paladin is one of the easiest tank jobs to play, after Dark Knight. IMO, if you want an example of a job that really suffers from ability bloat, play Gunbreaker. Goodness gracious, I think I'll need two more bars just to fit all of its abilities.

6. The community and ToS. People say the community is nice and people are great etc. But that is a total misconception. Most dungeons start out with everyone saying Hey then we don't speak the rest of the instance.
    That's every MMO with an instance queue. Hardly anyone talks in WoW dungeon and raid finders either.

Then when you give someone a tip about how to be better they fly off the hinges. Even if you are the most polite person in the game.
    I have never had this experience in any MMO I've played. Not in WoW, not in FFXIV.

Also square enix will suspend or ban your account for cussing, being rude, or just in general being a troll. This alone causes most people just to remain silent.
    Every MMO reserves the right to ban jerks. People throw a fuss about Square Enix's supposedly draconian ToS, but SE is simply more up front about the fact that they are reserving the right to kick anyone. They don't ban anyone that Blizzard doesn't. The only fishy thing I've seen someone banned for is that report on the official forums about a guy who got banned for spamming Holy in Limsa.

- - - Updated - - -

The game is a decent game but misleading in its capabilities.
    FFXIV is upfront about what it is. It's a JRPG experience with a focus on a single player campaign and tailored instanced content. If you want a systems heavy game that gives you freedom, look elsewhere. Look at sandbox games or older MMOs like Everquest, SWG, EVE Online, Ultima Online, oSRS, or FFXI.

I have one and only "problem" with FF14 (this was true for 11 as well),; it is that the naming conventions are so oblique and abstract that the game requires specialized knowledge of terminology for simple and commonplace genre features/mechanics.

This sticks in my crawl quite a bit because I worked for a time on regional development for multiplayer games for two multiplayer online video game publishers. The entire basis of my job was; "How do we best make concepts intuitive and readable for the local audience?"

Ideally, a game should be so well-designed that no text or mechanical explanation is needed for any aspect of play. Players should, 'get it' intuitively at the fundamental level of play in a clear and singular manner.

FF14 (and 11) are translation puzzles.

Edit: There is a lot of ability bloat. Yea, but I only tank in this game, and really either I'm used to it or indifferent. Could throw away like 3/4ths of all "skills" in most MMOs these days though.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-08-02 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have never had this experience in any MMO I've played. Not in WoW, not in FFXIV.
    I actually did have this issue once, during the level 77? i think? dungeon in ShB.

Had a blm who was blatantly casting only ST spells, like there was no mistaking it.

Politely said something about how casting aoe makes trash die faster and help the healer and tank out, got told to fuck off.

Kicked him and got a MCH who would aoe lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have one and only "problem" with FF14 (this was true for 11 as well),; it is that the naming conventions are so oblique and abstract that the game requires specialized knowledge of terminology for simple and commonplace genre features/mechanics.

This sticks in my crawl quite a bit because I worked for a time on regional development for multiplayer games for two multiplayer online video game publishers. The entire basis of my job was; "How do we best make concepts intuitive and readable for the local audience?"

Ideally, a game should be so well-designed that no text or mechanical explanation is needed for any aspect of play. Players should, 'get it' intuitively at the fundamental level of play in a clear and singular manner.

FF14 (and 11) are translation puzzles.
    This is actually one of the reasons why I haven't been able to step into the FF mmo's. The terminology is just too alien for me. But I feel this is a problem for Asian, and especially Japanese developers when it comes to games. They like fancy Western words and tend to twist them into their own thing which to us who have English as one of our main languages can be really confusing.

It's funny though as this only accounts for the MMO's, I have no problems with the terminology in other Final Fantasy games, maybe apart from FFXIII, but that's mostly because the game doesn't explain what the heck any of the terms mean before you are halfway through the game.

Yeah, it's not a easy game to play with, but it's truely one of the best mmo games i have ever played.

For anyone looking for a time sink, a good story (would even rival a single player RPG) and a wonderful community; This game has a bit of everything.

I've immersed myself in this game for countless hours and I'd say I'm barely in the middle of all of the expansions.

If you're into crafting, gathering, role-playing, fighting, casual, or hardcore dungeon running, this game has it all.
    Though I'd have to say that the best this game has to offer is when all of that immersion in the story, every single character has a relationship with the current story, always has more conversational material than before and always comes back to see what they have to offer next. Also, farming FFXIV Gil is also not easy but funny.

Overall, I think this game is worth it, even if a subscription-based pricing model may seem daunting to some people. However, the developers have gone out of their way to make the pricing worthwhile with a number of different themes, in this game you are essentially paying for a large number of games for the price of one.
    Last edited by sselucas; 2020-12-30 at 09:07 AM.

My response
    1. You want a mentor system. Good luck doing that in a cutscene heavy mmo like this. For some god forsaken reason people want this changed when it is literally the biggest thing that distinguishes FF14 from most other MMO's. Everything else you described is literally in every other MMO. Also yes you can queue with your friend and ilvl sync and very few MMO's actually do this.

2. Agreed. Some features evolved on accident to make FF14 unique like the job system and others like Fates have been forgotten. RIFT had a very similar issue.

3. Welcome to MMO's since 2005?!?!? FF14 is in its 3rd expansion and something like WoW in its 8th. As someone who played in WoWs 3rd expansion I feel like I am playing Wrath again when it comes to raid difficulty. By the 8th expansion the game is heavily reliant on outside addons and extremely unforgiving mechanics to spice up that formula you just stated.

4. This is just verifiable wrong because Paladins do not have something like Living dead that Dark Knights have. I think you are getting class and job specific abilities confused. To keep the tanks and most other classes balanced some abilities are shared among a class and others have job specific abilities.

5. Ability bloat does exist on some classes but I promises you be careful what you ask for. People begged Blizzard to make classes more simple and then they went on a 4 expansion tirade of gutting classes. Ability bloat is the reason why FF14 in reality has closer to a 0.8 GCD with the ability to double weave in between GCD's. If this is too much you I strongly suggest trying out the stripped down classes in WoW on their next expansion release date to realize what pruning abilities gets you. This is an easy statement to make and I cringe everything I see it because I know what the final product looks like when players say "classes seem bloated". You as a player might mean one or two abilities and a developer might hear "remove 5+ core abilities".

6. Pretty much agreed. There is no doubt that Square takes the TOS seriously while other MMO developers use it as a suggestion. Every single other MMO on the market has a Harassment policy but when you report issues no action is taken so it allows a toxic environment to flourish. They are clearly doing something right because the game has queues times and insanely packed areas/cities even mid patch cycles. Although as recent experience where I told a guy on the forums his mother was boring in bed because he called FF14 boring got me a 2 week ban I can sympathize but I knew I could be banned for making that comment

Terrible mmo is terrible what more is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

For me I feel its there's work needed for progression, sustainment, and the community

The ability bloat thing is real. Just try PVP.
    Then you know they know the ability bloat is real too.
    (Like the 1-2-3 combo can be the same button? You don't say)

1. Leveling / trying out different things together with friends is pretty much a no go. If you aren't synced up, one of the two of you will be standing around watching you watch cutscenes. The deep dungeons are a braindead grind and the last thing anyone really wants to do to level. Daily roulettes are about the only activity to do together and there's only a couple of those.

2. I LOVE that once I've done a Job or Profession that progress is kept for all time. No need for "alts" per se. Except that playing different races and different combinations of them with classes, backgrounds, and so forth is something I love about WoW. I wish I didn't need to redo things a dozen times in WoW, but its a trade off I accept for being able to feasibly manage multiple toons. Not realistically possible or worthwhile to have alts in XIV. Changing between jobs can completely throw off the arc or characterization you've molded for a character.

3. You're not playing a character you made. You're playing Square Enix's Final Fantasy protagonist that they graciously let you choose the cosmetics for. You're playing as the [SPOILER ALERT] 14th Ascian who separated from them and contributed to the creation of the Mothercrystal and the world. You're not special because of who you've decided to be, or the character you've formed... you're special because the writers decided you're basically Jesus, a former god in mortal form.
    Last edited by Akibaboy; 2021-01-04 at 04:09 AM.

snip
    Hmm... have to say I don't see the issue with some of these points

1. This has to do with expectations imho. It's a singleplayer storyline all the way through. Dungeons and Raids are Co-op.
    Alot of games do this and it's fine.

2. How is leveling the other classes pointless?
    You can play every class with 1 character and many people actually do.
    The Cross-class system was pretty okay in my opinion, but the removal doesn't make leveling different jobs a dead system.

3. Is this really a problem? I like the idea of tanks and healers dealing damage. The problem is more or less that neither tank nor healers have interesting DPS rotations. But that's more or less them babysitting bad players so that they can remain relevant.

4. see above, I agree mostly. Saying it's "all the same" for healers is a big stretch though, considering that the healers in my static prefer very specific healer roles that isn't about performance.

5. Yes. Combos could and should be put into 1 button just like in GW2 for example. I think so too.

6. Dungeons are dungeons, the "community" you are looking for and people are talking about is not in random dungeons or raids. You do dungeons to do dungeons, not to talk about stuff.
    Yet I've heard someone complain in this forum about how a random forced him into a "sight-seeing-tour".
    So I don't know what kind of interaction you expect to see in a raid or dungeon.

Guilds and random players in FFXIV do way more shit than players in most other MMOs, I can say that with certainty, most likely because there is actually "stuff" you can do something with.
    Events, housing, parties, roleplaying, yada yada etc. etc.
    Even simple stuff like a "fashion show" is way easier and more fun to do in FFXIV than in WoW or GW for example.
    Most likely because the emotes and character interactions and reactions support these interactions better than your average MMO.

when you say
    Come to think thats pretty much in every aspect of the game
    Than that pretty much means the only aspect of the game you know off and interact with is the dungeon and raid stuff. If you did anything else, that statement wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Aside from the ERP in Limsa (lul), there is a lot of other stuff going on where you can just join and do stuff for giggles.
    For example, I had a random encounter with someone who would force me to work and mine sulfur for him and I would have to send him several payments of that ressource to be "free" again. I don't quite remember how it started (I think he "forced" me to sign a document I didn't fully read, but it was fun while it lasted. When I didn't pay up, he would show up randomly with his 2 bullies in armor and extort it out of me. (the cost of that ressource was like... 20gil btw)
    Obviously, you yourself as a player have to play it out yourself.

I play FFXIV with the same friends I play WoW with and in FFXIV they do a lot more stuff like that too due to housing and the sheer amounts of emotes and silly stuff you can do with the emotes and glamour etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-05 at 09:07 AM.

Yeah, these are not the issues i have with the game, aside maybe from the last and first point, which are the social aspects. How you group and how soloable the game is, how simplistic the questing is, how you require a group for most end activities and how they are abandoned as new expansions come out, but no easily soloable.

Nice community? Ok, i'd say. You're still gonna find a lot of jerks.

So...
    1. I agree. It's a forced single player game that turns into a forced group game. It goes from one extreme to the other.

2. Not an issue for me. Mmo's are ever evolving games.

3. Nothing wrong with this. All modern mmo's do that and most people seem to like it.

4. Not a huge problem, but yes, they could diferentiate things a bit more.

5. Don't agree. I like the depth.

6. Already said i kind of agree.

The only issue I had with FFXIV was that dungeons/raids are required for MSQ progression. And in connection to that, some dungeons/raids are not very intuitive for new players. For example in one dungeon after defeating the second or third boss you have to click your hearthstone to return to the main entrance and continue to fight the remaining bosses. There is nothing in the dungeon that explains this. And if you are a new player and the rest of the group suddenly disappear and are waiting for you to figure out what happened, this can be a problem.

The second example is from one of the raids. At a certain point in the raid you get to an elevator area. You are meant to click on a terminal and collect an item to be used in a few seconds. If you don't collect the item and take the elevator to the next area you won't be able to mount a special vehicle that transports you to another part of the raid. You just see your raid team just disappear and when you try to click the "mount" you are told you are missing the item from before.

It's just little things like that that slightly tarnish the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    The only issue I had with FFXIV was that dungeons/raids are required for MSQ progression. And in connection to that, some dungeons/raids are not very intuitive for new players. For example in one dungeon after defeating the second or third boss you have to click your hearthstone to return to the main entrance and continue to fight the remaining bosses. There is nothing in the dungeon that explains this. And if you are a new player and the rest of the group suddenly disappear and are waiting for you to figure out what happened, this can be a problem.

The second example is from one of the raids. At a certain point in the raid you get to an elevator area. You are meant to click on a terminal and collect an item to be used in a few seconds. If you don't collect the item and take the elevator to the next area you won't be able to mount a special vehicle that transports you to another part of the raid. You just see your raid team just disappear and when you try to click the "mount" you are told you are missing the item from before.

They've gotten better with this as the game goes on, but it would be nice if they go back and tweak this stuff. Trusts REALLY need to be implemented for the ARR through Stormblood dungeons. They'd also be appreciated for trials. Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium really should be solo instances.

The book pages/journal entries scattered throughout the Great Gubal Library and the Twinning dungeons just don't work in this lobby MMO format, where people are rushing to the end. You can't stop for a minute and reach a page/entry while the group is rushing ahead, and taking a screencap of each page and then reading the screenshots after the dungeon ends... it's a very disjointed experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    The only issue I had with FFXIV was that dungeons/raids are required for MSQ progression. And in connection to that, some dungeons/raids are not very intuitive for new players. For example in one dungeon after defeating the second or third boss you have to click your hearthstone to return to the main entrance and continue to fight the remaining bosses.There is nothing in the dungeon that explains this. And if you are a new player and the rest of the group suddenly disappear and are waiting for you to figure out what happened, this can be a problem.

For the dungeon, you don't have to use Return, it's just much faster to do that rather than run all the way back to the entrance. The dungeon does tell you where you're supposed to go by showing you that staircase with the magic barrier at the beginning. It's up to you to get back there. Granted at this point, everyone who's been playing knows the trick and just does it. But the game does provide you all the information you need to know where to go.

For Praetorium, the dungeon dialogue directs you to go click that terminal and the terminal is highlighted for you to click on when you get there. Again, the game gives you all the information you need to figure out what you're supposed to do where you're supposed to go. And as before, given the age of those places, most people just assume everyone knows and just blazes through it.

All that said, it's not difficult to ask a question in the chat and the vast majority of players will answer without being a dick about it.

Could it be better? Yes. I just don't think it NEEDS to be.

Aside from them adding Trusts to all dungeons and making Castrum and Praetorium solo instances I doubt they'll make adjustments to something that's working.

Funny—everyone was praising FFXIV after ShB, but I guess that wore off.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Funny—everyone was praising FFXIV after ShB, but I guess that wore off.
    ???

I'm not seeing the regular posters in the main thread saying that the game isn't good. They're just focusing on the things that could be improved. It's still arguably one of the best JRPGs IMO and the best themepark MMO out there out.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    ???

I'm not seeing the regular posters in the main thread saying that the game isn't good. They're just focusing on the things that could be improved. It's still arguably one of the best JRPGs IMO and the best themepark MMO out there out.
    Dunno. Didn’t you say WoW was the best, and you only play ffxiv because it’s more casual to fit your time?