Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dan Abnett to be the author for the game,

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/dan-abnet...ver-recovered/

That is pretty good news in my opinion
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Dan Abnett to be the author for the game,

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/dan-abnet...ver-recovered/

That is pretty good news in my opinion
    Very good news, dont expect the game to be super lore heavy but still very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also some interesting info about the player hub in this article, Inquisitor starship where we can interact with npc's and other players and it seems like more players around then just your party too unlike the vermintide hubs.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bestselli...ting-darktide/
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Very good news, dont expect the game to be super lore heavy but still very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also some interesting info about the player hub in this article, Inquisitor starship where we can interact with npc's and other players and it seems like more players around then just your party too unlike the vermintide hubs.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bestselli...ting-darktide/
    Also this was released about a few hours ago,

Shaping up to be a good game with lessons learned from vermintide by the sounds of it

edit:
    Noticed the video was also linked in the article later
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2021-06-03 at 08:36 PM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I hope they're adding more than 4 characters. 5 was already a pain in the ass in Vermintide if you played with friends who mained the same characters...
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I hope they're adding more than 4 characters. 5 was already a pain in the ass in Vermintide if you played with friends who mained the same characters...
    Quality over Quantity, i rather have one soldier than 3 with slightly different skins, same for psykers and so on. Character background matters for me in such games.

It is a game heavily based on setting and not a shooter like CSgo or rainbow six.

Or another way to look it at i rather have 6 friends contesting over 3 characters than all of them being rather lukewarm for most of them.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Quality over Quantity, i rather have one soldier than 3 with slightly different skins, same for psykers and so on. Character background matters for me in such games.

It is a game heavily based on setting and not a shooter like CSgo or rainbow six.

Or another way to look it at i rather have 6 friends contesting over 3 characters than all of them being rather lukewarm for most of them.
    Eh, it's a game first and foremost and they reduced the banter significantly in Vermintide 2 compared to the first game. Sure, character background is important but not at the expense of gameplay. This is a coop game and it's not fun if you play with 3 friends and someone is forced to play a character they don't like. It just feels shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we aren't actually getting it this year. I'm willing to wait.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Eh, it's a game first and foremost and they reduced the banter significantly in Vermintide 2 compared to the first game. Sure, character background is important but not at the expense of gameplay. This is a coop game and it's not fun if you play with 3 friends and someone is forced to play a character they don't like. It just feels shit.
    They did? I've picked it up again recently to play through the chaos waste and redo most of the old stuff with my friends and I can't even remotely agree to this.

Not sure how to fix the problem with the characters though.
    Adding more of the same is horrible for gameplay too.

Having 4 Krubers in Vermintide would just suck for example and having 20 guys to pick from that don't interact with each other in any way is also boring.
    Getting to be a Grail Knight as Kruber and call Saltzpyre a peasant after like 3 years is already half the fun I wanted and needed out of that DLC for example.

I do hope it's more than 4 too though. 5 is the bare minimum (so that the last guy can at least pick between 2 - getting to "pick" is very important, from because the human brain just works that way) and 6-7 would be nice.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-06-04 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    They did? I've picked it up again recently to play through the chaos waste and redo most of the old stuff with my friends and I can't even remotely agree to this.

Not sure how to fix the problem with the characters though.
    Adding more of the same is horrible for gameplay too.

Having 4 Krubers in Vermintide would just suck for example and having 20 guys to pick from that don't interact with each other in any way is also boring.
    Getting to be a Grail Knight as Kruber and call Saltzpyre a peasant after like 3 years is already half the fun I wanted and needed out of that DLC for example.

I do hope it's more than 4 too though. 5 is the bare minimum (so that the last guy can at least pick between 2 - getting to "pick" is very important, from because the human brain just works that way) and 6-7 would be nice.
    In regards to the dialogue stuff: If you've played both games for a while, you'll notice VT2 is much more repetitive, the lines are shorter and it also gets interrupted constantly. You can also just look up some of the dialogue compilations on YouTube. I've heard that this might be due to the fact that VT2 has a different writer.

Also no one is asking for 4 Krubers. I just want some choice when I play 4 player coop.

Been a while since this game was on anyones radar.

Yay.

After having played GTFO for the longest time with my friends (awesome game worth every single penny btw), this will be the "easier", more action focused game of the same kind.

I can't wait.

2022 was already full with good games and it only seems to get better.

Gameplay looks very meaty, cant wait for this one. Dan abnett is also onboard for the story bits but i do wonder how much of a story it will have.

- - - Updated - - -

Well aslong as the party banter is as good as vermintide im happy.

I would love more gameplay trailers, to be honest, though they have a lot of time still until release to get the media hype up.
    If the game has similar OST to the one from this trailer - immediate plus.
    P.S.
    Did that seniorish looking guardsmen tried to pick a fight with someone having shoulder pads marked with Inquisition's sign aka obvious auxilary to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I would love more gameplay trailers, to be honest, though they have a lot of time still until release to get the media hype up.
    If the game has similar OST to the one from this trailer - immediate plus.
    P.S.
    Did that seniorish looking guardsmen tried to pick a fight with someone having shoulder pads marked with Inquisition's sign aka obvious auxilary to them?
    He has the same sign.
    In fact, it seems basically everyone in that..."pub" has it.
    Last edited by DodgeHellcat; 2022-04-01 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well aslong as the party banter is as good as vermintide im happy.
    To be honest, that release trailer didn't really do a good job of showcasing Darktide's witty banter, considering only two characters talked and neither of them said anything particularly interesting.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeHellcat View Post
    He has the same sign.
    In fact, it seems basically everyone in that..."pub" has it.
    I... am blind. You are right, everyone is from a retinue there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    To be honest, that release trailer didn't really do a good job of showcasing Darktide's witty banter, considering only two characters talked and neither of them said anything particularly interesting.
    Oi ...

Darktide will have a playable psyker class
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/darktide-...-psyker-class/

Think most people knew or had a feeling about that but still awesome to have it confirmed. Only a couple months left now.

- - - Updated - - -

Edge magazine also had a big article on the game with new info and images but cant find a direct link only reddit posts, will check when home from work. But apparently they have already added 75.000 voiceover lines with more being added
    so party banter will be there plenty in all its glory and something about custom characters too.

Oh and squats are back in the lore now but called the league of votann and seem pretty awesome able to engineer/clone souls among other things and they have intact stc's or a network of them, so would be pretty awesome if we could play as one later on.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-05-25 at 12:35 PM.

Oh shit, I've been sleeping on this one. Fatshark making a 40K version of Vermintide with guns and shit? Hell yeah.

Hopefully it's more like Vermintide in terms of difficulty and not like...whatever the other 40K L4D style game was like. Tried that and it felt way to punishingly difficult for my taste.

Dug up the older gameplay trailer and melee looks fun and chunky, complete with chainsaw blades. Guns look like they'll be pretty fun too and with some decent variety.

I guess you can actually make your own character this time vs. playing a pre-existing one?

Sign me the fuck up for all this shit.