Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

SL Beta: No Hope for Feral, again?

Looking at the changes to Feral in Beta has me seriously concerned. Every report seems to be "the spec is worse". It's worse...it's already a mess on live. Man, I just don't get it.

feral's been stuck in the past for a long time.. the game's moved on from that design long ago and they kind of just forgot about it or just didn't know how to bring it in line with modern wow.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

So long as rogue and dh exist your dawn will never raise again thankfully.

Its a shame they dont EVEN give a slight attention to ferals or Shadow priest...
    Shadow priest/Feral/other spec issues Has been here for OVER 4 years
    How none of them has been fixed is a shame...
    Just if they dedicate 1 hour and look in the forums for its issues/feedback etc it dont even need much effort

They dont even band-aid fix it...

Here is some suggestions to make it viable

1) Baseline innervate
    2) Baseline group buff for crit like 3% crit increase
    3) fix ramp up issues. Make shred/swipe consume some time from rip/thrash to deal its dmg instantly
    4) we need more cc in arena, let hibernate work on all and only for feral , a sleep effect for 6sec
    5) make some fun talents, delete some X% dmg increase etc

I wish they would move away from all the bleed emphasis and go for more bigger bustier hits, cats go for the throat and take their prey down with extreme prejudice they don't fucking bleed them to death, they do not fuck around and they are strong, very strong lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I wish they would move away from all the bleed emphasis and go for more bigger bustier hits, cats go for the throat and take their prey down with extreme prejudice they don't fucking bleed them to death, they do not fuck around and they are strong, very strong lol.
    Yeah, even the fantasy of feral doesn't really mesh well with the gameplay. But the underlying issue is probably the fact that feral is a discount rogue and they already have a hard time to make 3 distinct specs there. Coming up with one for a kitty that doesn't heavily borrow from rogues isn't easy for blizzard apparently and alot of ferals seem to be proud of th high skill reuqirement for the class, well at least they say so .

Druid forms have a lot of conceptual issues in WoW anyway. The sheer fact that it took them 12 years to finally release a proper set of new skins that reflect your pregression and since then hasn't happned again in the last 3 is only one of them. Guardian's niche is also a constant up and down.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's so weird that the Class designers are ok with leaving some specs poorly designed and in doing so, some part of the player base, screwed and pissed.
    You'd think Shadowlands has a shoestring budget. This is a billion dollar company producing, Indie game company results.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2020-07-23 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    It's so weird that the Class designers are ok with leaving so specs and in doing so, some part of the player base, screwed and pissed.
    You'd think Shadowlands has a shoestring budget. This is a billion dollar company producing, Indie game company results.
    Idk what class designers do... we wait 2 years and get minimal changes that takes like 1 week work

Its like there is no class designers at all...

All the ideas for fixes are already suggested by the community making it easier for them

They dont even band-aid fix , like feral is 20% worse? They dont even do a 5% dmg increase or anything...
    Its really weird, and not beleivable for a game with 500-800 workers

assuming some of the posters stuck to their broken spec for years now, I don't see any need to fix the spec as the money keeps flowing nevertheless

Actually all of Ion's actions regarding Shadowlands says "the money isn't flowing".

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral's main issue has always been and shall always be Rip.

24 sec dot as the main 5 combo point finisher. That's way too much time required for full damage. Therefore feral will always come out short in quicker combat scenarios or be extremely overpowered in single target boss fights. It has been the former for 99,99% of time in wow's history.

Removing Rip would make the spec flow a lot better. Combo point builder dots are fine, dot as a finisher is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too many Ferals are asking for useless shit like getting Mangle back and making Savage Roar baseline. Stuff that literally makes Feral less viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Feral's main issue has always been and shall always be Rip.

24 sec dot as the main 5 combo point finisher. That's way too much time required for full damage. Therefore feral will always come out short in quicker combat scenarios or be extremely overpowered in single target boss fights. It has been the former for 99,99% of time in wow's history.

Removing Rip would make the spec flow a lot better. Combo point builder dots are fine, dot as a finisher is not.
    Assassination rogues have a dot as a finisher as well and are pretty good at dungeons where mobs die quickly. Actually 2 if you take crimson tempest. I think there are ways to fix that problem without removing rip which is essentially Rupture.

No hope for over 50% of the specs. We still need a total talent overhaul.

When BFA launched to 8.1 feral got buffed like raw 25% + amazing primal wrath talent, we were so behind.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, even the fantasy of feral doesn't really mesh well with the gameplay. But the underlying issue is probably the fact that feral is a discount rogue and they already have a hard time to make 3 distinct specs there. Coming up with one for a kitty that doesn't heavily borrow from rogues isn't easy for blizzard apparently and alot of ferals seem to be proud of th high skill reuqirement for the class, well at least they say so .

Druid forms have a lot of conceptual issues in WoW anyway. The sheer fact that it took them 12 years to finally release a proper set of new skins that reflect your pregression and since then hasn't happned again in the last 3 is only one of them. Guardian's niche is also a constant up and down.
    I think they should scrap 5 combo points for 3 and rename them something for flavor like Instinct points, then rearrange the rotation for 3 points for the finishers. Make a passive that stacks every time you spend Instinct that gives you haste and crit. Just something simple like that would make it feel better and play better with less ramp time. Also you could have it so when you are out of combat and go into stealth you gain 3 instinct instantly.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-07-23 at 10:44 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    No hope for over 50% of the specs. We still need a total talent overhaul.
    We don't.

Feral needs love though.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    We don't.

Feral needs love though.
    Yeah. We do. Nothing has changed from BfA. You will still use the exact same talents you did for the last two fucking years.

Way too many rows with "mandatory" choices or abilities that used to be baseline.

Two years without a single tuning pass on talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Assassination rogues have a dot as a finisher as well and are pretty good at dungeons where mobs die quickly. Actually 2 if you take crimson tempest. I think there are ways to fix that problem without removing rip which is essentially Rupture.
    Well Rip is more essential to feral's damage than Rupture for assa. Also, mutilate 2cp 50energy vs shred 1cp 40 energy - assa generates cp's faster. Not to mention Fan of Knives cp generation....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's desire to make Bloodtalons fun has put a stranglehold on the spec.