Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That doesn’t make sense, because you can only become an engineer by being a warrior or mage first. Tony Stark is ONLY an inventor. The Tinker hero, Mekkatorque and Blackfuse are ONLY inventors.
    This is bullshit you're making up that has no basis in the lore.

    That’s literally the only thing adventurers do.
    And city guards. And bodyguards. And the military.

    A different type of engineer than the profession variety.
    Another bullshit you're making up that has no basis in lore.

    I envision the Tinker as a translation of the WC3 hero, just like all previous expansion classes have been.
    It doesn't change the fact that the tinker class does not exist in the World of Warcraft game, so anything you say about the class in WoW is nothing but fanon.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Don’t know but gnomes deserve their own expansion.
    Do you want the game to lose even more subscribers?

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker is Tony Stark/Iron Man, a character with super-human inventing abilities. Their devices put them on par with powerful physical fighters (Captain America) and magicians (Thor). The Engineer is a hobbyist, someone who picks up a book and makes trinkets and toys to sell to people to make some extra coin. Kind of like Bob Villa.
    Engineers create mechs, portal devices, weapons of war, and a ton of other stuff.

    Also why do you constantly lump all tech abilities into tinkers and yet deny engineering stuff?

    Actual lore trumps gameplay which is why "real" Azeroth is much more massive than it is in game. Just because the gameplay for an engineer is different than an all tech skill tinker that you constantly create in your head doesn't mean that lorewise they are any different.

    Also Gazlowe has never been referenced as a Tinker in WoW so stop trying to use him as an example.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-07-26 at 08:35 PM.

  4. #424
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Tony Stark invented a broad range of inventions applicable to both combat and every-day utility. He wasn't just using them for the sake of combat.
    Yeah, wrong. Tony Stark initially built weapons for the military, then he built the Iron Man suit which was for all intents and purposes, the ultimate weapon. Later he worked towards using the Iron Man tech to protect the planet and from that view he began to build utility and other stuff.

    However, that all grew from inventing weapons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is bullshit you're making up that has no basis in the lore.
    You mean other than the fact that that's exactly how professions are structured in WoW? You can't just become an engineer, you need to be a class first. You can also dump the profession at any point and it won't effect your character. You believing that its anything more than that is simply your head canon.


    And city guards. And bodyguards. And the military.
    Those aren't adventurers though. It's like saying that cops and the army are the same as the Avengers.


    Another bullshit you're making up that has no basis in lore.
    Except for the fact that the Tinker hero was clearly lore-based, and his abilities are lore based, but none of those abilities exist in engineering. Also it's obvious that Mekkatorque, Blackfuse, and Gazlowe are utilizing technology far beyond what's available in the profession. So yes, there is basis for it in lore.

    It doesn't change the fact that the tinker class does not exist in the World of Warcraft game, so anything you say about the class in WoW is nothing but fanon.
    Forget the semantics. The question is this; Is there an class of adventurer that is utilizing nothing but technology? The answer is obviously yes, and the profession doesn't give you access to that, mainly because it wasn't meant to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Engineers create mechs, portal devices, weapons of war, and a ton of other stuff.
    Engineers don't create anything. They build devices from schematics and blueprints. Tinkers actually invent their devices.

    Also why do you constantly lump all tech abilities into tinkers and yet deny engineering stuff?
    Because there are no abilities within the engineering profession.

    Actual lore trumps gameplay which is why "real" Azeroth is much more massive than it is in game. Just because the gameplay for an engineer is different than an all tech skill tinker that you constantly create in your head doesn't mean that lorewise they are any different.
    Gameplay also trumps head canon. The game makes it pretty clear that there's a difference between what profession engineers can do, and what individuals like Mekkatorque can do. Further I didn't create anything in my head. The entire Tinker concept that I talk about comes from Blizzard.

    Also Gazlowe has never been referenced as a Tinker in WoW so stop trying to use him as an example.
    He's referenced as a Tinker in HotS, and he had those abilities in WoW. If he has Tinker abilities, then he's obviously a Tinker. WoW not smashing you over the head and calling him a Tinker doesn't change that.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean other than the fact that that's exactly how professions are structured in WoW?
    And, once again, you return to your original fallacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're talking gameplay, and treating it as if it is lore. There has absolutely zero distinctions between the two in the lore.

    Those aren't adventurers though. It's like saying that cops and the army are the same as the Avengers.
    But they do "punch monsters in the face". And the military is comprised of mages, warriors, paladins, warlocks, etc... who just aren't too different from the player character.

    Except for the fact that the Tinker hero was clearly lore-based,
    So is the necromancer, the bard, and many other fan-made concepts around.

    and his abilities are lore based, but none of those abilities exist in engineering.
    It's not about abilities, Teriz. It's the concept.

    Also it's obvious that Mekkatorque, Blackfuse, and Gazlowe are utilizing technology far beyond what's available in the profession. So yes, there is basis for it in lore.
    Same as above. And also: when did Gazlowe use "technology far beyond what's available in the profession"?

    Forget the semantics.
    It's not semantics.

    The question is this; Is there an class of adventurer that is utilizing nothing but technology?
    The question is wholly irrelevant for class design, since many classes share themes.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  6. #426
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And, once again, you return to your original fallacy:
    Do you have any lore from Blizzard that states that professions and classes are the same?

    But they do "punch monsters in the face". And the military is comprised of mages, warriors, paladins, warlocks, etc... who just aren't too different from the player character.
    You mean they're several levels weaker than the player character. The player character Mage and/or Paladin is supposedly quite a bit more powerful than a standard mage or Paladin. Remember, in Legion they were made the leaders of their classes.

    So is the necromancer, the bard, and many other fan-made concepts around.
    Except there are no known Necromancer or Bard heroes. There were some reputable Necromancers, but they're dead. There are quite a few known "Tinker" heroes in WoW though.


    It's not about abilities, Teriz. It's the concept.
    And the concept around those abilities are clearly not for selling in an auction house. Those abilities are designed to perform class roles.

    Same as above. And also: when did Gazlowe use "technology far beyond what's available in the profession"?
    During the Legion invasion when he defended Durator piloting a mech, and during the Island Expedition.

    It's not semantics.
    That's exactly what it is, and the fact that you can't answer the question I asked speaks volumes.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are being ridiculous. It's a trolling thread to begin with. Most people are sick of these petty forum wars you guys insist on engaging in and don't want any part of it.
    Also, your point holds no water. It seems difficult to grasp but a new class doesn't need to appeal to all. Can we agree on that and stop the stubburness and spite wars? It's ok to like different things.
    Ive only had what, 5-6 post on this thread? How many does the other guy have?

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    Engineers don't create anything. They build devices from schematics and blueprints. Tinkers actually invent their devices.
    You mean every mech jockey in the world of warcraft invents all of the stuffs he's using? You really think so? And i wonder, how many possible energy sources are there to be invented? Can we only have 127 tinkers in existence, because anyone after that can't invent his own gear? Do every one of them invents "new" things that go boom?

    Ah, i know, they give it a new, memeworthy name which doubles either as a slippery joke or a pun so low it creates headaches and voila, "new" gadget.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  9. #429
    I don't like the tech/steampunkish side of WoW and I wouldn't like an excuse to see even more of it, to be honest.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    A vast majority no doubt loathe the idea, but not everyone. I'm in the latter. Tinkerer, Machinist, Engineer - call it what you will. It could be a fantastic addition to WoW.

    That being said, it would have to be done right. One slip up and the fickle mob, aka the community, would have a fit. Monks fitted MoP because of the Pandaren culture, and Demon Hunters fitted Legion because it came time to fight fire with fire. Depending on what happens after Shadowlands, that could be the time to introduce a new class.

    But only time will tell. And HE is watching from beyond the veil. Damaged, but rebuilding.
    This was the expansion that a new class was due in, and it would have been perfect for a necromancer, yet we get nothing but some old niche abilities back that still no one will use bloating our bars.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Do you have any lore from Blizzard that states that professions and classes are the same?
    Teriz, for the love of whatever you hold holy: it's basic logic! "Class" and "profession" are just gameplay terms. At no point in the lore has any distinction between "class" and "profession" been shown. In lore, no one has ever been praised for their "tinkering skills", always their engineering skills.

    And as for you? The only piece of evidence you have that the two aren't the same? It's a game mechanic. Which makes that evidence null and void when we're discussing lore.

    You mean they're several levels weaker than the player character. The player character Mage and/or Paladin is supposedly quite a bit more powerful than a standard mage or Paladin. Remember, in Legion they were made the leaders of their classes.
    It doesn't make them any less of a paladin/mage/shaman/whatever. And if they are really several levels weaker than the player character, why don't you go into the Battle of Dazar'alor instance and try to solo the paladins, mages, shamans, etc, that exist within that instance. I bet you won't be able to get past the paladin guarding the entrance to the docks... much less the mage and monk that guard the stairs up to the troll city proper...

    Except there are no known Necromancer or Bard heroes. There were some reputable Necromancers, but they're dead.
    There were no known monk heroes, either. Also: Illidan was dead. But we still got monks and demon hunters.

    And the concept around those abilities
    Teriz. Concepts don't come from abilities. It's the other way around: abilities come from concepts.

    During the Legion invasion when he defended Durator piloting a mech, and during the Island Expedition.
    "Piloting a mech" is small potatoes. Anyone can do that.

    That's exactly what it is, and the fact that you can't answer the question I asked speaks volumes.
    If you think that's semantics, then you don't know what "semantics" are, Teriz. And as for your question, I don't have to answer it because, again, it's wholly inconsequential and meaningless. We have two classes that deal heavily with Light, one of them completely about the Light. We have two classes that deal heavily with demons, both of them completely about demons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You mean every mech jockey in the world of warcraft invents all of the stuffs he's using? You really think so? And i wonder, how many possible energy sources are there to be invented? Can we only have 127 tinkers in existence, because anyone after that can't invent his own gear? Do every one of them invents "new" things that go boom?

    Ah, i know, they give it a new, memeworthy name which doubles either as a slippery joke or a pun so low it creates headaches and voila, "new" gadget.
    He's also forgetting how engineers literally invent since a good number (if not most) of the entries in the 'Tinkering' section of engineering are learned through invention. Likewise, when we craft a "rank 1" of the engineering helms here in BfA, you "invent" the rank 2 of that piece of gear... and then again, you 'invent' the rank 3 when you craft the upgraded version.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There were some reputable Necromancers, but they're dead.
    Ah yes, they got a prestige class upgrade.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  13. #433
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You mean every mech jockey in the world of warcraft invents all of the stuffs he's using? You really think so? And i wonder, how many possible energy sources are there to be invented? Can we only have 127 tinkers in existence, because anyone after that can't invent his own gear? Do every one of them invents "new" things that go boom?
    Mekkatorque is an inventor, Blackfuse was an inventor, and Gazlowe is theorized to be an inventor. Further, the Tinker hero from WC3 is mentioned to be an inventor as well. "Tinker" in Gnome appears to mean inventor as well, since Mekkatorque became "High Tinker" due to his inventive skills.

    Obviously gameplay wise there can be multiple playable Tinkers, and they will have the same abilities, despite the lore saying that those devices are the Tinker's inventions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Teriz, for the love of whatever you hold holy: it's basic logic! "Class" and "profession" are just gameplay terms. At no point in the lore has any distinction between "class" and "profession" been shown. In lore, no one has ever been praised for their "tinkering skills", always their engineering skills.

    And as for you? The only piece of evidence you have that the two aren't the same? It's a game mechanic. Which makes that evidence null and void when we're discussing lore.
    Here's what Blizzard says about Professions;

    Professions
    Your character can learn a profession like blacksmithing, tailoring, engineering, and many more. Professions let you collect resources on your travels and use them to craft items. Blacksmiths, for example, can craft weapons and armor; alchemists brew potions and tinctures; engineers build amazing gadgets and devices and so on. Professions are also an excellent way to make gold by selling items you craft to other players.
    Here's what Blizzard says about Classes;

    Creating a Hero
    When you enter the game for the first time, you will need to create a character for yourself. This will be your avatar in World of Warcraft. First, you must choose a race (which determines what your character looks like) and then a class (which determines what your character can do). You can pick whatever looks and feels best to you.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...-players-guide


    And here's another one (From Wowpedia)

    Class:
    A class is the primary adventuring style of a player character. A character's class determines the abilities, powers, skills, and spells they will gain throughout their adventures, and consequently the styles of play available to the character. It determines the types of weapons and armor they can use, which attributes they will value (and how those attributes function), as well as what combat roles the character is suitable for. Class also reflects a significant choice of path for a character: whether they have chosen to pursue the dark arts of the warlock or the Holy Light of the paladin; the bloody honor of the warrior or the arcane knowledge of the mage.
    And

    Profession:
    A profession is a trade-oriented set of skills that player characters may learn and incrementally advance in order to gather, make, or enhance items that can be used in World of Warcraft gameplay. In essence, professions are 'jobs' characters may have. Professions are learned and improved via a trainer for a nominal fee, or sometimes advanced with special recipes. Any profession can be learned regardless of a character's faction, race, or class, although some racial traits provide bonuses to a particular profession. For example, gnomes have [Engineering Specialization] which may aid them if taking up the Engineering profession.
    In short, your class is what your character can do. Professions are just an optional thing you can do to make gold.

    If you have lore that contradicts this, please produce it. If you don't (and we both know that you don't), then your view here is nothing but head canon, because the gameplay supports these quotes.


    It doesn't make them any less of a paladin/mage/shaman/whatever. And if they are really several levels weaker than the player character, why don't you go into the Battle of Dazar'alor instance and try to solo the paladins, mages, shamans, etc, that exist within that instance. I bet you won't be able to get past the paladin guarding the entrance to the docks... much less the mage and monk that guard the stairs up to the troll city proper...
    Which is simply a gameplay convention to give the player a challenge. In lore it is doubtful that the former Highlord of the Paladin class, the former welder of Ashbringer, and the Champion of the Alliance/Horde would get beaten by a generic Paladin.

    There were no known monk heroes, either. Also: Illidan was dead. But we still got monks and demon hunters.
    Chen Stormstout.

    Teriz. Concepts don't come from abilities. It's the other way around: abilities come from concepts.
    More semantic nonsense. The point is that the abilities used by the Tinker are obviously not for selling items to other players.


    "Piloting a mech" is small potatoes. Anyone can do that.
    Designing, building, and piloting your own mech isn't small potatoes though.


    If you think that's semantics, then you don't know what "semantics" are, Teriz
    Saying that an engineer and a tinker are the same thing and purposely ignoring their differences because they are synonyms in the English language is semantics. And of course I'm not surprise that you choose to avoid my question.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-07-27 at 12:10 AM.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Here's what Blizzard says about Professions;

    Here's what Blizzard says about Classes;

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...-players-guide

    And here's another one (From Wowpedia)

    And

    In short, your class is what your character can do. Professions are just an optional thing you can do to make gold.
    In short, you have a whole lot of meaningless bullshit there, because, again, it's a player's guide, meaning it talks about game mechanics and game features, and NOT the lore of the game. For fuck's sake, look at the wording:

    "Your character can learn a profession like blacksmithing, tailoring, engineering, and many more. Professions let you collect resources on your travels and use them to craft items. Blacksmiths, for example, can craft weapons and armor; alchemists brew potions and tinctures; engineers build amazing gadgets and devices and so on. Professions are also an excellent way to make gold by selling items you craft to other players."

    "Creating a Hero
    When you enter the game for the first time, you will need to create a character for yourself. This will be your avatar in World of Warcraft. First, you must choose a race (which determines what your character looks like) and then a class (which determines what your character can do). You can pick whatever looks and feels best to you."


    "Class:
    A class is the primary adventuring style of a player character. A character's class determines the abilities, powers, skills, and spells they will gain throughout their adventures, and consequently the styles of play available to the character. It determines the types of weapons and armor they can use, which attributes they will value (and how those attributes function), as well as what combat roles the character is suitable for. Class also reflects a significant choice of path for a character: whether they have chosen to pursue the dark arts of the warlock or the Holy Light of the paladin; the bloody honor of the warrior or the arcane knowledge of the mage."


    "Profession:
    A profession is a trade-oriented set of skills that player characters may learn and incrementally advance in order to gather, make, or enhance items that can be used in World of Warcraft gameplay. In essence, professions are 'jobs' characters may have. Professions are learned and improved via a trainer for a nominal fee, or sometimes advanced with special recipes. Any profession can be learned regardless of a character's faction, race, or class, although some racial traits provide bonuses to a particular profession. For example, gnomes have [Engineering Specialization] which may aid them if taking up the Engineering profession."


    All your examples? They're talking about gameplay and NOT lore.

    Which is simply a gameplay convention to give the player a challenge.
    Ah, so that is a "gameplay convention"? Funny how all the gameplay and game features that go against your narrative are just "gameplay conventions", but when they benefit your narrative, then it's "gameplay=lore".

    "Rules for thee but not for me", eh? Such dishonesty...

    Chen Stormstout.
    Chen Stormstout was never a monk in the lore until the Mists of Pandaria expansion was created. He was made into a monk when the expansion was developed.

    More semantic nonsense.
    That is not what semantics mean, Teriz. You are making a claim that goes backwards in terms of design. Abilities come from concepts, not the other way around.

    The point is that the abilities used by the Tinker are obviously not for selling items to other players.
    And your point is meaningless because you're once again taking gameplay and treating it as lore, and also because this NPC, this NPC, this NPC and this NPC prove you're wrong: they're tinkers... who sell items.

    Designing, building, and piloting your own mech isn't small potatoes though.
    Can you prove Gazlowe built his mech, and didn't just commission it, like Gallywix?

    Saying that an engineer and a tinker are the same thing and purposely ignoring their differences because they are synonyms in the English language is semantics.
    Except I haven't claimed that, now have I? I said that the two are the same because the lore shows them to be the same. Nothing in the lore says that an engineer can't do the stuff tinkers do, and nothing in the lore says that tinkers can't do what the engineers do. And on top of that, tinkers are praised for their engineering skill, and there isn't a single event in the lore (to my knowledge, feel free to prove me wrong) of a tinker being praised for their tinkering skills.

    And of course I'm not surprise that you choose to avoid my question.
    As for your meaningless question, I've already explained why your question is not relevant.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  15. #435
    Bloodsail Admiral Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,009
    Tech based classes are cool, which means I would like Tinker.


    However people want the class to get the DH treatment except with the two most unappealing races in the game (Gnome/Goblin.)



    As a result I'd rather them not waste a class slot on that.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, wrong. Tony Stark initially built weapons for the military, then he built the Iron Man suit which was for all intents and purposes, the ultimate weapon. Later he worked towards using the Iron Man tech to protect the planet and from that view he began to build utility and other stuff.

    However, that all grew from inventing weapons.
    Yes, and gnomes and goblins started their tech through weapons manufacturing during Warcraft 2.

    Now they have branched it out to many non-lethal and utility based inventions like Deeprun Tram, Mechanostriders, non-combat mech suits and fancy stat boost goggles.

    Tinkers on the other hand solely weaponize all their inventions.

  17. #437
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In short, you have a whole lot of meaningless bullshit there, because, again, it's a player's guide, meaning it talks about game mechanics and game features, and NOT the lore of the game. For fuck's sake, look at the wording:


    All your examples? They're talking about gameplay and NOT lore.
    And unless otherwise stated, gameplay is lore. So yes, lorewise classes and professions aren't the same thing. Gameplay bears out that difference perfectly.

    Again, I'm waiting for you to provide some lore to counter what we see in gameplay.


    Ah, so that is a "gameplay convention"? Funny how all the gameplay and game features that go against your narrative are just "gameplay conventions", but when they benefit your narrative, then it's "gameplay=lore".
    Yes, because we have LORE to counter the gameplay convention.

    Chen Stormstout was never a monk in the lore until the Mists of Pandaria expansion was created. He was made into a monk when the expansion was developed.
    Which means that he was retroactively made into a Monk hero.


    That is not what semantics mean, Teriz. You are making a claim that goes backwards in terms of design. Abilities come from concepts, not the other way around.
    You're picking apart the meaning of words when we're reaching the same conclusion. That's semantics.


    And your point is meaningless because you're once again taking gameplay and treating it as lore, and also because this NPC, this NPC, this NPC and this NPC prove you're wrong: they're tinkers... who sell items.
    And we have Paladins, Mages, Warriors, Shaman, etc. that sell items too. What's your point?

    Can you prove Gazlowe built his mech, and didn't just commission it, like Gallywix?
    Like I said, its unclear whether or not Gazlowe built his mech, but Mekkatorque and Blackfuse did. More than likely given the way Blizzard is pushing his character, it will be established that he built his own mech in the very near future.


    Except I haven't claimed that, now have I? I said that the two are the same because the lore shows them to be the same. Nothing in the lore says that an engineer can't do the stuff tinkers do, and nothing in the lore says that tinkers can't do what the engineers do. And on top of that, tinkers are praised for their engineering skill, and there isn't a single event in the lore (to my knowledge, feel free to prove me wrong) of a tinker being praised for their tinkering skills.
    The lore is the gameplay. The game itself shows a dramatic difference between Classes and Professions. Also the profession possesses none of the Tinker's abilities from WC3 or HotS. Again, until you can provide lore that contradicts the gameplay, you believing they are the same is nothing more than your head canon.

    Also Mekkatorque is praised for his Tinkering skills, which is why he's promoted to High Tinker. The Gnome capital is called Tinker town and New Tinker Town. The throne room of Gnomeregan is called "The Tinker's Court". The inner sanctum of Mechagon is called The Tinkertory. There's also the Tinker's Union in Undermine. There's also the Tinker hero from WC3 which is considered canon.

    As for your meaningless question, I've already explained why your question is not relevant.
    Sure you did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, and gnomes and goblins started their tech through weapons manufacturing during Warcraft 2.

    Now they have branched it out to many non-lethal and utility based inventions like Deeprun Tram, Mechanostriders, non-combat mech suits and fancy stat boost goggles.

    Tinkers on the other hand solely weaponize all their inventions.
    In the final analysis all of this is pretty meaningless. The real question that should be asked is this; Does the profession fulfill the fantasy of the Tinker (or whatever you wish to call the tech class)? If the answer is no, then lore and semantics are meaningless, because we have hole in the class lineup, and we have a related hero unit from WC3 (and HotS) with open abilities. Blizzard can bend, add, or break lore to bring the class into the game.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-07-27 at 02:07 AM.

  18. #438
    1.) Engineering profession already exists for all classes.
    2.) They don't explicitly exist in the lore, past or present.
    3.) The gameplay would be an instant meme.
    4.) Having Tinkerers doesn't really add anything to the mythos of the game into the future. Deathknights got a whisper of relevance in Legion and are only just now relevant again in Shadowlands after 10 years. (Monks have been irrelevant since MoP, DHs since Legion...)
    5.) Presumably limited to Goblins and Gnomes; Alliance advantage.

    The only pro that I see would be the possibility of adding two or more ranged specs to the game, which is something the game desperately needs. RANGED DPS PLAYERS HAVE NOT HAD A NEW CLASS SINCE VANILLA BLIZZARD.

    My vote instead of Tinkerer?
    1.) Spell Breaker (Belf) / Battle Mage (Voids) - Mails armor, ranged via thrown glaives, animated weapons, wands and staves depending on spec. Possible tank spec with shields, possible healing spec with buffs, spell steals and spell building.
    2.) Necromancer - Post Shadowlands momentum, scourge related. Shadowlands could make the class viable if the expansion absolves the pariah state they currently are in along with being very few in number. (But like DHs in Legion, had discovered numbers through Legion, there's many necromancers in the Shadowlands.)
    3.) Chronomancer - just give me a time mage please. Could have a full bronze dragonflight - becomes mortal, choose your race theme. If you want the steam punk vibe, go heavy with the clock theme.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2020-07-27 at 02:43 AM.

  19. #439
    Brewmaster Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    1.) Engineering profession already exists for all classes.
    2.) They don't explicitly exist in the lore, past or present.
    3.) The gameplay would be an instant meme.
    4.) Having Tinkerers doesn't really add anything to the mythos of the game into the future. Deathknights got a whisper of relevance in Legion and are only just now relevant again in Shadowlands after 10 years. (Monks have been irrelevant since MoP, DHs since Legion...)
    5.) Presumably limited to Goblins and Gnomes; Alliance advantage.

    The only pro that I see would be the possibility of adding two or more ranged specs to the game, which is something the game desperately needs. RANGED DPS PLAYERS HAVE NOT HAD A NEW CLASS SINCE VANILLA BLIZZARD.
    True. This game could use another ranged dps caster

    I'm a thread killer
    Everyone asks 'who's Bwonsamdi?' But no one ever asks 'HOW'S Bwonsamdi?'...

  20. #440
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    1.) Engineering profession already exists for all classes.
    2.) They don't explicitly exist in the lore, past or present.
    3.) The gameplay would be an instant meme.
    4.) Having Tinkerers doesn't really add anything to the mythos of the game into the future. Deathknights got a whisper of relevance in Legion and are only just now relevant again in Shadowlands after 10 years. (Monks have been irrelevant since MoP, DHs since Legion...)
    5.) Presumably limited to Goblins and Gnomes; Alliance advantage.

    The only pro that I see would be the possibility of adding two or more ranged specs to the game, which is something the game desperately needs. RANGED DPS PLAYERS HAVE NOT HAD A NEW CLASS SINCE VANILLA BLIZZARD.
    Oh brother....

    1. A profession isn't a class.
    2. http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml
    3. In your opinion
    4. It would give Gnomes, Goblins, and Mechagnomes an actual class to play that matches their theme, and it would represent the steampunk side of Warcraft, which is ever apparent in the game world.
    5. And that wouldn't be the first time a class is lopsided towards a faction. However, you could always just make Vulpera Tinkers, and you have equal faction parity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •