Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    [...]A poster who says they don't care or don't want a new class is irrelevant to this conversation.
    care to explain why this is irrelevant to the poll?

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Like I said, I eagerly await the poll where the Tinker loses to another class option.

    I have a feeling that I'm going to be waiting for a long time.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Their other option would be to not participate in the poll at all. A poster who says they don't care or don't want a new class is irrelevant to this conversation.
    You do realize necromancer and other highly requested classes aren't in that poll you linked while final fantasy classes are?

    Also we are not talking about if tinkers are liked but why people dislike them. And the fact of the matter is many posters have said certain people are the reason they are starting to hate tinkers.

  3. #1023
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You do realize necromancer and other highly requested classes aren't in that poll you linked while final fantasy classes are?
    Which is fine, because Necromancers were in this one;

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...W-class-in-9-0

    And Dark Rangers beat them, and DRs were in this poll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    care to explain why this is irrelevant to the poll?
    It's like asking which color is better, Blue or Green and someone says I hate both those colors.

    Their opinion doesn't help with the question you're asking, thus it's irrelevant.

  4. #1024
    Did you just use transitive property on two different polls?

    By that logic, necromancer would be far more popular than tinkers because they got ~160 votes in this poll as where tinkers just got about 100 in another poll
    Last edited by Enter Name Here; 2020-08-03 at 04:17 PM.

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's like asking which color is better, Blue or Green and someone says I hate both those colors.

    Their opinion doesn't help with the question you're asking, thus it's irrelevant.
    No, it means the question itself is biased and therefore the results of the poll are biased and unusable except in an attempt to make an obviously biased argument.

    Their answer is valid.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is fine, because Necromancers were in this one;

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...W-class-in-9-0

    And Dark Rangers beat them, and DRs were in this poll.
    .
    Again that thread was about what the next class they think was going to be in 9.0 not what is the class they want. When you know there were several fake leaks that had dark rangers and tinkers in them. Do you not actually think anything out???


    Also stop derailing this thread.

  7. #1027
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Did you just use transitive property on two different polls?

    By that logic, necromancer would be far more popular than tinkers because they got ~160 votes in this poll as where tinkers just got about 100 in another poll
    Yeah, that isn't what I did. I was pointing out why someone who hates classes is worthless in a future class poll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Again that thread was about what the next class they think was going to be in 9.0 not what is the class they want. When you know there were several fake leaks that had dark rangers and tinkers in them. Do you not actually think anything out???
    So then why did Dark Rangers also lose badly in that poll? Again, the results weren't even close.

    Also stop derailing this thread.
    Actually this falls right in line with the topic of this thread. If the Tinker is supposedly hated, then that means that Dark Rangers, Necromancers, Bards, and other concepts are hated even more. Why is that if Tinker fans supposedly make people so angry with their activism?

  8. #1028
    Legendary! Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    6,776
    Tinker class sounds stupid and it's boring to read again and again how a small minority would like to see it implemented.

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, that isn't what I did. I was pointing out why someone who hates classes is worthless in a future class poll.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So then why did Dark Rangers also lose badly in that poll? Again, the results weren't even close.



    Actually this falls right in line with the topic of this thread. If the Tinker is supposedly hated, then that means that Dark Rangers, Necromancers, Bards, and other concepts are hated even more. Why is that if Tinker fans supposedly make people so angry with their activism?
    Because the biggest leak had tinkers and Mechagon and shit seemed to imply tinkers..... Please just stop dude you are the single most detriment to tinkers. Atleast the other tinker fans don't try to outright lie or misconstrue data.

    And no it doesn't fall in the topic of the thread nor does it matter if any other class is hated more thats not what the thread is about. This thread is asking why there is so much hate for tinkers.

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    If the theme went the 'goblin/gnome only route' it could simply better realize the already established engineering themes while filling in the rotational/mechanical gaps with modern gaming tropes. That's not to say that they couldn't allow other races, plenty of races have an already established relationship with tech in one form or another. If they chose to go that route they'd also have more creative license to add a broader range of tech themes to the class fantasy. Also, nothing in WoW suggests they couldn't reside within the same narrative space.
    The reality is Blizzard wouldn't bank on features or themes that are divisive and prone to criticism as much as Goblins and Gbomes have

    If it were really that simple as you say then Gnome and Goblin only Tinkers would already be playable well before Demon Hunters. It made perfect sense to add them over Demon Hunters if we consider the fun themes, the varied gameplay, there being no conflict of interest with existing classes, and definitely have 3 full specs of gameplay.

    I think Blizzards actions paint a very different picture here of what direction they choose to take the game, and popular concepts outrule what fans may consider mediocre.

    Look at WoD story decelopment. It was born out of Garrosh escaping and rallying Gnolls, Kobolds, Troggs and Centaurs into the Mongrel Horde. We have concept art for this idea. Then someone suggested the idea of bringing back famous Orc legendary warriors of the past, raising them from the dead. The team liked the idea of Garrosh rallying famous Orc chieftains and tribes, so they went with that. Then they changed the idea to involve alternate universe and timeline, which completely screws up the lore but it totally fits their concept of 'rule of cool' over things that make sense.

    I'd love for Tinkers to be added, I personally wouldn't mind them being exclusive to Gnomes and Goblins with lots of customization. I don't think Blizzard has that same interest in mind unfortunately, and my reasoning is if they did then we should very much see it by now and not keep getting dark-edgelord expansions one after another.

    With the way Shadowlands is progressing, it seems to move closer and closer to Old God shenanigans and incoming Void Lord involvement, not a side trip to Mechagon 2.0 to introduce Tinkers.

  11. #1031
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Because the biggest leak had tinkers and Mechagon and shit seemed to imply tinkers..... Please just stop dude you are the single most detriment to tinkers. Atleast the other tinker fans don't try to outright lie or misconstrue data.
    And well after the announcement of the next expansion, there was yet another class poll, and Dark Rangers again lost to Tinkers by a significant margin (just like they always do). I'm not lying or misconstruing any data; Every single future class poll on this site has the Tinker winning. I'm simply wondering why a concept that is so supposedly hated and maligned still winds up being the most popular class concept against classes that individuals like yourself would say aren't hated or maligned.

    And no it doesn't fall in the topic of the thread nor does it matter if any other class is hated more thats not what the thread is about. This thread is asking why there is so much hate for tinkers.
    Well then by all means, explain it, because if Tinkers are hated, that means that other class concepts are hated even MORE, and they don't have the supposed "problems" like overzealous fans, a "flood of threads" that people can't prove exists, or Gnome and Goblin issues.

    And that lends to the notion that maybe, just maybe there is a group of irrelevant people who simply hate the idea of new classes period.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-08-03 at 05:13 PM.

  12. #1032
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually this falls right in line with the topic of this thread. If the Tinker is supposedly hated, then that means that Dark Rangers, Necromancers, Bards, and other concepts are hated even more. Why is that if Tinker fans supposedly make people so angry with their activism?
    Actually the topic is why Tinkers are supposedly hated and the answer, according to the thread, is actually quite clear: Its craptastic posters like you so far up your own bums and smug with little in your heads but "Tinkers number 1!". You aren't a tinker fan, you're a tinker zealot and zealots are the worst kind of people.

    I'll take that infraction now.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  13. #1033
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    16,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Actually the topic is why Tinkers are supposedly hated and the answer, according to the thread, is actually quite clear: Its craptastic posters like you so far up your own bums and smug with little in your heads but "Tinkers number 1!". You aren't a tinker fan, you're a tinker zealot and zealots are the worst kind of people.

    I'll take that infraction now.
    Hey man, I'm just going by the polling.

    I don't know why that makes you so angry.

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So what's your argument? That the class threads have less diversity of opinion than Tinker threads? If so, why is that relevant?
    No. My argument is that it's always the same people voicing their support for tinkers. This thread alone was basically just you against, I think three or four people challenging your claims.

    Not a "big victory", simply another victory.

    Uh huh. Let me know when other classes start winning class polls.
    So you're just going to ignore the undeniable decline in popularity for the fan concept?

    As has been discussed in this thread multiple times, it seems like a vocal minority who have an issue with Tinkers.
    It's also been discussed that it's just a vocal minority who seems to like tinekrs.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  15. #1035
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    31,965
    I think thus thread has reached a impasse and is now just back and forth argument. There are other threads where this topic is being discussed more constructively as well. Closing this.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •