Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because people hate adding new things to the game. They are boring.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like most people are merely ambivalent to the idea of Tinkers, and would rather something they like more. Frankly if certain fans of Tinkers weren't so obnoxious about hijacking threads, it probably wouldn't be as hated.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Easy answer.

It is a damn terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The quote I was responding to was complaining about how redundant the DH class felt, not about class population.

They don’t want another melee class.
    Vocal minority. If you're not talking about class population and addressing what people want, then those people you're talking about aren't really putting their money where their mouth is.

I dont think its hate, its more of a feeling of annoyance from the countless "leak" threads that turned a good idea into a wet dream meme class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Vocal minority. If you're not talking about class population and addressing what people want, then those people you're talking about aren't really putting their money where their mouth is.
    Isn’t Hunter one of the most popular classes in the game?

The last three new classes have been melee, people want a new class with at least one ranged DPS. We have examples of Tinker characters in WoW not only using ranged abilities, but also requiring guns.

Isn’t Hunter one of the most popular classes in the game?
    It's one of the most popular classes in Classic right now. 3rd past Warrior and Mage.

The last three new classes have been melee, people want a new class with at least one ranged DPS.
    Which is why Class Skins would be way more effective than adding a Tinker class that's heavily based on War3 Tinker and Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe, which are primarily Melee characters.

You could have up to 6 new ranged classes all alongside a Tinker.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-07-24 at 06:39 PM.

Demon Hunters were profoundly redundant because their design space was occupied by Warlocks and Rogues. Add to this the fact that Demon Hunters took an ability from an existing class in order to be viable.

Monks also felt redundant because they were an agility based class that used energy and a resource similar to Rogues. It also didn't help that both of these classes were melee when the community wanted a ranged class.

The Tinker won't have that problem. They won't take abilities from existing classes like Demon Hunters did, and they're not another agility-based melee class. They'll be ranged and use a theme that's largely absent within the current class lineup.
    I agree with you that, thematically at least, tinkers won't have the inherent obsolescence associated with DH's (and to a lesser degree, monks). If we must have new classes, a ranged class would at least be a novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Necromancer = Unholy Death Knight (Army of the Dead)
    Dark Ranger = Marksman Hunter (Black Arrow)
    Spellbreaker and Warden = Demon Hunters... which incidentally can only be Night Elves and Blood Elves. (Imprison, Consume Magic, Blur)
    Not sure what a Spellsword is in Warcraft... I would have guessed they would be Spellbreakers.
    Like Priest=Paladin or Warlock=Demon Hunter?
    Marksman Hunters don't have Black Arrow as an ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I feel like most people are merely ambivalent to the idea of Tinkers, and would rather something they like more. Frankly if certain fans of Tinkers weren't so obnoxious about hijacking threads, it probably wouldn't be as hated.
    Basically this. I mean, I like Machinists in FF14 and I certainly would play a tinker if they use cool machines and the gameplay is fun and viable. But I am highly annoyed by the tinker fanbase, with certain parts of them excibiting highly entitled and authoritarian personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post

Basically this. I mean, I like Machinists in FF14 and I certainly would play a tinker if they use cool machines and the gameplay is fun and viable. But I am highly annoyed by the tinker fanbase, with certain parts of them excibiting highly entitled and authoritarian personalities.
    This. The last point 1000%. One sided discussions with the same 1/2 people storming into every tinker thread and making it all about themselves has worm thin for a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    1250% this. So much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Edgy shit SELLS!

Why do you think Monks are so unpopular? Old Kung-fu movies, words of wisdom, and a general whimsical theme, are not things that people enjoy these days.
    You cut me deep! lol. True edge does sell when it's done right and so do anything else if done right. I believe if they present a tinker class in the right way it would be cool....knowing blizz they will fail in a way to make it presentable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I agree with you that, thematically at least, tinkers won't have the inherent obsolescence associated with DH's (and to a lesser degree, monks). If we must have new classes, a ranged class would at least be a novelty.
    Yeah, I also think that players want a class that will compete with Hunters for ranged weapons. Fortunately there’s multiple Tinker characters in WoW that exhibit this concept.

Also I’m sure engineering users would appreciate another class purchasing crafted guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate tinkers, I just don't have faith in blizzard that they can make a cool class without ignoring every other class. WoW has 12 classes that are all engaging to play. Each time a new class is added, dk's, monks and DH's, cool, new, and unique abilities are reserved for them to differentiate them from the current classes. I'm not talking about the specifics of the ability, like what type of dmg it does, but more so mechanically. Blizzard tends to make the new class cool while sidelining existing classes, which is why I can't get on board with a new class.

Honestly, unless you've played all 36 specs, you don't really get to talk about what should be added or not. People need to play every spec before they can demand a new class because there are so many options out there already. It just reminds me of some spoiled brat when they constantly nag about wanting a new class, but only have 4-5 characters are max level. I have all 12 classes at max level and try to play them extensively, but I don't have the time to thoroughly do that. I've played about 25-26 specs this expansion and a lot of them are fun in their own ways. What annoys me is when people refuse to play a new class because they don't think it looks fun, yet they still demand a new class.

I'm more on board for a 4th spec for all current classes than for blizzard to implement a new class. Sure it's more work, but that way the preexisting classes get the attention they deserve and everyone would be happy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    You cut me deep! lol. True edge does sell when it's done right and so do anything else if done right. I believe if they present a tinker class in the right way it would be cool....knowing blizz they will fail in a way to make it presentable.
    I have to agree here.

THey kinda dug themselves in the hole when they decided to take the Steampunk aesthetic decided to make it more like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Not hating on the aesthetic, I think it works perfectly in games like Hearthstone where they really take it to the next level, and in some zones like Gnomer and Mechagon where the look is very unique to Warcraft. But when it comes to a class with that look in your face every time you play your character, I just think it's too much.

It's not going to be easy to make it cool or presentable as a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Like Priest=Paladin or Warlock=Demon Hunter?
    Marksman Hunters don't have Black Arrow as an ability.
    But they used to. It was such a terrible ability that they replaced it with a revised Serpent Sting.

If Blizzard wants to do Dark Rangers, just give MM Hunters back Black Arrow and give them Wailing Arrow from HotS.

Problem solved.

Not that i hate them, I've just never seen a version that makes sense. All the versions I've seen have basically been a gadget themed hunter for ranged, a cross between rogues and shamans for melee, I've never seen a healer spec that made sense, and the tank specs have all been some version of a mechsuit.

None of them have been interesting (yes i know that's subjective) from what I've seen. They've just been the edgy steampunk version of stuff already in the game.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    What exactly doesn't make sense about them? You're gonna need to elaborate, because stating they don't make sense while not explaining why isn't getting getting it done.

They were in warcraft 3, have been in wow since vanilla, and have been featured more and more in recent expansions. Gazlowe works just fine in Hots. LoL also has a ton of champs that could pass up as tinkers, Rumble, Heimerdinger, Ziggs, Viktor, Orianna. What about that "fantasy" doesn't make sense? You're saying a mage shooting fireballs from his hands and turning people into sheep makes sense, but using a mech suit and gadgets which are very much a thing in Warcraft doesn't make sense?
    But they are not Tinkers: they are good at engineering, A JOB IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT: i can't also play as a Blacksmith-Class just because as a dwarf i'm good at smithing. Tinkers are engineers, period.

- - - Updated - - -

But they used to. It was such a terrible ability that they replaced it with a revised Serpent Sting.

If Blizzard wants to do Dark Rangers, just give MM Hunters back Black Arrow and give them Wailing Arrow from HotS.

Problem solved.
    And if you want to play tinkers: give engineering more toys that they can use everywhere. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    But they are not Tinkers: they are good at engineering, A JOB IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT: i can't also play as a Blacksmith-Class just because as a dwarf i'm good at smithing. Tinkers are engineers, period.
    The difference being that there isn't a group of Blacksmiths running around with unique abilities and attributes. So clearly the Tinkers aren't the same thing as the engineering profession.

And if you want to play tinkers: give engineering more toys that they can use everywhere. Problem solved.
    Except that will never happen because professions aren't meant to take the place of classes. Clearly with Gazlowe, Mekkatortoque and others we're looking at a class-like group of fighters who use technology the same way other groups use magic or weapons.

It also sort of helps that WC3 has a Tinker hero, just like Monks, DKs, and Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    A vast majority no doubt loathe the idea, but not everyone. I'm in the latter. Tinkerer, Machinist, Engineer - call it what you will. It could be a fantastic addition to WoW.

That being said, it would have to be done right. One slip up and the fickle mob, aka the community, would have a fit. Monks fitted MoP because of the Pandaren culture, and Demon Hunters fitted Legion because it came time to fight fire with fire. Depending on what happens after Shadowlands, that could be the time to introduce a new class.

But only time will tell. And HE is watching from beyond the veil. Damaged, but rebuilding.
    Pretty sure whenever there is a poll its at the top for most wanted class, your not a minority, its not hated, its a popular choice for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post

- - - Updated - - -

High Tinker Mekkatorque

Nuff said