Thread: Havoc: R.I.P.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Havoc: R.I.P.

Rumor has it, DH is not getting buffs but some changes that will only make the class....worse. After seeing TONS of Veng. DH in PVP, it is starting to look like blizzard is doing away with Havoc as a PVP spec interlay and pushing Veng. to be the PVP choice. Now, that's sad because we're the only class in the game with two specs, and only two specs, to choose from.

That said, it's time all of us accept the future of Havoc is beyond repair. They have completely destroyed 1/2 spec's. This dev/design team at Blizzard needs replaced, badly. I wish the investors would take a good look at the history of 'who's behind' all this /cough/ Ion /cough/ and realize some replacement at Blizzard needs to happen.

Since Legion we have all enjoyed this class but we may as well say Havoc got COVID and died thanks to the lack of support from the people at that so-called Blizzard company.

Havoc
    is beyond
    repair

RIP, Havoc. You will be missed, but not your creators.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned, Demon Hunters should never have been released in Legion in the state that they were in. Trying to go for a 2 spec class was terrible, especially since they completely removed the unique and interesting gameplay of Demonology Warlock to make it happen. At the very least, they could have removed the demon summons from pre-Legion Demonology and used the rest of the kit to have made a ranged DPS Demon Hunter spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

well, considering been highly represented in all content (m+ mandatory, raid and pvp also) and also have monster dps for 4 years and 2 expansions - when brought down to other classes is hurt, indeed.
    Justified, if you ask me. Kinda hoped that take place sooner.

just spent all night losing with my demon hunter in 2s, decided to do my last couple as veng and it actually did good... i dont like that :/

We only have 2 specs and they can't even get the 1 dps spec right, it's a meme that we only have 2-3 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    it's a meme that we only have 2-3 buttons.
    Making that claim is more of a meme then the actual meme you are referring to.
    I'm not saying Havoc has 20 buttons but saying it has 2-3 buttons is spewing a hyperbole just to spew one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    well, considering been highly represented in all content (m+ mandatory, raid and pvp also) and also have monster dps for 4 years and 2 expansions - when brought down to other classes is hurt, indeed.
    Justified, if you ask me. Kinda hoped that take place sooner.
    This is simply untrue.
    Their ST dmg is more than 20% behind top classes. Among one of the lowest, sitting there with for example fury warrior.
    Is that "bringing down to other classes"?
    If yes please nerf top classes by 20% and Havoc players will stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Demon Hunters should never have been released in Legion in the state that they were in. Trying to go for a 2 spec class was terrible, especially since they completely removed the unique and interesting gameplay of Demonology Warlock to make it happen. At the very least, they could have removed the demon summons from pre-Legion Demonology and used the rest of the kit to have made a ranged DPS Demon Hunter spec.

This is something I agree with 300%. It is also something that disturbs me a lot when it comes to this game. We are able to see exactly what measures the developers will go to to dissect and take from other classes in order to make a new one. They took away some fun abilities of the warlock class to make another.

It is a love/hate relationship of this game that I have. I love playing this game but at the same time I see things done to the game and I hate it as well. Not sure where that will lead me in the future. But seeing the facts of how developers do things is definitely placed before me.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    This is simply untrue.
    Their ST dmg is more than 20% behind top classes. Among one of the lowest, sitting there with for example fury warrior.
    Is that "bringing down to other classes"?
    If yes please nerf top classes by 20% and Havoc players will stop complaining.
    well, no.
    If one spec have great aoe damage - it cant have great ST damage, along with uniq buff for magic damage and top mobility ontop of all that.
    Or you could have shit aoe, shit ST and shit survival, as fury warriors.

well, no.
    If one spec have great aoe damage - it cant have great ST damage, along with uniq buff for magic damage and top mobility ontop of all that.
    You sure? Because MM hunters would like to have a word with you. So would warlocks, boomkins and mages, where one specs usually have it all for the past few raids. Also Havoc doesn't have great aoe damage. In fact, havoc has no aoe damage, only cleave. Their aoe damage is borderline irrelevant because even their aoe damage spell, namely, Eye Beam, has diminishing returns past few targets

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Exactly this. Demon hunters were a mistake and every "fix" applied to them is just putting makeup on a pig. Their kit would have been suited for a rogue spec; the 3 we have now are hardly different enough. And it would have meant that no class was destroyed in the process.

But now they are there and we have to live with them. But they will never get hard or interesting for seasoned players, since they are meant to be the easy class, aimed not at the 1% but at the 80% of mediocre players. And in their target audience they're doing well enough.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-29 at 07:23 PM.

well, no.
    Well - you can have great aoe dmg, great ST dmg and unique party cooldowns like unholy DK, with great surviveability and healing capabilities.
    Your logic doesn't work on blizzard.

Don't get me started on boomkins, hunters or fire mages.
    Don't hate on the spec blindly.

And they don't even have "great aoe dmg", it's very bursty, and above-mediocore as the fight goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    You sure? Because MM hunters would like to have a word with you. So would warlocks, boomkins and mages, where one specs usually have it all for the past few raids. Also Havoc doesn't have great aoe damage. In fact, havoc has no aoe damage, only cleave. Their aoe damage is borderline irrelevant because even their aoe damage spell, namely, Eye Beam, has diminishing returns past few targets
    It will be shock for you, but most melee have cleave and not aoe, and have 5 target cap aswell. No diminishing, just 5 target hardcap. And some specs have aoe CD only, once for 1.5min cd. Specs are different, and its ok.
    For ranged - its totally different story. In WoW you are or blizz favorite - ranged, or shit tier role as melee. No more, no less. And even then - they have less mobility than you, less passive healing than you. Yes, its unfair, but it is.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2020-12-29 at 07:38 PM.

It will be shock for you, but most melee have cleave and not aoe, and have 5 target cap aswell. No diminishing, just 5 target hardcap. And some specs have aoe CD only, once for 1.5min cd. Specs are different, and its ok.
    For ranged - its totally different story. In WoW you are or blizz favorite - ranged, or shit tier role as melee. No more, no less.
    That's irrelevant, you were talking about AOE, so I mentioned aoe-capable specs, even if ranged, and said that havoc is bad at both single target and aoe/cleave. And yeah, obviously, you're better off playing a dk or a rogue if you absolutely must be a melee. Both are better despite still being cleave limited. Otherwise go ranged. Havoc is a debuff bot at the moment.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-12-29 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    That's irrelevant, you were talking about AOE, so I mentioned aoe-capable specs, even if ranged, and said that havoc is bad at both single target and aoe/cleave. And yeah, obviously, you're better off playing a dk or a rogue if you absolutely must be a melee. Both are better despite still being cleave limited. Otherwise go ranged. Havoc is a debuff bot at the moment.
    And warr is buffbot, with only function is RCry and Bshout. And yes, i want nerf all ranged specs to the ground, like 30%. If you play some easymode role - you should bring that kind of damage to raid.

What are these rumors, where are they from?

DHs should NEVER have been released with the kit they had. THey just did too many things too well with too few abilities. re design the class, remove double jump, give them more buttons to press for AOE vs ST situations.

Okey, doomer. Where did you get the rumor from? Your dad's friend who has a GF named Karen that has a brother called Keith, works for Blizzard and he told you?

You cry about DH whlist I got 2000 in every bracket this season (havoc) and now I am tanking for the lols

DH needs a re-work, I agree, but you throwing under the bus and stating "it will be worse' I just can't...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Other expansions shouldnt matter but still DHs were powerful, OP powerful for an entire 2 expansions. Its time they hit the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    DHs should NEVER have been released with the kit they had. THey just did too many things too well with too few abilities. re design the class, remove double jump, give them more buttons to press for AOE vs ST situations.
    Was with you until "remove double jump". We got enough buttons to press. I don't want or need three full bars like with Unholy.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    Just no to this, x2 jump is not an ability with a balanced issue. Devs get a lot of shit in this forums.. just wow O.o. a game cannot be tailored 110% for every person brah.

If people could just chill out a little bit on forums and actually make a good constructive thread about it. just because something is not fixed on a snap doesn't mean that they are not looking for a solution.