Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I named him Roger

Obviously he's named Steve.

10+ Year Old Account
    My character is Lyudmila Vartijainen, her chocobo is named Kuolema.
    Xun naut treemma l'olath, treemma nindel vel'bolen wayc'er wun l'olath

Galarian'zapdos

Color: Sunset Orange
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Named him after a Sumerian creature. World of Warcraft has this name in their content too. Last time I checked on my boy he was pretty decked out. I don't know if he is still doing well. Probably kwehing away in a stall somewhere.
    Which creature?

On topic: I named mine Angus. (I'm Scottish.)

I have a bird based petname for my GF so I named my chocobo after it. She was miffed to say the least.

Summer, after my dog irl

I called mine Nibelheim after the town in FFVII. I couldn't think of a decent name lol so I thought that'll do

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Atouria, a name a friend found for my daughter as a nickname because I used to PvP a lot as a character called, Atourius.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, when I first created my character back in ARR he was a Duskwight dragoon named Gren Highwind, inspired by Kain Highwind and the Lord of Vermilion dragoon boss Grendel (as the epic Beowulf describes Grendel as a descendent of Cain).

In keeping with that theme, I simply named my chocobo Abel, a reference to the biblical Abel and more specifically Kain's ultimate weapon, Abel's Lance (which is the new DRG relic weapon in EW).

But then when I returned to the game for Stormblood and Shadowbringers, I wanted to use my free Fantasia to remake my character as a Xaela and transfer to another server, which gave me a free name change. Knowing then that FFXIV was taking a lot more inspiration from the Ivalice games, I decided to directly reference Tactics by changing my name to Gren Duelar, after the dragonkin Reis Duelar, Beowulf Cadmus's lover in Tactics, keeping the Beowulf and Kain Highwind references but adding even more layers to it.

And so, lacking any better ideas, I renamed my chocobo to Highwind, my previous surname.

However, after recently playing through the Omega raid series and falling in love with Amaurot in Shadowbringers, I started to think about changing his name to something more thematically appropriate, since I'm now rocking the Amaurotine Shadowless armor. I first thought about just changing his name to Alpha, but that felt a bit too obvious, so I thought maybe something like, "Zero," which is when I learned of the connection between the word "zero" and the Greek wind god Zephyros.

So now he's named Zephyros, since the true names of the Amaurotine are Greek Gods, but it's also a reference to "zephyr" coming before "alpha" and also a callback to the previous name Highwind, via the wind god.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-12-15 at 11:28 PM.

The same name I give all my video game animal companions: Goat

10+ Year Old Account
    Birb, because he is a birb.

10+ Year Old Account
    My original character's chocobo is named Courageous. Because she doesn't consider herself courageous, and thought maybe he could inspire her.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Chushushuwushu )