Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    I definitely find the "flavor" racials more useful nowadays. Infinite low cooldown mailbox on my nightborne mage? Yes please. Same but for a bank on my goblin, who can then also get engineering for another one and a mailbox? YUSS!

    And of course the vulpera. Seriously tempted to replace my horde bank alt with one for that space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  2. #62
    I wish combat related racials (anything that does or increases healing or damage) were replaced by flavor racials

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I believe ALL power-related racials should be removed and replaced with "Flavor" ones
    Here is why your idea is terrible.

    There is no end to what you can apply it to. If you think different power-based racials is bad, then what about different spells? What about different classes? Your logic can be applied to any aspect of the game that isn't identical. So that in theory, you could argue that every spec, class, and faction needs to be 100% identical. Hell, you could even argue that Tauren need to be shrunk to avoid being disadvantaged in pvp.

    When too much of the game only involves differences in flavor, it means you lose all meaningful differentiation. The better option is to continually strive for as much balance as possible, even if you never fully achieve it.

    Cheers.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Here is why your idea is terrible.

    There is no end to what you can apply it to. If you think different power-based racials is bad, then what about different spells? What about different classes? Your logic can be applied to any aspect of the game that isn't identical. So that in theory, you could argue that every spec, class, and faction needs to be 100% identical. Hell, you could even argue that Tauren need to be shrunk to avoid being disadvantaged in pvp.

    When too much of the game only involves differences in flavor, it means you lose all meaningful differentiation. The better option is to continually strive for as much balance as possible, even if you never fully achieve it.

    Cheers.
    I mean no... it is pretty easy to stop at racials...

    That is like making the argument that we shouldn't arrest murders because we might eventually arrest jay walkers. The slippery slope is still a fallacy.

  5. #65
    I'd be up to giving it a try. Would be interesting to see if it made any difference in population levels.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean no... it is pretty easy to stop at racials...

    That is like making the argument that we shouldn't arrest murders because we might eventually arrest jay walkers. The slippery slope is still a fallacy.
    Either the depth of this conversation is a bit beyond you, based on your comment. Or ( and of course we know it is this ), your attempted straw man is so transparent and basic that it does not even warrant a reply. Come back when you actually have something to say.

  7. #67
    yes removal all combat racials - all of them

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Would be cool if the Racials were cosmetic stuff with visuals that fits your race. Like if a Blood Elf uses a spell, some times it would make an arcane-like visual effect that was for Blood Elves only.
    Kinda into this; I really wish racials served more of a immersion purpose rather than a gameplay one. Be actually something fun that represents the race rather than just end up as part of the min-maxing game.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Either the depth of this conversation is a bit beyond you, based on your comment. Or ( and of course we know it is this ), your attempted straw man is so transparent and basic that it does not even warrant a reply. Come back when you actually have something to say.
    Explaining how the slippery slope is a fallacy isn't all that complex of a subject...

    I understand you rather insult then ever try to back up your opinions but child that won't actually help you sway people.

  10. #70
    I wish all elves would be removed from the game.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Kinda into this; I really wish racials served more of a immersion purpose rather than a gameplay one. Be actually something fun that represents the race rather than just end up as part of the min-maxing game.
    Yeah, I would love some more stuff to represent the races we are playing. Now, Heritage Armor is cool, the new "sub-race customization" we get in Shadowlands is cool, but I also would want them to expand more on the races.

    But I guess, stuff like Racials might be too minor to use maybe a good deal of resources on seeing there are so many races now. But good examples of what we got already is the Arcane Torrent, The mailbox and the Arcane Pulse racials for Nightborne as examples. But maybe they could have put Arcane Torrent visuals when you do other spells too. Just something that lights up and are up for 10 seconds now and then like Void Elves Entropic Embrace. Imagination is endless!!

    But mine stops right there...
    Will you play with me? Pretty please!

    Apparently exposing liars is NOT okay.

  12. #72
    Remove power racials? Okay, but not to replace them with flavor ones. "Flavor" ones are lame, just look at SWTOR. Instead, they should all be utility that gives a race a class ability, like Shadowmeld for Feign Death, Darkflight for Sprint, or Stoneform for Ice Block.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I wish all elves would be removed from the game.
    We got 200 variations of Elves before we got Wildhammer Dwarves. You know Blizzard sold out for that one. Falstad is literally crying right now. He has to be in a different game (HotS) because he isn't represented well at all in WoW lul!

  14. #74
    People who say racials are fine have obviously never PvP'd.

  15. #75
    I think people are looking at this in the wrong way. Racials are considered necessary for unique flavor and RP reasons, but added spells and abilities aren't the only way to achieve that. If they wanted race-choice to feel important, then they should make every race/spec variation feel different based on your choice. Not the first time this kind of thing has been called for.

    Tauren Paladins would have Chieftan's Strike instead of Crusader Strike, and all the Hammer motifs could be changed to Totems. They start with the Sunwalker title unlocked.

    Night Elf Holy Priests are Elune-themed while the Draenei Holy Priests are Naaru-themed. Blood Elf Holy Priests are Sunwell-themed, Forsaken Holy Priests practice some dark-mending. Nothing actually changes gameplay-wise. Forsaken and Night Elf Fire Mages could both be Teldrassil themed, with different takes on how that went down.

    Druids already enjoy this kind of treatment. It'd be the next big step for character customization and interesting variation now that the character models are in a pretty good place.

    2-3 racial abilities is thinking way too small compared to what Blizz could do if they decided they wanted to make race choice more meaningful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •