Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    After beating the game. i just want more.
    Yeah thats how I felt beating it. The world with the sandbox is a near perfect mix. Very excited for single player expansions.

Was going to play it, then MS updated it and some game services that won't install and it won't run without it, uninstalled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah thats how I felt beating it. The world with the sandbox is a near perfect mix. Very excited for single player expansions.
    that after credit scene reignited my thirst for vengeance. that was a interesting play on 343's part.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

just finished campaign, really enjoyed it.

the AI was awful, i could be fighting someone, run away for a second, come back and they would be looking the other way so i could beat them down.

for me there is too much to do in the open world but i think that is more my gamin style has changed, a few years ago id have done everything.

hooking onto someone to beat them down is so much fun, probably my most used kill.

multiplayer ranked is a disappointment, i only really want to play swat, snipers and slayer, does anyone even like odd ball?

10+ Year Old Account
    that after credit scene reignited my thirst for vengeance. that was a interesting play on 343's part.
    Yeah I loved the end credits cutscene. Really glad they are going this route instead of bringing back the flood. They aren't a fun enemy to fight + the lore implications of a flood outbreak pretty much results in having to resort to a nuclear option to contain it. Still hate the floodgate level in H3 lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    just finished campaign, really enjoyed it.

the AI was awful, i could be fighting someone, run away for a second, come back and they would be looking the other way so i could beat them down.

for me there is too much to do in the open world but i think that is more my gamin style has changed, a few years ago id have done everything.

hooking onto someone to beat them down is so much fun, probably my most used kill.

multiplayer ranked is a disappointment, i only really want to play swat, snipers and slayer, does anyone even like odd ball?
    The AI is passable for halo AI, which has always been really bad. Hunters are the best they've been though. Really hoping for a firefight expansion.

In before kids complain that they have to read the forerunner trilogy to get everything referenced and that was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

The AI is passable for halo AI, which has always been really bad. Hunters are the best they've been though. Really hoping for a firefight expansion.
    How did you kill them by the way? I'm starting my legendary today and will probablyprobably be doing it over Christmas because I'm isolating, I couldn't get behind them and the red ones didn't even seem to have a wekspot on their back anyway. I just found launchers and needlers?

With regard to the AI. They've had years now it should be sorted imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    In before kids complain that they have to read the forerunner trilogy to get everything referenced and that was going on.
    Pissed me off that the story didn't carry on from 5 nm a book trilogy

Also no need to be a dick

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you kill them by the way? I'm starting my legendary today and will probablyprobably be doing it over Christmas because I'm isolating, I couldn't get behind them and the red ones didn't even seem to have a wekspot on their back anyway. I just found launchers and needlers?

With regard to the AI. They've had years now it should be sorted imo
    You can shoot off their back armor. Sentinel beam makes quick work of it. Upgraded thrusters help with getting behind them and then I just commando or mangler them down once you have the backs shot off and weave their shield hits with the thruster. If you wana deal with them at range, upgraded threat sensors will help you see their health. Then you can just pick them off with explosives. I haven't tried using precision guns like the shock rifle and sniper on them. They are pretty good at hiding the neck area in this game once they spot you.

i didnt read it and i dont care. i am having fun and thats all that matters. i have a minor complaint. why the heck is the grunt birthday party skull towards the end of the game?

Pissed me off that the story didn't carry on from 5 nm a book trilogy

Also no need to be a dick
    Nah, after the mounts of salt generated from people over not understanding who the forerunners were because they might have to actually READ a book to get the backstory i have no sympathy. And expanded universe that walks hand in hand with the games and expands upon them is one of the best things ever and fans that ignore or shun it because it requires reading make me shake my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never read the forerunner trilogy. Most of my EU knowledge comes from halopedia and hiddenxperia videos lol. I wanted to before Infinite but works been too busy.

Some of the salt can be with how 343 handled Halo 4's story. The game alone can be confusing to people that haven't read them, or just aren't that interested in the story. It was pretty confusing my first playthrough and I followed the pre-343 EU. Thats when I started reading up and watching videos.

Nah, after the mounts of salt generated from people over not understanding who the forerunners were because they might have to actually READ a book to get the backstory i have no sympathy. And expanded universe that walks hand in hand with the games and expands upon them is one of the best things ever and fans that ignore or shun it because it requires reading make me shake my head.
    A good story should stand on its own and not require you to read a plethora of EU works.

Then again the replacement story isn't worth writing home either. Most of what I caught was an AI trying to be funny and a bunch of gorillas shouting ATRIOX at each other.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I don't think it's unreasonable for me to feel like the story in a game I have been playing for what fifteen years should be coherent, I didn't even know there were books until now and I do not mind reading, although I'm on a lull at the moment.

So yeah, there was no need to phrase that like you did

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    A good story should stand on its own and not require you to read a plethora of EU works.

Then again the replacement story isn't worth writing home either. Most of what I caught was an AI trying to be funny and a bunch of gorillas shouting ATRIOX at each other.
    wrong, a limited amount of story can be told through a game. the more backstory the richer the lore.

a little worried about the multiplayer in this game.

i play at low platinum, the others in my group play al levels plat.

we got put against the same team of multi level onyx today 3 games in a row, i think that not being able to select what you want to play in ranked has made the game lose players really quickly, no one wants to play oddball or capture the flag.

has anyone else had issues like this?

really delaying Coop again?
    how are you this stupid 343?

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/03...-co-op-delayed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    really delaying Coop again?
    how are you this stupid 343?

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/03...-co-op-delayed
    lmao, im not surprised, coop doesn't make then money like multiplayer does. Glad I didn't wait for the framepacing issue/cutscene or weapon animations to be fixed.

$60 says this shit will still be using that garbage netcode introduced with ODST where both players systems have to agree on everything before its allowed to happen making it a laggy garbage experience.

https://halo.bungie.org/misc/networkguide.html
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2022-03-08 at 06:00 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    lmao, im not surprised, coop doesn't make then money like multiplayer does. Glad I didn't wait for the framepacing issue or weapon animations to be fixed.
    no sign of forge either it seems and no campaign dlc announcement. so that 10 years of halo infinite is starting to seem like it means 10 years of halo multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    no sign of forge either it seems and no campaign dlc announcement. so that 10 years of halo infinite is starting to seem like it means 10 years of halo multiplayer.
    I edited my post.

Also, another $60 says the only reason we got the 1st person weapon animation framerates fixed is because it also occurred in multiplayer.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

It just feels like traditional studios trying "live-service" need to stop. Shit happens again and again, with BioWare, with DICE, with 343 etc.

They're not set up for it, they don't have the experience, and most of the time a lot of blame falls upon management at their respective owners. Part of it is also bad expectations set previously about the scope/frequency that a team can release content without burning them out with constant crunch as well.

I'm just surprised that we're about a generation into these "live-service" experiments and studios are still struggling to figure out some of the basics. Though with H:I and its already yearlong delay, it seems there were some bigger issues with the behind the scenes development : /