Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is the energy sword in multiplayer?
    It can spawn as an ordinance in BTB. I assume it switches with hammer spawns in arena.

  2. #162
    Herald of the Titans Proskill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,761
    holy shit, this game feels good.

    its a nice change to play something more oldschool beside all military or tactical shooters like CoD, BF and CSGO/VALORANT we have for the past decade.
    and i like it more than destiny, if thats the closest comparison there can be done these days. movement is much faster.
    it feels good to run and gun on symetrical maps like the old times.

    - - - Updated - - -

    and it runs surprisingly well on my rig too
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-11-21 at 03:57 PM.
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  3. #163
    how would everyone rate the halo infinite multiplayer? (1-10)
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  4. #164
    I only tried it because it was free. I thought it was pretty bad, the gunplay and sound seemed very poor. But to be fair I haven't played a FPS game in years, so maybe I just don't have the interest any longer.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  5. #165
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,019
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    how would everyone rate the halo infinite multiplayer? (1-10)
    Gameplay 8.5~, it's the best feeling after 3's multiplayer (I prefer the slow methodical pace of 3)

    1 for everything else:
    -The menu UI was made by baby's first GUI designer
    -The Battle Pass and attached armor unlocking system is the biggest dumpster fire since Battlefront 2.
    -Why aren't there any playlists. Just. Why. "BuT iT's TeChNicAlLy NoT lAuNcH dAy" then they should have delayed until playlists were a thing. I don't want to play nothing but oddball and CTF.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    r7 5800x my CPU barelly gets used by the game. Still seems like the performance is ass compared to how busy this game even is.
    Probably a driver issue or maybe it's just the game then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I only tried it because it was free. I thought it was pretty bad, the gunplay and sound seemed very poor. But to be fair I haven't played a FPS game in years, so maybe I just don't have the interest any longer.
    Takes getting used to I guess.
    I like overwatch and Doom for example but I'm not really into the battlefield or Cod games and this seems a bit in between.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Takes getting used to I guess.
    I like overwatch and Doom for example but I'm not really into the battlefield or Cod games and this seems a bit in between.
    I'd probably chalk it up to lack of interest on my part. Last FPS I played was probably Destiny 2, which had both great gunplay and sound. Haven't played CoD or Battlefield for many years but the last ones I played I'd still put above this game. Never played Overwatch or Doom (well, not since Doom 3).
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2021-11-22 at 11:38 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

  8. #168
    There's plenty to be said about stuff like the battle pass, but others have already said what I feel should be said about that. So I'll just say that the core gameplay is absolutely perfection. This is Halo.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd probably chalk it up to lack of interest on my part. Last FPS I played was probably Destiny 2, which had both great gunplay and sound. Haven't played CoD or Battlefield for many years but the last ones I played I'd still put above this game. Never played Overwatch or Doom (well, not since Doom 3).
    COD and BF are different fps genre than this.

  10. #170
    Well, 343 did it. They broke me. I uninstalled a Halo game after less than 30 hours of game time. Never thought I'd see the day but here we are.

    The core gameplay is amazeballs. Best of the series. And that's the only good thing I have to say about the game. Everything else is a shitshow. So I'm going back to MCC for the time being. Maybe the game will be improved whenever the next season comes around in 6-7 months.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, 343 did it. They broke me. I uninstalled a Halo game after less than 30 hours of game time. Never thought I'd see the day but here we are.

    The core gameplay is amazeballs. Best of the series. And that's the only good thing I have to say about the game. Everything else is a shitshow. So I'm going back to MCC for the time being. Maybe the game will be improved whenever the next season comes around in 6-7 months.
    I mean they have literally been on a weeks vacation this past week after a long grind that ended with the game going gold the week before. And at least 2 different devs have posted that they are coming in hard to fix all the things including battlepass and progression this week.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    -The menu UI was made by baby's first GUI designer
    This.

    The battlepass is all sorts of screwy, and the monetization of EVERYTHING is bullshit. It's like this is a game for whales to pay $9.99 a day for a new visor color or some shit. The store is terribly designed and way way overpriced.

    But that user interface GUI is worse. So much worse. Navigation is straightforward if you just want to -play- (just click through 3 menus!) but do you want to do any customization? Visit the store? Edit options? What are some of these options? Why can't I figure out (after 30 hours) how voice comms work? Why does this UI feel like it was slapped together from clipart?

    Bleh. gameplay is good though.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I mean they have literally been on a weeks vacation this past week after a long grind that ended with the game going gold the week before. And at least 2 different devs have posted that they are coming in hard to fix all the things including battlepass and progression this week.
    Their entire monetization model is built on preventing players from playing the game the way they desire to play it. They'd have to rip the entire thing out and redesign both it and the progression system from scratch (or forego lucrative macromicrotransactions, which, let's be honest, is not gonna happen).

  14. #174
    The progression sucks but it's just customization.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The progression sucks but it's just customization.
    Except for all the people you get in your games who refuse to play the game because they're trying to do something specific for a challenge. Or if it's the wrong gamemode and they just quit outright, leaving you with a bot in their place until someone new joins. Who then also leaves because it's the wrong gamemode. The entire thing is tainted.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    -The menu UI was made by baby's first GUI designer
    Honestly I wish 343's consistent failure at UI design would get more attention. Every single title of theirs is a mess of flipping through menus and baffling design elements. Of course now its infected the HUD by cramming everything in the corner.

    Honestly with the play list, progression, and microtransaction nonsense it feels like babies first game in a number of ways. Hard to imagine this is the same company that's been in charge of halo for the last decade.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Except for all the people you get in your games who refuse to play the game because they're trying to do something specific for a challenge. Or if it's the wrong gamemode and they just quit outright, leaving you with a bot in their place until someone new joins. Who then also leaves because it's the wrong gamemode. The entire thing is tainted.
    The problem would be solved imo if they let you have like 12 challenges going at one time. At least that way you could more passively complete challenges by playing normally. The way it is right now forces you to spend money on refresh items, that are themselves rewarded too gingerly.

    I managed to get 15 warthog turret kills completed in a single big battle match, that was a lot of fun. PC mouse controls + turret is overpowered it seems.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Their entire monetization model is built on preventing players from playing the game the way they desire to play it. They'd have to rip the entire thing out and redesign both it and the progression system from scratch (or forego lucrative macromicrotransactions, which, let's be honest, is not gonna happen).
    why wouldnt it happen? Have you seen MCC from when it launched to now? Now granted it took a LONG time before it got to where it is now but it has changed drasticly several times and doesnt resemble the previous versions at all.

    MCC would be more fun if it wasnt a halo 3 and reach jack off session every game. If you prefer 2 you sit for ages.

    Give them some time to fix it. if they dont do shit then crucify them. Fuck i played halo 2 just to play it for years with no custom armor and a halfassed stat tracker that was third party and hardly anyone used.

    Take MCC and halo 5 as an example of how much they will expand thier game. Both have had massive amounts of shit added in after launch, mindboggling amounts of shit.

    besides, what else are we gona play right now? Bug riddled bf? another ww2 cod?

  19. #179
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I mean they have literally been on a weeks vacation this past week after a long grind that ended with the game going gold the week before. And at least 2 different devs have posted that they are coming in hard to fix all the things including battlepass and progression this week.
    I hate how it's labeled as "Fixing" the BP/Issues as if a lot of this shit wasn't purposefully put in there just for them to either A. get away with it, or B. pull the whole "We'Re LiStEnInG tO fEeDbAcK" shtick and pretend to be the good guys.

  20. #180
    from what i seem to understand of the oddball game, the rules seem to be that your team needs to run to the very opposite corner of the map from you the moment you pick up the skull, where they will essentially play Elimination until the end of the match.

    Which is really odd, given that the entire enemy team is right beside me, busy cramming every rifle, beam gun, grenade and gravity hammer up my rectum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •