Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Halo Infinite

i am surprised i didnt see this(or any game from the Microsoft reveal outside of Fable). so i made it

Step inside trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAiYiRH5fUk

Gameplay Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTp3W0mlsJA

Campaign preview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-1BcILTPk

I think it looks good. it almost feels like the best aspects of all the halos in game. the new weapons are cool looking. Grappling hook is an interesting choice to add.

I have no idea what is going on story wise. we went from dealing with Cortana and the guardians(in halo 5 kinda) to now fighting the Banished.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Honestly i loved the series for a long time but this looks bad. Really bad. Like it looks like a launch xbox one title from 2013, the devs say it 'might' look better when it hits shelves in 19 weeks or less, its taken half a decade and a rumoured 500 million dollar budget to get to this along with massive staff shuffling at least four times, leads jumping ship and its intended to replace numbered sequels with ten years of constant updates to this which means its going to be an always online live service full of minibuys like most exclusives sent to the elephant graveyard that is gamepass. That and its chasing the open world meme which i dont think the team is capable of pulling off well when that was the original plan for Halo 5 and its levels are terrible.

I would dearly love to be completely wrong but this looks like the next Anthem and i can see a few months from now a bunch of montages of people being thrown through the world by the grappling hook and the like. If i am wrong it will then thats fantastic but this looked monumentally rough and i am expecting a trash fire with promises it will get fixed in patches.

15+ Year Old Account

Monke give chocomilk to you. Enjoy!

Really makes you think

343i is absolutely destroying this franchise with their incompetence. MS has thrown double the money at them as Sony has spent on any first party PS4 game to make this and this is the best they shit out? The visuals are comparable to Killzone Shadowfall which was a PS4 launch decima engine game, and we already seen that engine do way better on PS4 with DS and HZD let alone the PC versions or next gen versions of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    I think it looks good. it almost feels like the best aspects of all the halos in game. the new weapons are cool looking. Grappling hook is an interesting choice to add.
    Come on my man. Like I know 'Just turn your brain off bro and enjoy it" has become a justified defence to criticism for some reason but you can honestly think that trailer looked good.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I'm looking forward to it, and really curious how the stories are going to connect here, cause this seems to be missing the leap from 5 to what was shown.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Come on my man. Like I know 'Just turn your brain off bro and enjoy it" has become a justified defence to criticism for some reason but you can honestly think that trailer looked good.
    so i have to hate 343 or else i am an idiot?

It looks interesting,but yeah can't argue that the graphics are uhhh.... a bit strange

Imagine hating a game because it's got stylised graphics instead of HYPER REALISTIC.

Imagine....

I like how the game looks. Flame me. It looks fine, it looks like it plays REALLY well, and that's far more important IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, and really curious how the stories are going to connect here, cause this seems to be missing the leap from 5 to what was shown.
    to be fair,5 was an absolute and complete trainwreck on the story department,I wouldn't blame them for trying to get as far from it as possible

Yeah man, how dare he have an opinion that you disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Imagine hating a game because it's got stylised graphics instead of HYPER REALISTIC.

Imagine....

I like how the game looks. Flame me. It looks fine, it looks like it plays REALLY well, and that's far more important IMO.
    I'm waiting to see some PC gameplay,it seems like it has the potential to be enjoyable on PC for sure

so i have to hate 343 or else i am an idiot?
    I never said you were an idiot. I was just pointing out I find your opinion unfounded and tangindentally ranting about people defending bad media becoming a cool thing to do.

If you want a more comprehensive comment. Beyond the fact, the graphics are comically bad for a machine using tech so next-gen you can't even buy it yet. I agree with you the new weapon designs look cool (even if the textures are worse then halo 3). I'm not super sure the grappling hook meaningfully adds anything to combat.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post

Imagine....

See we already caught one. You know a game that looks and plays better than what we saw? Halo 3.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-07-26 at 01:03 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    to be fair,5 was an absolute and complete trainwreck on the story department,I wouldn't blame them for trying to get as far from it as possible
    5 was pretty out there but they gotta wrap that up.....somehow? i hope...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I never said you were an idiot. I was just pointing out I find your opinion unfounded and tangindentally ranting about people defending bad media becoming a cool thing to do.

If you want a more comprehensive comment. Beyond the fact, the graphics are comically bad for a machine using tech so next-gen you can't even buy it yet. I agree with you the new weapon designs look cool (even if the textures are worse then halo 3). I'm not super sure the grappling hook meaningfully adds anything to combat.

See we already caught one. You know a game that looks and plays better than what we saw? Halo 3.
    Caught one what? Someone with an opinion you don't like?

Boo! I'm the boogieman!

So to keep it real with the graphics this video I'm about to link sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnQd...ture=emb_title

Rather than comparing in game gameplay vs movie quality cutscenes created by a hired studio that video is pretty informative and useful.

As you can see the issues aren't really the art direction or style as much as poor quality lighting that prevents detail from being shown and a lot of pop in which are pretty objectively poor aspects of what we saw
    Last edited by Erolian; 2020-07-26 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    343i is absolutely destroying this franchise with their incompetence. MS has thrown double the money at them as Sony has spent on any first party PS4 game to make this and this is the best they shit out? The visuals are comparable to Killzone Shadowfall which was a PS4 launch decima engine game, and we already seen that engine do way better on PS4 with DS and HZD let alone the PC versions or next gen versions of those games.
    no offense but you sound like a sony fanboy when you post this crap.

- - - Updated - - -

halo 3 was okay.

no offense but you sound like a sony fanboy when you post this crap.
    Stating facts makes me a fanboy? Ok dude.

343i should not be producing results like this with their budget and their man power. They are larger then any Sony 1st party studio, far larger then a studio like Sucker Punch that has a PS4 game in Ghost shitting all over the production quality of this with a 150 person dev team, not the 500+(god knows how big they are now those are 2016 numbers) at 343i.

I'm sorry you're ok with a poor quality product and feel the need to attack someone as a fanboy for pointing out reality, but the truth is the truth. Just look at the DF video above on this shit show.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-26 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Stating facts makes me a fanboy? Ok dude.

343i should not be producing results like this with their budget and their man power. They are larger then any Sony 1st party studio, far larger then a studio like Sucker Punch that has a PS4 game in Ghost shitting all over the production quality of this with a 150 person dev team, not the 500+(god knows how big they are now those are 2016 numbers) at 343i.
    sony this sony that.
    you are way to quick to compare it to sony. if you want to not sound like sony fanboy then compare it to another xbox game.