Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    delays are always disappointing.
    also at this point the console war is a stupid thing and people should just enjoy things they want to.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    What? Oh wow, I can't believe they delayed it. Wow. Halo Infinite was the system seller for the Series X, I'm surprised they didn't just delay the whole thing they are so inexorably linked. I honestly think this is huge news in the console arena. Maybe they see they are going to be supply constrained on the next gen and decided to stagger the golden egg and put it out when they expect supply to start catching up. I don't know. I am hugely affected by this. To the internet for more research.
    I don't think its as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. MS didn't have a Halo game as a 360 launch title and it still sold a healthy chunk of units after Sony dominated the previous gen. MS also has 10 million reported game pass subscribers. Even if people don't rush out to buy the series x at launch its not gonna hurt MS a ton. The hardware is usually a low profit margin. The software is what makes the money, and now days in game micro-transactions. Shareholders may not like lower sales numbers, but on the flip side what single party exclusives are coming out with the PS5s launch? It seems like Sony blew their exclusive load on PS4 and don't have much for the launch of PS5.

Now, if MS didn't have game pass Infinite would of 100% for sure been rushed out for launch. This is the right move by MS and 343.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't think its as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. MS didn't have a Halo game as a 360 launch title and it still sold a healthy chunk of units after Sony dominated the previous gen.
    Bad comparison. The Xbox 360 launched an entire year before the PS3 and had Gears of War ready at about the same time the PS3 launched, and Halo 3 the following year. Sony's devs struggled to catch up and the system was $499-599 with no must have exclusives until years into it's life.

MS is not going to have a year head start, nor will they have a massive price advantage, nor are Sony's studios going to struggle to develop for the PS5 for the first half of it's lifecycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bad comparison. The Xbox 360 launched an entire year before the PS3 and had Gears of War ready at about the same time the PS3 launched, and Halo 3 the following year. Sony's devs struggled to catch up and the system was $499-599 with no must have exclusives until years into it's life.

MS is not going to have a year head start, nor will they have a massive price advantage, nor are Sony's studios going to struggle to develop for the PS5 for the first half of it's lifecycle.
    My main point there is that launch titles don't carry a generation. About the only first party launch title from Sony/MS I can think of as being relevant is ironically Halo.

My main point there is that launch titles don't carry a generation. About the only first party launch title from Sony/MS I can think of as being relevant is ironically Halo.
    Oh yea that niche spider-man guy, totally not relevant. I don't want to make this thread entirely about Sony or anything but when it was Spider-Man vs Halo it was arguable who had the more high profile launch game, now without Halo it's not even a conversation. That's not trying to shit on MS it's just a fact.

Ummm......

along with....

Spideman
    God of War
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Horizon Zero Dawn

and other titles that have sold millions of copies. I don't think you know what the word Relevant means.

Bottom line is this, You need first party and 3rd party support in order for your console to do well. Halo Infinite was the system seller the Series X (and likely S) needed. Its very clear MS really doesn't care about the short term with that system. But by it not launching with a reason to buy it lots will go to the PS5 or other platforms.

A delayed game has a chance to be good but that doesn't mean it will be, Look at Duke Nukem as proof of that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-08-12 at 03:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I could hardly care less about graphics really, so I will decline hopping on that bandwagon since it looks fine to me, but I was still pretty let down by what I saw. Sprint still being there is a massive disappointment, considering basically the entire community wants it gone. The grapple hook will be every bit as lame as the jet pack, especially since it looks permanent instead of it being a pickup. Hit markers and bloom both suck too, so with all of that crap piled together I have very low expectations, which is disappointing since I used to basically live for Halo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yea that niche spider-man guy, totally not relevant. I don't want to make this thread entirely about Sony or anything but when it was Spider-Man vs Halo it was arguable who had the more high profile launch game, now without Halo it's not even a conversation. That's not trying to shit on MS it's just a fact.
    Funny, I am trying to find this spider man launch title and am failing to do so. The only one I can recall being an exclusive is the most recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm......

along with....

Spideman
    God of War
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Horizon Zero Dawn

and other titles that have sold millions of copies. I don't think you know what the word Relevant means.

Bottom line is this, You need first party and 3rd party support in order for your console to do well. Halo Infinite was the system seller the Series X (and likely S) needed. Its very clear MS really doesn't care about the short term with that system. But by it not launching with a reason to buy it lots will go to the PS5 or other platforms.

A delayed game has a chance to be good but that doesn't mean it will be, Look at Duke Nukem as proof of that.
    I too can bold text in a quote, I can even make it bigger.

Funny, I am trying to find this spider man launch title and am failing to do so. The only one I can recall being an exclusive is the most recent one.

I too can bold text in a quote, I can even make it bigger.
    Ok then...

Spider-Man Miles Morales and its very likely that Ratchet and the Demon's Souls remake will be launch titles.

Also 3rd party exclusive titles like Godfall will help sell the system.

Right now there is Zero reason to get a Series X even more so if you own a XB1 or a PC.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-08-12 at 04:25 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ok then...

Spider-Man Miles Morales and its very likely that Ratchet and the Demon's Souls remake will be launch titles.

Right now there is Zero reason to get a Series X even more so if you own a XB1 or a PC.
    I know we are getting off the subject of Halo, but HOLY CRAP as a gamer I want Demon's Souls so bad. I'd rather have that than 99% of the games coming out. Maybe Elden Ring and BotW2 beat it in anticipation. Bluepoint are pure quality and I'm hyped about that one as a gamer.

As for Halo, I do think they needed a delay. However, that game was my primary reason for considering the XSX on launch. Honestly, I'll probably get it next year when Halo comes out.

What sucks though, is it now feels like all the eggs are in one basket. If they had launched the game and it sucked, I can see getting over that. The last couple of Halos have had their problems. However, now it will be even more anticipated and viewed as THE key xbox moment by many(imo). The game, by delaying itself after huge hype, and because it is related to the XSX launch fiasco, will come with HEAVY expectations.

One may say, "but many games were delayed and they didn't have increased expectations, they are just games." I think this one is special. It is now a key figure in the "console war" online, but also it has now been generally accepted and discussed in the mainstream as THE xbox game. So much is riding on this, even more than before the delay. They have to get this right. If the game comes out and its Anthem, I think it spells major trouble for Xbox this gen, so the only real thing here is they have to get it right.

On the other hand, if they nail it, I think it could be a huge boon to their entire gaming business. Halo Infinite may not be make or break, but I don't think "tentpole title" is a strong enough phrase here.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-08-12 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Hopefully its explained because that trailer was extremely jarring. Not even a hint of Cortana and her AIs. Just a splinter faction of the Covenant that has somehow wiped out most of humanity
    They didn't wipe out most of humanity, they defeated the UNSC forces on the ring, the ones from halo wars 2.

Losing Halo Infinite as a launch title sucks, but its better than completely killing the brand with a half baked game. I know for a fact some of the next gen components weren't ready yet and it would have been stupid for them to launch w/o.

That being said, I don't think this kills the Xbox Series X launch as much as people think it does. There are only 2 PS5 exclusive games coming at launch, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Godfall (which will also be on PC). Spiderman was a great game, but there's no way I'm dropping $500+ for a single game at launch. It's going to take both Sony and MS a full year or 2 to have enough games to make the console purchase make sense... to me.

Microsoft also has some surprises left.

They'll be announcing a few more things in late August including a $200-$250 1080/1440p focused Series S. The Series S has been confirmed, pricing is still up in the air.
    Also won't be shocked if they announce the Series X at $400.
    I would also not be surprised if they held back a few game announcements from the Game Pass event...

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They'll be announcing a few more things in late August including a $200-$250 1080/1440p focused Series S. The Series S has been confirmed, pricing is still up in the air.
    Also won't be shocked if they announce the Series X at $400.
    I would also not be surprised if they held back a few game announcements from the Game Pass event...
    And they still get murdered regardless because they have limited brand power and now no huge IP to sell with their console launch. I will say though thinking the S will be any less then $300 is some serious wishful thinking that isn't going to happen. It's by and large the same hardware as the X just with a weaker GPU, they aren't going to get it to half off or more lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://game-insider.com/wp-content/uploads/50094321736_1106c213da_k.jpg
    Ohhh, okay. I was thinking of a past release. I heard there being some drama about that being essentially DLC for the previous game but I don't know if its true or not.

Ok then...

Me personally I don't rush out to buy consoles at release anymore. 360 did me and millions other dirty with its RROD issue. I still remember the exact time mine crapped out. Its when chill out got ported to halo 3 and I was playing the weekend playlist. Shut off mid match. I held out on buying this gen until the beefed up pro/one x models shipped. I'll probably wait on this gen until we start seeing more raytracing games.

Ohhh, okay. I was thinking of a past release. I heard there being some drama about that being essentially DLC for the previous game but I don't know if its true or not.
    It's not DLC at all, it's a stand alone game. It was easier to make due to re-using the city, but why in the world would they make another Manhattan from the ground up just for the sake of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Me personally I don't rush out to buy consoles at release anymore. 360 did me and millions other dirty with its RROD issue. I still remember the exact time mine crapped out. Its when chill out got ported to halo 3 and I was playing the weekend playlist. Shut off mid match. I held out on buying this gen until the beefed up pro/one x models shipped. I'll probably wait on this gen until we start seeing more raytracing games.
    360 and PS2 are literally the only 2 consoles I bought near launch that don't still work(and I could of made them work but both where bigger headaches then they where worth).

Gamecube, Wii U, PS3, OG Xbox, Dreamcast, PS4, Vita, 3DS, Switch all bought near launch and still work to this day. The fear mongering about "launch issues" is mostly bullshit. Oh I'm pretty sure my Xbox One from launch window still works too but seeing as I haven't pulled it out and used it in years I can't confirm for sure lmao...

Gamecube, Wii U, PS3, OG Xbox, Dreamcast, PS4, Vita, 3DS, Switch all bought near launch and still work to this day. The fear mongering about "launch issues" is mostly bullshit. Oh I'm pretty sure my Xbox One from launch window still works too but seeing as I haven't pulled it out and used it in years I can't confirm for sure lmao...
    Still got my near launch (Bought it the march after release) PS4 and it works just fine. A lot of it does come down to how well people take care of their systems (besides the OG 360).

I will say tho that recently both of my original xbox's decided to stop reading disk's and that has made me rage. Also I have owned over 20 (used tho) PS2's that each sooner or later had some kind of problem. Mostly fat models and they stopped reading disks.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is disappointing, I was really looking forward to Halo Infinite to play this year. There have already been no games that caught my eye this year, and being inside with no worthwhile games to play has been quite a drag. 2020 is a bust for games, I'm sure of it now. Horizon Zero Dawn's port was a mess, CP2077 is probably going to be delayed again, which only leaves AC Valhalla for this year. Such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    CP2077 is probably going to be delayed again, which only leaves AC Valhalla for this year. Such a disappointment.
    CP2077 isn't getting delayed again.

It got delayed so it could release alongside Next Gen systems...

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    CP2077 isn't getting delayed again.

It got delayed so it could release alongside Next Gen systems...
    If that was true they would have set the date to that originally. Next gen didn't magically pop out of a closet
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.