Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    from what i seem to understand of the oddball game, the rules seem to be that your team needs to run to the very opposite corner of the map from you the moment you pick up the skull, where they will essentially play Elimination until the end of the match.

Which is really odd, given that the entire enemy team is right beside me, busy cramming every rifle, beam gun, grenade and gravity hammer up my rectum.
    Rank progression is still based on K/D, rather than winning, so objectives get sidelined.

Incredibly dumb oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Rank progression is still based on K/D, rather than winning, so objectives get sidelined.

Incredibly dumb oversight.
    jeeeeeez no wonder i've been seeing such an extreme kill/murder/death mentality no matter the game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    why wouldnt it happen? Have you seen MCC from when it launched to now? Now granted it took a LONG time before it got to where it is now but it has changed drasticly several times and doesnt resemble the previous versions at all.

MCC would be more fun if it wasnt a halo 3 and reach jack off session every game. If you prefer 2 you sit for ages.

Give them some time to fix it. if they dont do shit then crucify them. Fuck i played halo 2 just to play it for years with no custom armor and a halfassed stat tracker that was third party and hardly anyone used.

Take MCC and halo 5 as an example of how much they will expand thier game. Both have had massive amounts of shit added in after launch, mindboggling amounts of shit.

besides, what else are we gona play right now? Bug riddled bf? another ww2 cod?
    @Nerraw

https://i.redd.it/qhmehye6nf281.png

It seems to be on their radar when they come back this week.

But @Zeta333 - granted I've barely played, but I get where the complaints are coming from. This kind of BP setup has never been well received, because it prevents folks from largely playing how they want or progressing smoothly. I agree with Nerraw the moment to moment gameplay is solid so far, but progression feels like it sucks and this kind of thing should be identified during testing.

It absolutely seems like they are using BP progression as a pain-point to encourage folks to spend money. That can be fine, but the sweet spot for that "pain-point" so that it's enough to encourage folks to spend money but not enough to dissuade folks is damned tiny.

Monetization is hard.

Unrelated: Does the game put you up against bots if you play normal matches? I assume not but I haven't been getting my ass kicked (doing surprisingly alright instead. Not great, but alright) like I expected and am wondering if maybe I still have a bit of shooter skill in me.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The problem would be solved imo if they let you have like 12 challenges going at one time. At least that way you could more passively complete challenges by playing normally. The way it is right now forces you to spend money on refresh items, that are themselves rewarded too gingerly.

I managed to get 15 warthog turret kills completed in a single big battle match, that was a lot of fun. PC mouse controls + turret is overpowered it seems.
    If they let you progress on all challenges at the same time, it would completely remove the need for challenge swaps. Ergo, the current approach is deliberate. They want to frustrate the players into spending money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    why wouldnt it happen? Have you seen MCC from when it launched to now? Now granted it took a LONG time before it got to where it is now but it has changed drasticly several times and doesnt resemble the previous versions at all.

MCC would be more fun if it wasnt a halo 3 and reach jack off session every game. If you prefer 2 you sit for ages.

Give them some time to fix it. if they dont do shit then crucify them. Fuck i played halo 2 just to play it for years with no custom armor and a halfassed stat tracker that was third party and hardly anyone used.

Take MCC and halo 5 as an example of how much they will expand thier game. Both have had massive amounts of shit added in after launch, mindboggling amounts of shit.

besides, what else are we gona play right now? Bug riddled bf? another ww2 cod?
    I did not play Halo from 2007 when I played 3 on a friend's 360 until Reach came out on PC in December 2019. And Halo 5 is not on PC. So I have no firsthand experience of how either game was conducted when originally launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    @Nerraw

https://i.redd.it/qhmehye6nf281.png

It seems to be on their radar when they come back this week.
    It's blown up so much that the BF community is making fun of the Halo community. They kinda can't not respond at this point.

But @Zeta333 - granted I've barely played, but I get where the complaints are coming from. This kind of BP setup has never been well received, because it prevents folks from largely playing how they want or progressing smoothly. I agree with Nerraw the moment to moment gameplay is solid so far, but progression feels like it sucks and this kind of thing should be identified during testing.
    It was. During both flights. They made it harder to unlock stuff for the actual release.

Unrelated: Does the game put you up against bots if you play normal matches? I assume not but I haven't been getting my ass kicked (doing surprisingly alright instead. Not great, but alright) like I expected and am wondering if maybe I still have a bit of shooter skill in me.
    Yes, bots will replace players. They are called "343 [name]".

Fun fact about the bots: Their armor is cross-matched across cores, which is something players can't do. Bots have more customization than humans in a game where the devs claimed they wanted every spartan to be unique. Instead everyone is either a samurai, a Pepsi can, or just in default armor.

Bonus fun fact about the bots: One of them is called "343 Free Money".
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2021-11-29 at 05:23 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's blown up so much that the BF community is making fun of the Halo community. They kinda can't not respond at this point.
    Heh, at least it's active. I think BF2042's pre-season was supposed to start but it hasn't yet.

Yes, bots will replace players. They are called "343 [name]".

Fun fact about the bots: Their armor is cross-matched across cores, which is something players can't do. Bots have more customization than humans in a game where the devs claimed they wanted every spartan to be unique. Instead everyone is either a samurai, a Pepsi can, or just in default armor.

Bonus fun fact about the bots: One of them is called "343 Free Money".
    Sweet, I was playing against real, live human beings! I feel better about myself that I can at least maintain a positive K/D ratio nowadays. I saw a lot of purple dudes so was wondering if maybe they were bots.

Oh, and let us not forget that the "free" event was advertised using the paid versions of the armor, not the one you actually get for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't feel right buying the full-priced campaign that presumably will lack diverse scenery since it takes place on a single Halo ring and also because it's launching 6 months (at the earliest) before coop comes out.

But I bought it anyways cuz it's Halo. I guess I'm part of the problem.

I got BF 2042 for free (funny story) and I've been having fun in that, using the around 240 kills every 40 minutes special spot to get gun attachments, going hard in Rocket League, and also playing FF14 so Infinite multiplayer's taken a backseat. 2042 is so incredibly buggy but I live to snipe and that game is basically a snipers wet dream.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-11-29 at 06:25 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except for all the people you get in your games who refuse to play the game because they're trying to do something specific for a challenge. Or if it's the wrong gamemode and they just quit outright, leaving you with a bot in their place until someone new joins. Who then also leaves because it's the wrong gamemode. The entire thing is tainted.
    I will never understand how developers can think this is a good idea in competitive match games....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I will never understand how developers can think this is a good idea in competitive match games....
    Easy answer: Purchasable challenge swaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    are the new changes enough? i dont think so. the monetization is still predatory
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    are the new changes enough? i dont think so. the monetization is still predatory
    But now you can earn nothing even faster!

As much as I hate the current system, I don't think its as easy as flipping a switch and making people happy.

Medal/performance based rewards aren't something you can just turn on. The UI's also designed to only handle so many challenges at once. I am surprised they haven't implemented at least a "win game" every match challenge like the 'play game' one though.

Battlepass stuff is also murky, people have already spent money on it. You can't just make new armor at the drop of the hat. If you move store items into it you risk pissing off those who already bought said store items. They could potentially move items that haven't shown up yet into it, but I imagine theres some coporate overlord resistance.

It would be great if the store wasn't some rotating fomo mess, but again, big UI and code changes to restructure it into an actual store.

If colors work how they claimed they did in a dev diary, having them work across armor cores/weapons/vehicles *should* be easy, but its possible that'd need testing.

Play lists should be easy to add. Its really unbelievable that they don't. But again, to properly add all the modes would probably be a UI change, its probably only meant to handle the usual modes + one event mode.

Overall I don't think we're going to see fixes to paid elements till season 2, where they have time to adjust and work with a clean slate rather than something someone already bought. The exp changes are just sort of the quickest fix they can get out to people.

Am I the only person that doesn't give a shit about Halo's shitty multiplayer and just hopes the campaign is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Am I the only person that doesn't give a shit about Halo's shitty multiplayer and just hopes the campaign is good?
    There's plenty of people that do, but there's not much to discuss that doesn't go into spoiler territory.

The multiplayer is out, the campaign is not. Not suprising one is discussed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    There's plenty of people that do, but there's not much to discuss that doesn't go into spoiler territory.

The multiplayer is out, the campaign is not. Not suprising one is discussed more.
    It's not even about the discussion, it's about people clearly playing something they don't enjoy. If you don't enjoy the MP progression... don't play it its a free game and didn't cost anybody shit. Maybe some people invested in the BP before realizing this but that would be their own fault in the end.

If the campaign sucks I guess people can complain since they had to pay for gamepass for it at minimum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    It doesn't change that people will leave games in droves if it isn't the gamemode they need for their challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not even about the discussion, it's about people clearly playing something they don't enjoy. If you don't enjoy the MP progression... don't play it its a free game and didn't cost anybody shit. Maybe some people invested in the BP before realizing this but that would be their own fault in the end.

If the campaign sucks I guess people can complain since they had to pay for gamepass for it at minimum lol.
    Ah yes, the 'didn't spend money, no right to complain' falacy.

People asking for a modern halo experience, and were willing to toss money at it. 343 has delivered a fairly decent multiplayer experience, but the microtransactions get more predatory the more you look into it.

I'd say 343 is lucky the game itself is fun, or else this drama around the store would sink them quick

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't care about the customization... especially to go outta my way and play a certain way. Most my playtime is in CE on PC where the only customization you got was your name and color. I don't wana play dress up barbie with my spartan. I just want to play some BTB and have fun. Not everyone thinks like that, and quits matches or griefs the match because they can't complete their challenges. Thats where my problem with the game comes into play. Hopefully their permanent solution involves match performance battle pass exp rather than challenges. Until their solution to that (and hopefully doing something about cheaters), just gonna avoid spoilers and play campaign next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Ah yes, the 'didn't spend money, no right to complain' falacy.
    If you want to call something a fallacy at least spell the word correctly.

Complaining about shitty cosmetic progression in a shitty played out respawn arena shooter that was a played out genre 15 years ago, that was given to players for free tells me people have nothing better to do with their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    which graphical option is responsible for shadow DRAW DISTANCE? i have shadow quality on high/ultra, yet the shadows load in on a relatively close distance. especially on big team maps

also, is there no option to turn mature language filter off? cant find it and searched through everything

is it intended i exit ADS (scope) when getting shot at or whatever?
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-12-02 at 04:16 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC