Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So they're totally setting up the Precursors, right? 343 have been diving heavily into the Forerunner stuff since they took over the franchise, and the one thing they haven't touched at all yet is their "original sin".
    God I hope not.

It wasn't interesting with the Forerunners, I don't trust their writing team to make this interesting or good.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    God I hope not.

It wasn't interesting with the Forerunners, I don't trust their writing team to make this interesting or good.
    They need more actual book writers then. Bring greg bear in to do this as he did fantastic with the forerunner trilogy.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    id bet 90% of people who played halo, did so couch co op style. probably more, it always has been a co op focus game. deff not meant to be played solo primarily. not to say its bad, its just, couch co op halo was THE THING to do.

they have completion medals and achievements for co op even. solo was more for a pve challenge if you can call it that.

- - - Updated - - -

yep no co op at all. 343 really mucked this game up.
    Yea, back when there were few games you could play with your friends - Halo being co-op was HUGE and the way a big chunk of gamers played and played with friends (since co-op is always slim pickings). Back when we had to have LAN parties because that was the best 'online gaming' could do .

Having co-op "later" really is a huge BASE feature to "have" to leave out for a later patch.

And what I've HEARD from early reviews - the single player game has a few fights that appear to be tuned for Co-op. I've seen that complaint from a couple of early reviews the last few days, but they were still able to 'beat the game' - just noted how much more frustrating/longer some fights were where the boss/mechanics were clearly built around having at least 2 to play.

Grain of salt of course for early reviews - but that is some of the feedback. They DID enjoy the campaign though too and felt the game was 'mostly/pretty' finished and done. Overall the reviews were positive - just noted that this was one of the complaints/observations.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Thanks Gamepass for allowing me to test this without paying much for it.

Performance was fine in the first act... then you hit the open world and holy moly baby jesus what the hell. Going from 110 frames in firefights to 50 is no bueno, not when the game overworld looks noticeably worse than Horizon Zero Dawn's port which runs flawlessly at nearly 100 FPS all the time on my 3070. And yes, I do have the latest drivers and have the settings at High instead of Ultra in case this happens. Ain't no way this game's frames should tank more than Cyberpunk with RTX enabled, sorries. At least shove DLSS in it if you can't be bothered to optimize your game.

Gameplay is... I mean it's more Halo. I didn't expect anything else truthfully but the only innovation is a grappling hook. That said it is fun to hook barrels and chuck them at fools for a oneshot, and the combat is decent if unspectacular. The physics also feel less floaty than in other Halos which is good, albeit the guns aren't anything to write home about in terms of feels with a few exceptions, at least so far. But boss fights against basic enemies given hugely bloated health bar and damage? Tsk tsk, Halo, this is not the way.

Story I couldn't care less about. That Weapon character is pretty annoying, it feels like she's just Cortana but with a MCU-esque quip every 30 seconds. And there's way too much boring exposition.

Doubtful I'll finish this. I'll soon be back to Forza and an actually good open world shooty explody game.

EDIT: Dunno what happened, maybe it was a hotfix because there were no new drivers but performance is now... better even if nowhere near good. I'm getting 70-75ish in open world traversal and 60-65 in firefights. The 60 FPS still feels a bit choppy in a first person title tho, especially after playing games like Doom Eternal that look a lot better and can run at 144 if I turn off RTX. But it's playable so I won't overly complain even if I think the title is nowhere near good looking enough to warrant such poor performance.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2021-12-10 at 03:06 AM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea, back when there were few games you could play with your friends - Halo being co-op was HUGE and the way a big chunk of gamers played and played with friends (since co-op is always slim pickings). Back when we had to have LAN parties because that was the best 'online gaming' could do .

Having co-op "later" really is a huge BASE feature to "have" to leave out for a later patch.

And what I've HEARD from early reviews - the single player game has a few fights that appear to be tuned for Co-op. I've seen that complaint from a couple of early reviews the last few days, but they were still able to 'beat the game' - just noted how much more frustrating/longer some fights were where the boss/mechanics were clearly built around having at least 2 to play.

Grain of salt of course for early reviews - but that is some of the feedback. They DID enjoy the campaign though too and felt the game was 'mostly/pretty' finished and done. Overall the reviews were positive - just noted that this was one of the complaints/observations.
    Theres only maybe one boss fight I could say is tuned for co-op. Theres a couple encounters (not bosses) late game that could be made significantly easier on co-op. The 2 banished hunters in the auditorium were absolutely brutal on heroic. I probably spent an hour and a half on that one fight. You'd try to weave them and you'd get hung up for a split second then get shield smashed or deep fried by their ravager canon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Youtube gave me 3 months of gamepass for free so I downloaded it and the gameplay is pretty good on hard mode. I've only played 1 like 12 years ago so i have no idea whats going on in the story though. Doubt I'm missing much since it's still baby's first rooty tooty point n shooty
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-12-10 at 07:31 AM.

Playing it on a series S, and it feels good to play, and visually cool. I guess the story is so and so, but in a shooter game, gameplay is what I care most about personally. Though a humanity is almost extinct story sits well for me

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Youtube gave me 3 months of gamepass for free so I downloaded it and the gameplay is pretty good on hard mode. I've only played 1 like 12 years ago so i have no idea whats going on in the story though. Doubt I'm missing much since it's still baby's first rooty tooty point n shooty
    i dont think anyone knows whats going on tbh, from what i can tell you needed to play a starcraft style game and have read a couple of books to know what happened between 5 and this.

First act was awful, about 50% of it was video exposition, why replace cortana with 'shit cortana', AI seemed really poor, i didnt bother changing off the mangler, two headshots per brute and they only really stood still aiming at where i was. I nearly deleted it

Then i got on to the world and loved it, really slick fps imho and obviously being a former wow player, quests dotted around a map that i can do in any order immediately turned the addict in me on, i had to force myself off the game as i had work in the morning.

a few issues only one related to gameplay - AI seemed awful, no coop - terrible this cant be difficult to do surely?, lack of multiplayer - it cant be difficult to go on a map and say 'all weapon drops are snipers, all players start with snipers' or 'start with BR, body damage is 0, head damage is a 150'. I dont want to play odd ball, no one does, really really disappointed with this.

Hopefully my next play through on legendary will last me until they actually make multiplayer reasonable

10+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck do u COMPLETE the weekly challenges in multiplayer?
    new ones just keep popping up, what the hell???
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how the fuck do u COMPLETE the weekly challenges in multiplayer?
    new ones just keep popping up, what the hell???
    Yeah you need to do like 10 of them, but because 343 wants to squeeze as much money out of you as possible, you can only work on 3 or 4 (with bp) of them at the same time. Don't like the challenges you have? Buy some challenge swaps :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah you need to do like 10 of them, but because 343 wants to squeeze as much money out of you as possible, you can only work on 3 or 4 (with bp) of them at the same time. Don't like the challenges you have? Buy some challenge swaps :^)
    but are all of them REQUIRED for the weekly reward, or are some just random that i SHOULD swap?
    because they have different colors. dont know what that means. grey, light blue and darker blue i think

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I have a 2080 super and a 5950x. It can tank down to sub 30 in firefights. I am gonna try some of those adjustments. Just got past the 2nd "real" boss. Enjoying it so far, but I might start blasting it to finish the story so its not spoiled then replay once performance is fixed.
    You have the exact same system as I do, I run it on high at 3440x1440 and I am constant 50+. Dunno how you are getting such a different experience

Great game (campaign), but too little ammo for the guns. I prefer a game where you dont have to worry about running out all the time.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    but are all of them REQUIRED for the weekly reward, or are some just random that i SHOULD swap?
    because they have different colors. dont know what that means. grey, light blue and darker blue i think
    Yes, you need to do all of the weeklies until you run out.

10+ Year Old Account
    can i have both STEAM multiplayer installed and then get XBOX game pass for the campaign and install that too? they are basically 2 sames games, so is that even possible to do?
    if yes, would it somehow fuck up my steam settings, or anything bad in general would happen?

has anyone ACTUALLY done this and can relate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    You have the exact same system as I do, I run it on high at 3440x1440 and I am constant 50+. Dunno how you are getting such a different experience
    Yeah after adjusting my settings I pretty much get 50-70. Upper 80s indoors. All my stuff is stock, and the CPU is getting RMA'd for some issues I am having so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Great game (campaign), but too little ammo for the guns. I prefer a game where you dont have to worry about running out all the time.
    I actually thought it was just right. I used the BR as my primary gun and it felt like when I started running low on ammo there was another BR or ammo crate nearby. Halo 4 and 5 were brutal with ammo constraints + the enemies were super bullet spongy. Plus it helps the weapons sandbox is really good for campaign so you don't feel like you are suffering when you run outta ammo and have to deal with the promethean weapons like in other 343 games.

can i have both STEAM multiplayer installed and then get XBOX game pass for the campaign and install that too? they are basically 2 sames games, so is that even possible to do?
    if yes, would it somehow fuck up my steam settings, or anything bad in general would happen?

has anyone ACTUALLY done this and can relate?
    You have to download it through the Xbox app, unless someone has figured out how to on steam. Most of your settings will carry over, it reads the same settings file as the steam version. Keybinds don't though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    You have to download it through the Xbox app, unless someone has figured out how to on steam. Most of your settings will carry over, it reads the same settings file as the steam version. Keybinds don't though.
    that im aware of, and its a sacrifice im willing to take, but 'most' settings carried over, and none of the keybinds doesnt sound appealing...
    but anyhow, are you 100% sure i can have BOTH the steam and xbox app halo infinite installed on the same computer?
    wont it conflict somehow, or even not allow me to install the xbox app version, since i already have the steam one? and the multiplayer module i play on steam is basically the base game. campaign is just a DLC in this case.

dont wanna fuck my shit up, just because cheap xbox pass promotion is tempting...

10+ Year Old Account
    that im aware of, and its a sacrifice im willing to take, but 'most' settings carried over, and none of the keybinds doesnt sound appealing...
    but anyhow, are you 100% sure i can have BOTH the steam and xbox app halo infinite installed on the same computer?
    wont it conflict somehow, or even not allow me to install the xbox app version, since i already have the steam one? and the multiplayer module i play on steam is basically the base game. campaign is just a DLC in this case.

dont wanna fuck my shit up, just because cheap xbox pass promotion is tempting...
    Yeah, I installed the Xbox app version to play campaign. Went back to the steam version and everything is the same.

finally got my disk and it was nice to learn despite ordering the physically disk i still needed to be online to finish installing it to play it. wtf
    all i can say to that is FU 343.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any way to disable enemy armor customization colors in multiplayer? and i dont mean the shield colors that u can change in options.

i often get fooled by the armor color. its so badly telegraphed. when the enemy has full shield its only an outline, similarly to this when the shields are off. its mostly visible only when about to pop.
    for example i get killed by ppl in default grey armor, cuz i cant differentiate them from my allies amidst gunfight. cant u make them all say red or yellow? i think thats how it worked in previous halo games