M Nyalotha - Arms Warrior Trinkets & stats - ARC vs Pocket-Sized, Mastery?

Hey guys,

I currently sport a Vita and Humming Black Dragonscale, both 460 - Humming has a socket. I've been looking at parses on Subcreation.net and I'm seeing a lot of arms warriors opting to pair Vita with Pocket-Sized Computation Device (with the haste proc) instead of ARC.

I do have a PSCD with the right punchcards but I haven't had much luck getting an ARC. I'm wondering if I should keep bothering to farm it or not - any insight or hands on experience would be ideal

Also, I've noticed some Arms warrior opting for +mastery gems over more Haste - what's the logic behind that?

- A relatively freshly returned warrior

Thanks

I don't know about trinkets I am using same trinkets as you with higher ilvls. never bottered with others.

the main reason they go mastery gems is that there is no ST progression anymore. Normally Crit is better on ST and Mastery on AoE. Since mytic raid is easy content right now they go for haste/mastery build for M+ (and of course it is also better for many raid bosses where there are adds).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taji View Post
    Hey guys,

I currently sport a Vita and Humming Black Dragonscale, both 460 - Humming has a socket. I've been looking at parses on Subcreation.net and I'm seeing a lot of arms warriors opting to pair Vita with Pocket-Sized Computation Device (with the haste proc) instead of ARC.

I do have a PSCD with the right punchcards but I haven't had much luck getting an ARC. I'm wondering if I should keep bothering to farm it or not - any insight or hands on experience would be ideal

Also, I've noticed some Arms warrior opting for +mastery gems over more Haste - what's the logic behind that?

- A relatively freshly returned warrior

Thanks
    I would put PSCD over HBD. If you have the right red puchcard (subroutin: recalibration) + a haste+crit or haste+mastery yellow card it is a better trinket then HBD. Note that you need that specific red card, the haste proc one you get for free is not good. Subroutin recalibration is the one that drop from king meca in hard mode only.

Coral is best for some fight in Raid. It's by far the best trinket for pure ST but it's not that much better than PSCD when there is adds. On pure adds fight like hivemind etc PSCD is just better. Coral just makes your execute insane...
    I would keep farming for it as it is a fun trinket and only takes about 1h to kill 4 boss in EP.

in M+ Coral is shit and PSCD + Vita is your best combo.

A quick note that HBD is not a bad trinket and is very much a good all around trinket.

Finally warrior gems mastery only for M+. In raid there is no reason to gems anything but haste. Mastery is a very strong AOE stats and it gets better the more haste you have. Mastery gems for M+ is only really a thing if you can be above 55-60% haste without haste gems.

It's pretty fight dependent. Razor Coral shines on encounters where you can pretty much stick to one target the entire time without risk of it falling off/big periods of downtime, which is why it dominates the rankings on single target encounters & encounters like Xanesh where there's 2-target cleave to be done but you can still sit on the boss the entire time.

On bosses like Drestagath where you can't really build up good stacks, going for the PSCD is the safer play, as it's always going to be giving you something. The Coral can still shine on encounters like Ilgynoth, Carapace, & N'zoth, but the difference between it & the PSCD is smaller on such bosses, while also being more of a pain to use. It's still entirely worth it if your group needs that extra consistent damage in the execute phase, though.

I'd still try get a Coral as it's only 30 mins of farm on a weekly basis. Just have a look at logs before hand to see where it sees the most use & where it doesn't - it's typically a good indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I would put PSCD over HBD. If you have the right red puchcard (subroutin: recalibration) + a haste+crit or haste+mastery yellow card it is a better trinket then HBD. Note that you need that specific red card, the haste proc one you get for free is not good. Subroutin recalibration is the one that drop from king meca in hard mode only.
    Ah I actually wasn't aware of the recalibration card from hard mode - thanks for clarifying.

Regarding the Mastery point, is that why I see plenty of M+ warriors sporting blood of the enemy as a primary essence too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's pretty fight dependent. Razor Coral shines on encounters where you can pretty much stick to one target the entire time without risk of it falling off/big periods of downtime, which is why it dominates the rankings on single target encounters & encounters like Xanesh where there's 2-target cleave to be done but you can still sit on the boss the entire time.

On bosses like Drestagath where you can't really build up good stacks, going for the PSCD is the safer play, as it's always going to be giving you something. The Coral can still shine on encounters like Ilgynoth, Carapace, & N'zoth, but the difference between it & the PSCD is smaller on such bosses, while also being more of a pain to use. It's still entirely worth it if your group needs that extra consistent damage in the execute phase, though.

I'd still try get a Coral as it's only 30 mins of farm on a weekly basis. Just have a look at logs before hand to see where it sees the most use & where it doesn't - it's typically a good indicator.
    Got it - that's a good point. Looks like I'll keep farming for it then and use when appropriate

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taji View Post
    Regarding the Mastery point, is that why I see plenty of M+ warriors sporting blood of the enemy as a primary essence too?
    BOTE is very strong in m+ if trash live long enough. The goal is to build a big TOM with a good CS + SS if possible. Once you have a big TOM you BOTE + BS and the pacts just melt. You need most pack to live long enough to set up a good TOM to make it worth. If you end up running BOTE, on boss you use it for execute window. If possible when TOM is up.

If trash dies to fast you can run lucide for a better ST build or if stuff dies rly rly fast just run beam.

BOTE is very strong in m+ if trash live long enough. The goal is to build a big TOM with a good CS + SS if possible. Once you have a big TOM you BOTE + BS and the pacts just melt. You need most pack to live long enough to set up a good TOM to make it worth. If you end up running BOTE, on boss you use it for execute window. If possible when TOM is up.

If trash dies to fast you can run lucide for a better ST build or if stuff dies rly rly fast just run beam.
    One little thing to add to this is that, if you can, try to find a tank to play with on a regular basis & explain to him/her how your Test of Might works. Because of the 10+ second CS/ToM build-up before you're able to Bladestorm, popping CS on the last 10 seconds of the previous pack & having the tank pull the next one easily allows for much more value from the ToM/BotE/Storm combo.

Very interesting! I wasn't aware that was the ideal rotation for M+, as I've mostly been tanking M+ and going arms for raiding. Thanks for the insight!