Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have been trying lfr in prepatch... It feels like I'm doing nothing at all in raids. Just filling a spot.
    f signatures

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    There really isn't a "bad" choice if you're not going for mythic raiding or gladiator, you will be able to clear 99% of content even with an "unviable" spec
    The thing is, every class SHOULD have atleast 1 viable option for high end play in every tier of pve/pvp. The "pure" and "hybrid" tax options don't cut it anymore when you look at homogenization and diversity of toolkit every class brings to the game, never mind each individual spec. Retribution aura for Holy Paladins is just one of those nonsnese abilities, how does that help a healer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    The thing is, every class SHOULD have atleast 1 viable option for high end play in every tier of pve/pvp. The "pure" and "hybrid" tax options don't cut it anymore when you look at homogenization and diversity of toolkit every class brings to the game, never mind each individual spec. Retribution aura for Holy Paladins is just one of those nonsnese abilities, how does that help a healer?
    Sure, but that's not always going to be the case, but my point still stands, even if a spec isn't brought in raids in mythic guilds doesn't mean its unplayable trash

Sure, but that's not always going to be the case, but my point still stands, even if a spec isn't brought in raids in mythic guilds doesn't mean its unplayable trash
    There is a difference between "unplayable" "trash" and uncompetitive. Rather than impress eachother's opinions on one another, lets just agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    There is a difference between "unplayable" "trash" and uncompetitive. Rather than impress eachother's opinions on one another, lets just agree to disagree.
    Sure, all i'm trying to say is that OP isn't making a mistake in rolling holy paladin

Give me some blessings in disguise. Holy dots batman. Light vs dark. Ret. I wanna paladin tank as an alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to check out simulationcrafts stoof. Why isn’t it available? Prepatch?

7+ Year Old Account
    Made a holy paladin to tinker with. Have not played much since MOP so I am not too familiar with the legion/bfa designs(as I know many classes are based on elements of those expansions).

It seems fairly well laid out design wise and does make sense to me. Reward melee range healing with holy power generation via crusader strike and mastery. I like the damage options while holy, I like the mix of casts and instants, I like the auras. But infusion seems meh. Increased healing on a long heal feels kind of not worth being excited about. Would be better if its effect was something like cast speed or an added shield as opposed to added healing.

Quote Originally Posted by escalprillo View Post
    I have been trying lfr in prepatch... It feels like I'm doing nothing at all in raids. Just filling a spot.
    Holy seems to be filling the same role it did in BFA. Spot healing, and you can do it absurdly well with all the instant single target heals you've got.

Also it seems, at least from what I've played, to be a strong pick for M+ too. Being able to use most of your cooldowns both offensively and defensively opens up a lot of flexibilty in how you want to approach them and the shear quantity of potential cooldowns means you're going to be able to have something up for every single pull.

Naturally, as you scale up the number of players in the group Paladins are going to lose ground. When everyone is in Healing Rains, Effloresence etc (Especially in LFR where there's barely anything to heal anyway), then you're not going to have much work left over to do. Paladins are good at healing players who need to deal with mechanics however, particularly if those mechanics involve the player in question taking bursts of damage. Again, Ny'alotha isn't too heavy on those mechanics on LFR outside of maybe Ra'den and bouncing his ball.

Where I'm going with this is you might want to try out some other kinds of content before writting of the spec entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    It seems fairly well laid out design wise and does make sense to me. Reward melee range healing with holy power generation via crusader strike and mastery. I like the damage options while holy, I like the mix of casts and instants, I like the auras. But infusion seems meh. Increased healing on a long heal feels kind of not worth being excited about. Would be better if its effect was something like cast speed or an added shield as opposed to added healing.
    I think at the moment Holy may generate too much Holy Power. I've had to be dumping a lot of it into Shield of the Righteous. Admitedly gear does play a big part in that, even without Corruptions I still have a lot of Haste which reduces both the CD of Holy Shock and Crusader Strike. The bonus is that Holy really does put in work in the damage department. It might not always be high damage, but it's constant.

I do like Seraphim too. It's got some nice synergy with Beacon of Virtue and you can push out some impressive burst healing in a very short window across a small group.

Which is, I think, the most interesting part of the prepatch talents. There's talents that have such clear and obvious interactions that, on paper at least, there's several functional builds that you can switch up depending on content. That may change going forwards as we lose some of the Azerite traits that are propping up some talents, but for the moment I've been just fine with a couple of the builds I've tried out, mostly just to see if they worked. They were fine in 15-18 keys, not super high of course, but enough to show that they're functional as far as talents go.

As for Infusion of Light, it formerly gave Flash of Light a healing increase and reduced Holy Lights cast time. I suppose it was a little unclear though, since it effectively flipped the role between them. The current version asks you to decide if you'd like to conserve mana or push out more healing so it's got more gameplay attached, even if it's slightly less fun to play with.

I personally believe, they should take the beacons off the GCD.

Do that, and you've got a happy paladin.

It worked well good in MoP.

I'm still as powerful pre-patch as I was before, especially on N'Zoth, this will ofcourse change in due course when we Shadowlands properly hits in November. I have seen a lot of videos on youtube and holy Paladin dungeon healing should be fine so long as you remember how we were in Cataclysm, i think that mindset will still apply of manag management and not seeing players at 100% hp, with micromanagement of health bars. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post

agreed on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post

3rd, NEVER understood why they took this away. Throwing a beacon of faith on a target a millisecond before I healed them was an essential part of the class to me.

That's because if you have more than two halfway competent healers then everybody else is sitting around twiddling thumbs in LFR because there simply isn't enough damage to heal. Everybody's either doing DPS or trying to snipe the other healers to not look completely useless on the meters.

It's funny, that holy pallis got holy power back, something Noone asked for, but mw monk don't get the chi/manatea resources back many asked for... Blizzlogic lol