Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Tbh I feel making it cross realm, or loosening the raid lockout, will make it actually much harder for guilds to maintain a stable roster unless they are really well established and good.

It’ll be so easy to trial/guild hop.

you are asking way too much. if mythic raiding is cross realm day 1, then guilds must be cross realm. if guilds are cross realm, then guild bank is cross realm. if guild bank is cross realm, then item trading is cross realm. if item trading is cross realm, then gold trading is cross realm, as well as auction house is cross realm. if all of this happens, then why bother having individual realms? just make the auction house 1 giant auction house that encompases the entire player base.

mythic raiding being not cross realm is the only thing keeping realm identity a thing. with no realm, everyone is anonymous and nobody recognizes anyone out in the open world. you are just surrounded by bots/NPC's that act like players.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2020-08-04 at 04:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean kinda but it doesn't really touch on the here and now. The genie is out of the bottle you can't put it back. At this point the only locked content from cross realm is mythic for a few months. Outside of trying to draw in some transfer money I struggle to see why it has that restriction. Realm communities are dead and buried at this point.
    Well, kind of yes, but... hope dies last
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-08-04 at 07:01 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I like how I've given you the exact reason realm communities still matter at least a dozen times throughout this thread and you're still here saying, "must be because Blizzard wants transfer money." Are you being intentionally dense?
    Do you really think mythic raiders are involved with their realm?

The reason why they consume more realm transfers then most groups is because if a guild falls apart there is really enough spots for them to keep raiding on their schedules.

Its rare any mythic raider is involved with more then their direct guild mates and maybe one other guild. PvPers do tend to socialize more I will grant you.

Do you really think mythic raiders are involved with their realm?

The reason why they consume more realm transfers then most groups is because if a guild falls apart there is really enough spots for them to keep raiding on their schedules.

Its rare any mythic raider is involved with more then their direct guild mates and maybe one other guild. PvPers do tend to socialize more I will grant you.
    Uh what?

The argument is that Blizzard cares about realm identity because of the large number of returning players who populate dead/dying realms at the beginning of an expansion. Also, the server transfer cost has more to do with preventing players from abusing the feature than it does anything financial for Blizzard. We're talking maybe, at most, a problem which negatively impacts two to three thousand players altogether versus the experience of quite literally millions of players who, even if they only play for a month or two, each will pay $15 for each month they're subscribed.

Uh what?

The argument is that Blizzard cares about realm identity because of the large number of returning players who populate dead/dying realms at the beginning of an expansion. Also, the server transfer cost has more to do with preventing players from abusing the feature than it does anything financial for Blizzard. We're talking maybe, at most, a problem which negatively impacts two to three thousand players altogether versus the experience of quite literally millions of players who, even if they only play for a month or two, each will pay $15 for each month they're subscribed.
    Abuse how?

That happened once in firelands and they immediately changed it so it couldn't be done again...

Also what is this dead realm nonsense? They stitch dead realms together into massive rotting abominations as what players are left flee to raid realms where they can progress.

You just spout nonsense... lfr players play lfr. What are they going to do with a realm community they never interact with? For that matter what content is left for these average joe players to do within their own realms?

Having meaningful memories made over waiting for the quest mob they are going to two shot to respawn?

Abuse how?

That happened once in firelands and they immediately changed it so it couldn't be done again...

Also what is this dead realm nonsense? They stitch dead realms together into massive rotting abominations as what players are left flee to raid realms where they can progress.

You just spout nonsense... lfr players play lfr. What are they going to do with a realm community they never interact with? For that matter what content is left for these average joe players to do within their own realms?

Having meaningful memories made over waiting for the quest mob they are going to two shot to respawn?
    Do you actually think players wouldn't abuse the fuck out of free transfers? LOL. Okay. Sure. I'm the one spouting nonsense.

Also, coming back to a game and finding out a realm that you've played on for nearly two decades mysteriously disappeared is a feeling I'm sure Blizzard wants to put off as long as possible. If you feel comfortable speaking on behalf of the millions of returning players (as others have in this thread) by implying that this "doesn't matter," that's fine. Just understand that Blizzard disagrees with you and that's the actual reason megaservers and cross-realm raiding off the bat haven't happened already.

Do you actually think players wouldn't abuse the fuck out of free transfers? LOL. Okay. Sure. I'm the one spouting nonsense.

Also, coming back to a game and finding out a realm that you've played on for nearly two decades mysteriously disappeared is a feeling I'm sure Blizzard wants to put off as long as possible. If you feel comfortable speaking on behalf of the millions of returning players (as others have in this thread) by implying that this "doesn't matter," that's fine. Just understand that Blizzard disagrees with you and that's the actual reason megaservers and cross-realm raiding off the bat haven't happened already.
    I am not talking about transfers I am talking about making mythic cross realm from the get go of each patch.

You seem to be rather lost in the conversation... everything is cross realm yes even mythic it simply has a time limit. I want the time limit removed I care very little about your rp community or whatever it is you think a server community is at this point.

I am not talking about transfers I am talking about making mythic cross realm from the get go of each patch.

You seem to be rather lost in the conversation... everything is cross realm yes even mythic it simply has a time limit. I want the time limit removed I care very little about your rp community or whatever it is you think a server community is at this point.
    Holy fuck my dude. Can you try reading my fucking post? You know, the part where I explained multiple fucking times that it's not an "RP community" I'm defending, it's the return of millions of players who come back at the beginning of an expansion.

Holy fuck my dude. Can you try reading my fucking post? You know, the part where I explained multiple fucking times that it's not an "RP community" I'm defending, it's the return of millions of players who come back at the beginning of an expansion.
    I am.... you are either lost or unable to express yourself in a comprehensible fashion.

Everything is cross realm. Your trying to preserve a empty dead husk. What your afraid of has already occurred.

I am.... you are either lost or unable to express yourself in a comprehensible fashion.

Everything is cross realm. Your trying to preserve a empty dead husk. What your afraid of has already occurred.
    Mother of fucking Christ.

You actually don't get it. I don't know how much plainer English I could type what I've said now four times in the last fucking page. You're either being intentionally ignorant or you simply cannot read. I don't care at this point because it's not worth typing out a fifth time. Have a good day.

Mother of fucking Christ.

You actually don't get it. I don't know how much plainer English I could type what I've said now four times in the last fucking page. You're either being intentionally ignorant or you simply cannot read. I don't care at this point because it's not worth typing out a fifth time. Have a good day.
    Let me make this so simple anyone can get it.

Right now all content is cross realm. ALL OF IT.

Now to offset one of the only content that requires a fixed schedule to run I would like to see the only time gated cross realm content made cross realm from the get go.

See how easy that is without you spouting out nonsense about "muh megaservers"

my guess its about money. A lot of players wont use the realm transfer service and then they loose some money income.

I want to be able to mythic raid with a pug without all the hassles. There is no good reason to require me to join a guild just so I can ensure that the raid group doesn't disband after some random boss. I should be able to continue raiding the same as heroic raiding, just with more difficulty and mechanics.

Let me make this so simple anyone can get it.

Right now all content is cross realm. ALL OF IT.
    If Blizzard removes the only fucking thing left which identifies a realm from another realm then why the fuck even have realms in the first place? I said this in my first fucking post on this topic. Your argument sucks. It isn't happening. It has nothing to do with Blizzard wanting to extort players for server transfer money and cynically framing your argument in such a way is not only disingenuous but entirely ignores all of the reasons Blizzard doesn't do this. I've tried to be kind and explain this repeatedly but you keep bringing about the same silly circular logic and are seemingly entirely resistant to the fact that the world doesn't work the way you think it should. I'm done with this topic.

If Blizzard removes the only fucking thing left which identifies a realm from another realm then why the fuck even have realms in the first place? I said this in my first fucking post on this topic. Your argument sucks. It isn't happening. It has nothing to do with Blizzard wanting to extort players for server transfer money and cynically framing your argument in such a way is not only disingenuous but entirely ignores all of the reasons Blizzard doesn't do this. I've tried to be kind and explain this repeatedly but you keep bringing about the same silly circular logic and are seemingly entirely resistant to the fact that the world doesn't work the way you think it should. I'm done with this topic.
    Why have realms in the first place?

No one quests together... dungeon groups are made via a program or manually cross server.

You are talking about realms like they matter beyond the mythic race they don't. Hell I am not all that certain most low pop realms even kill the end boss before cross faction mythic opens up it is why we have hall of fame over server first.

Times change.

Why have realms in the first place?

No one quests together... dungeon groups are made via a program or manually cross server.

You are talking about realms like they matter beyond the mythic race they don't. Hell I am not all that certain most low pop realms even kill the end boss before cross faction mythic opens up it is why we have hall of fame over server first.

Times change.
    Times change but that doesn't mean Blizzard needs to completely re-evaluate the way they approach realm identity in the game because of your personal disagreement.

Times change but that doesn't mean Blizzard needs to completely re-evaluate the way they approach realm identity in the game because of your personal disagreement.
    Times change but we will simply pretend they haven't now time to go enjoy my server community by pugging mythic+ cross realm. Hitting some lfr cross realm, and pvping cross realm while I knock out the first three bosses on mythic cross realm.

Man I love my server community.

Guilds just need to be folded into communities as a singular functional cross-realm unit somehow. That'd solve a lot of problems. But I don't think it's a problem Blizzard wants to fix when guild raiding isn't like a huge multi-million-players thing, and they know they can monetize the niche they have with server transfers. I mean, you can see people out in the world and talk to them and play with them from different servers. There is no point in not doing it other than to make money off of transfers.