Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Move to southeast asia and you won't complain about cold weather again. xD
    I like the weather in the SEA.
    But, I only visited during Feb and March months. Hot and dry, just the way I like it.
    I heard June/July weather is terrible

42c yesterday with the humidity in NB. In the winter we get as low as -40c too sometimes lmao. I also wear no shirt in both extremes since I apparently am some kind of proto human who can withstand unrealistic temperatures.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, same day's of reliefe, today minimum temperature supposed to go to 18ºC (no longer a tropical temperature), and tomorrow to drop to 17ºC, at least i can refresh my house for a short whille.

We have one more day of this shit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rain and thunderstorms on next 4 days....i guess i will stick to conzoles for a few days lol.
    But yeah hot weather whole damn week was not fun and AC was running all the time.

On bright side... i will be able to go out and pick some mushrums probaly:

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It is still summer. Look for more. We are getting a break starting today, with highs in the upper 70's early next week. But it really does not start to get consistently nice for me until we hit mid October.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    So yes, its time for this to come up, once again. It's summer, and the hot day's have came back. This year, at least here, we not dealing with extreme temperatures, but instead, the problem is the continuous hot temperatures. In normal years, after a heat wave temperatures return to normal and you can have a few day's of peace until next heat wave comes, but this year, its just hot day after hot day, today we got 38.5ºC (101.3 F), temperatures haven't dinged 40ºC (104 F) yet, but every single day we have tropical nights (temperatures above 20ºC) with the max temperature around 37-38, when the normal is the max not going over 35.

I don't have ac, so i'm asking, what do you do in this sort of situations?
    Get a fan an sleep butt naked.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Wear the least amount of clothing possible, keep good air circulation in your home but limit direct sunlight.

If you don't have A/C other than a fan or open window, there isn't much you can do aside from suffering through it.

When I was in India and Florida, the heat and humidity were like a living hellscape. In India, many places lacked A/C, and the A/C was often pitiful where available.

I swear the air was so so thick at times when I was in India I could close my fist empty in front of me, open my fingers, and have a pool of water in my palm. Vietnam and Laos are outrageously humid too. Not much you can do, people just deal/suffer through it for the most part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is still summer. Look for more. We are getting a break starting today, with highs in the upper 70's early next week. But it really does not start to get consistently nice for me until we hit mid October.

Here ya go
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Gorgeous picture! Thanks. Fall is my favorite time of the year.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple minutes to 23:00 and its getting really fresh outside, forecast say's temperature will drop to 17ºC tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the subtropical belt of Straya.

Spring/Summer/Autumn without AC is fans, windows, fans, water, fans, quantity > quality showers and fans.

Soft, cushion-ey mattresses etc are your worst enemy at night, I have a firm grandpa's mattress.

Some homes are easier than others in the hot weather - old building practices in my state prioritised crosswind-friendly wooden homes which go very well in the summer, but feel awfully cold the moment the outdoor temperature dips below 25C for the few months of winter. Lots of modern homes have gone full cookie cutter and feel like ovens in the summer here, so for poorer families in those homes without proper AC they tend to get the substantially cheaper portable units.

Owning a black car in a hot place is a character building experience.

Otherwise just deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was 61 F this morning. Suppose to be a high of 78 F today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Was 61 F this morning. Suppose to be a high of 78 F today.
    Woke up at 6 am and it was 52. Although the high is supposed to get to 92.

By Thursday the high was supposed to drop to 81 and the low 44.

I still can't get over how quick the temperature drop around here once the onshore wind start pushing the marine layer inland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not imagine life without AC here, it's 25c+ at night outside.

I basically have AC on 24/7, electricity bill will spike hard, but I don't care - it's impossible to sleep otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    ... it's impossible to sleep otherwise.
    Yeah, same thing here . I've been sleeping no more then 4 hours per day in last weeks. In winther i normally sleep 8h.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, same thing here . I've been sleeping no more then 4 hours per day in last weeks. In winther i normally sleep 8h.
    I don't know about all these ice buckets and fans and what not suggested here, but IMO, at some point it's better to cave and get AC installed, they aren't really that expensive and even a small, cheap AC unit just for the bedroom would be a huge help.

I can't afford to not sleep, I need to drive to work for good 40 minutes and ofc return later on and sleepless nights can end up in disaster far more expensive than this $USD1k or some such AC might cost, if I would not have it already.

Maybe consider some mobile AC unit - they are pretty cheap, relatively and don't need special installation. I understand they do the work (somewhat, could knock a couple degrees off which might be all you need), although might be noisy, but with noise you can deal at least with earplugs or some such.

I don't have ac, so i'm asking, what do you do in this sort of situations?
    I'd move or get AC. I didn't have AC as a kid but our summers were usually in the 80s F with occasional 90F days. Now we get 90+ days all summer long and I had AC installed as soon as we moved in. I wouldn't live without it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I'd move or get AC. I didn't have AC as a kid but our summers were usually in the 80s F with occasional 90F days. Now we get 90+ days all summer long and I had AC installed as soon as we moved in. I wouldn't live without it now.
    If you are going to move, here is a list of coolest US cities in summer and hottest US cities in summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Woke up at 6 am and it was 52. Although the high is supposed to get to 92.

By Thursday the high was supposed to drop to 81 and the low 44.

I still can't get over how quick the temperature drop around here once the onshore wind start pushing the marine layer inland.
    That is a large difference! It is generally cooler out here where I live than in the nearest city of 50-60k pop. Back in the early 80's, during one winter, the temps dropped to -34 F. In that city, it was only down to -19 F on the same day. The record however for Ohio is -39 F.

I remember one summer hot day, it was in the mid 90's out here in the country, in the city, it was over 100. We have a natural spring which furnishes us with the water we use. If you walk down into the gully it has formed after unknown icons of water erosion, you feel like you are walking into a AC building. The gully is shaded by large trees and the water temp is a constant 54 F, year around.