Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    As others have said, I can’t imagine healing with a controller. Especially in a game with constant incoming damage and frantic damage windows while picking priority targets. Seems like it would need a massive game design overhaul to pull it off.
    Maybe, but with something like using the right analog stick with customizable sensitivity being able to work, it seems like you’d have to angle your right hand down (instead of sideways) to allow your index and middle finger to press buttons, which then seems to limit usage of shoulder buttons.
    I’d say it’s possible, but keyboard and mouse just seem much more user friendly and responsive.

  2. #182
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wow has been on a path to console release for years.

    They’ve stripped abilities, dumbed the game down to the point a caveman can succeed in it, and recently added controller support

    All roads lead to console
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    S.H.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV disagree's with you and people have been playing WoW with a controller for years.

    There isn't one class in WoW that is harder to play than a class in FFXIV and FFXIV also has a ton of boss mechanics in both raids and dungeons in comparison to WoW's.
    People have been playing WoW with a controller yes, but they absolutely suck. It's undeniably worse.

    FFXIV has a much longer GCD which allows for it to be easier to control with a controller. It also has delay and absolutely awful PvP, meaning precision of control is less important.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Some people can't play, at all, unless it's a controller they're using. This is meant to aid disabled people, to give them a chance to enjoy the game as well.

    If you, without any disability choose to play like this is just because you're too lazy for this world. And we know many will, but let's not drive away from the main purpose and be happy it was added.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with the controller functionality being supported at all, but rather with the notion that WoW might be simplified and slowed down for the purpose of feeling good to play on one. The former has no consequences on its own, while the latter means the game becomes even less interesting in combat than it currently is.

  4. #184
    I am Murloc! Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    WoW bosses are more complex than they have ever been, this is a stupid and baseless concern.
    Did you even read what I just typed? I said if they did make WoW support controller THEN bosses mechanics will get simpler, not now really.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV disagree's with you and people have been playing WoW with a controller for years.

    There isn't one class in WoW that is harder to play than a class in FFXIV and FFXIV also has a ton of boss mechanics in both raids and dungeons in comparison to WoW's.


    I do play FFXIV and I did some hardcore raiding in both vanilla and Heavensward (I became filthy casual after the end of Heavensward). And I still stand with my point that most bosses mechanics are simple just avoid stuff not as complex as WoW mythic raiding. I am not saying this is a bad thing just stating the issue here.

  5. #185
    I imagine WoW with a controller in pvp being like a m&kb user vs an controller user in fps games

  6. #186
    Pit Lord Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,321
    This thread aged well
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  7. #187
    I am Murloc! Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I doubt people using controllers will end up in high-end content, questing and lfr? Sure.
    My thought exactly unless they overhaul WoW high end content system then maybe.

  8. #188
    Can't RP with a controller. Hard pass.

  9. #189
    Immortal Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    7,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    FFXIV has a much longer GCD which allows for it to be easier to control with a controller.
    It has a 2.5 sec GCD (reduced by Haste) instead of WoW's 1.5 sec GCD, but every class also has multiple oGCD abilities that need to be weaved into the rotation.

    Also, there are plenty of people playing WoW with KBM who are still terrible at the game. Keyboard turners, clickers, people who lack awareness, and people who just plain don't care.

    Not that WoW is coming to console anyway. Controller support is there as an accessibility option, mainly for handicapped players who might need custom setups.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It has a 2.5 sec GCD (reduced by Haste) instead of WoW's 1.5 sec GCD, but every class also has multiple oGCD abilities that need to be weaved into the rotation.

    Also, there are plenty of people playing WoW with KBM who are still terrible at the game. Keyboard turners, clickers, people who lack awareness, and people who just plain don't care.

    Not that WoW is coming to console anyway. Controller support is there as an accessibility option, mainly for handicapped players who might need custom setups.
    FFXIV has haste now? Huh.

    Either way, controller is straight up worse for control, when that matters KBM will always be superior.

  11. #191
    I doubt this is just going to be a straigh up verison of WoW for consoles. I think it might have something to do with the heavy overlap between the new xbox and PC. I think a lot of games will basically work on both these platforms once bought, so maybe it has something to do with that.

    As for people playing wow with controllers I couldn't really care less. I do my raiding with my guild, and the times I pug mythic+ and such, I probably won't be seeing people using controllers because that content is unplayable that way pretty much

  12. #192
    ...by behaving like an adult who has no problem with other people doing things they enjoy that don't hurt anyone? Way ahead of ya.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    Who’s complaining? I am a world class mythic raider tho for the record

    I wasn’t even complaining about it, just dropping facts that all roads lead to console release eventually and that it’s an untapped gold mine for them

    So many pc purists are being offended by this for no reason, when it’s simply financial talk and quite frankly, if you aren’t an investor, you don’t have a valid opinion on the business side of things

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Who’s complaining? I am a world class mythic raider tho for the record

    I wasn’t even complaining about it, just dropping facts that all roads lead to console release eventually and that it’s an untapped gold mine for them

    So many pc purists are being offended by this for no reason, when it’s simply financial talk and quite frankly, if you aren’t an investor, you don’t have a valid opinion on the business side of things
    it truly would bring in a boatload of money. perhaps i should say "will"
    I just hope there is some sort of feature (an icon?) to annotate the people who are playing via console/controller so they can easily be excluded from groups.

  15. #195
    I'll do the same thing i do to people that play FPS games with a controller: I will kick them from my group. I will never accept such idiocy.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    HOWEVER...

    ... although this seems to be a good option for all WoW players on the planet ... whenever there is a real possibility that this option is not dependent on an addon, but is officially implemented in the game ... it appears from the darkness one lot of people trying to forbid this possibility and deprive many players of trying to play with a controller.
    In particular, I only see positive things if Blizzard really allows its players to use a controller. I don't understand who is against this! There is no imbalance between who uses a controller and who uses the keyboard. Do you really think I'm able to win a fight against Pikaboo in a duel just because I'm moving the character with the left thumb and hitting the keybinds with the right thumb ???
    Jesus guys ...
    I dont care what you use to move your Character, if you play better with a Controller do it. If you cant move your ass out of the Fire in a reasonable time, dont cry if you dont get into Groups.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    So many pc purists are being offended by this for no reason, when it’s simply financial talk and quite frankly, if you aren’t an investor, you don’t have a valid opinion on the business side of things
    To be fair, I for one am Salty about Console Ports from usual PC only games, because of the myriad of Console Only games. Console Players have no right to complain or demand PC games on their Consoles.
    Apart from that, I cant see WoW working well with a Controller.

  17. #197
    Why dose everyone forget that modern consoles support mouse and key?

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    What difference does it make to his point if he was or wasnt a hall of fame player?

  19. #199
    I hope the controller people have their own wow they play like overwatch console players have their own overwatch to play
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Somehow your argument falls apart when i look at most combat rotations in classic that are just way more controller friendly...
    Seriously. I've played a hunter since Vanilla. I easily could have played with a controller until at least Wrath. I can probably still do it now for anything but high keys where I need quick mouseover interrupts.

    Also, people play FFXIV with controllers just fine. Bard is way more involved than current WoW hunter and can easily be played with a controller. The only thing I personally wouldn't really use it for is healing because I far prefer mouseover targeting to explicit targeting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •