Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    I mean, some specs would work fine with a controller. Havoc and BM come to mind.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Found the LFR warrior ....
    sick burn, you can have the controller players if you want.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    sick burn, you can have the controller players if you want.
    Say you want to do a 20 key (or 10 or 15 whatver doesn't matter), and the dude has the adequate gear and io score, why would it matter if his preferred input method is a controller or KB/M ?

    Are you saying that you would take a KB/M players who has no clue on what to do in a HC run over an AOTC controller player ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  4. #84
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I don't want the game getting dumbed down any further to accommodate it. As long as they don't design the game to cater to people using a controller I'm fine with it... If they start dumbing down the game even more just so that every class's spells can be fit on a controller easily then I'm going to be pissed.
    They really don't need to. FFXIV has more secondary/tertiary skills than WoW does in SL even after the unpruning, but you can do Savage raids and some Ultimates with a controller. Those who want to perform well in WoW will need to be good at fast inputs on a controller, though, since FFXIV is balanced around a 2.5s GCD and numerous off-CD abilities so players who aren't so fast with button inputs can still reasonably expect to succeed at all baseline content if they pay attention to incoming telegraphs and boss/NPC chatter.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    This appeared on wowhead today and again it caught fire:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317101/...-xbox-series-x

    It's been almost 1 year since I decided to try the ADDON consoleport that allows you to play WoW on any content using an Xbox controller.
    The experience was so good and addictive that I never went back to the mouse and keyboard.
    I was never left-handed and used to miss some keybinds (mainly in intense fights in PVP) and this problem was corrected using the controller. Finally, I can also move further away from the monitor and rest my back! lol.

    HOWEVER...

    ... although this seems to be a good option for all WoW players on the planet ... whenever there is a real possibility that this option is not dependent on an addon, but is officially implemented in the game ... it appears from the darkness one lot of people trying to forbid this possibility and deprive many players of trying to play with a controller.
    In particular, I only see positive things if Blizzard really allows its players to use a controller. I don't understand who is against this! There is no imbalance between who uses a controller and who uses the keyboard. Do you really think I'm able to win a fight against Pikaboo in a duel just because I'm moving the character with the left thumb and hitting the keybinds with the right thumb ???
    Jesus guys ...
    As long as you're doing easy content then it's completely fine to use a controller if that is what you want. I would probably also use one for world questing etc. if I had one. It seems pretty chill to just sit in your couch and doing world quests.

    However, I don't see people being able to do mythic raiding or high m+ keys with a controller.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-07-27 at 07:02 PM.

  6. #86
    A controller option would be great. I prefer them greatly in 3rd person action games like Sekiro, Dark Souls, Nier Automata, or fighting games like Tekken. I would probably stick with mouse+keyboard on WoW, but if it improved my convenience in some way, I would definitely try the controller.

    I find that there is a huge amount of defensiveness over mouse and keyboard for some reason. We pretend that "console wars" don't exist in this space, but why are you proud of your PC controlling apparatus? Why look down on controller users? All the console war is, is misplaced pride.

  7. #87

    Do you guys not have Joystick? (controller)
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Lich,Tinker

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Say you want to do a 20 key (or 10 or 15 whatver doesn't matter), and the dude has the adequate gear and io score, why would it matter if his preferred input method is a controller or KB/M ?

    Are you saying that you would take a KB/M players who has no clue on what to do in a HC run over an AOTC controller player ?
    It's really not that deep man, and I would 100% take the keyboard and mouse player over the controller player, given that they're of similar skill/io rating. anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar.

  9. #89
    I feel obliged to chime in here, seeing as I raided Nya'lotha with a controller, including both tanking and dpsing (and generally being in the upper half of dps in the heroic guild I was raiding with.) To me this is actually an accessibility feature in disguise.

    Once upon a time I would have laughed at the idea of raiding with a controller, but that all changed after I went super hard out playing WoW all day every day when BFA launched, immediately following a massive PoE binge. I went so hard that the hand I use my mouse with swole up to the point that I physically couldn't move it for almost two months, even with taking lots of anti-inflammatories. Even after I recovered enough from that that I can use my hand again (which took about 6 months), the nerve running down my pinky has been permanently injured, and if I use that part of my hand too much it starts to get worse again. So I can't use a mouse with my dominant hand.

    However, one doesn't have to use that side of the hand to use a controller, so I started playing games again using one. Eventually I mustered up the courage to try WoW again and set up a control scheme by booting WoW through steam and using their controller configuration tool with a steam controller (For most things, terrible. For being a replacement mouse for WoW? Actually really good.) Even made a custom UI in weakauras to keep track of which skill corresponds to which input, of which I managed to have 30 keybinds using trigger + button modifiers.

    Basically, I cannot physically play on mouse + keyboard any more, so controller is the only way for me to play WoW. And while I'm probably not going to use the official controller support because I'm really happy with how I've already set things up, it's a good thing for the option to be there for people in a similar situation to mine, and other situations that make mouse + keyboard difficult to use.

    And it's not like I was playing terribly with it either. I doubt I'd dare do mythic with a controller but once I got used to it I was easily capable of tanking Heroic and M+. Often blew peoples minds after doing a clean M+ run by telling them I'd been tanking that whole time on controller lmao.


    PS: If your pinky starts hurting constantly when using the mouse and locking up and dragging on the mousepad, don't be an idiot like me and power through the pain. You'll permanently injure yourself.

    TLDR: Permanently fucked my hand up playing too much WoW, now a controller is the only way I can play. And it works fine for content at anything but the highest level.
    Last edited by Yaersulf; 2020-07-27 at 07:27 PM.

  10. #90
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,541
    I used to be against this, but honestly after playing Classic on a mobile phone ... Yeah, I'm all for it. Bring on the controller support and then release it for consoles.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    mages are going to have a field day blinking through people using controllers
    Not everyone PvPs. I don't even recall the last time I touched PvP in this game. If I want a PvP experience there are much better ones than WoW. WoW excels in PvE.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  11. #91
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by clownpenisfart View Post
    mages are going to have a field day blinking through people using controllers
    And Rogues will just own casters that are using them...

  12. #92
    Does it matter if they can push numbers?

    WoW isn't such a complex game that you need that many buttons barring maybe mythic or pvp.

  13. #93
    Bloodsail Admiral Firatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    B.C/A-52 US
    Posts
    1,148
    The page has already been updated and no longer has any mention of any consoles.

    http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificaca...o_codigo=12390
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

    Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    The page has already been updated and no longer has any mention of any consoles.

    http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificaca...o_codigo=12390
    Beat me to it, yeah. It's likely somebody just made a mistake somewhere in the rating process.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    It's really not that deep man, and I would 100% take the keyboard and mouse player over the controller player, given that they're of similar skill/io rating. anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar.
    What difference would it make though ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wow has been on a path to console release for years.

    They’ve stripped abilities, dumbed the game down to the point a caveman can succeed in it, and recently added controller support

    All roads lead to console
    The irony here is the only version of wow that would be playable at a moderate level with a controller is Classic.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Somehow your argument falls apart when i look at most combat rotations in classic that are just way more controller friendly...
    Wish I could upvote this.

    And OP, fine! I am accepting it, leave me be!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

    Do you guys not have Joystick? (controller)
    I burst out in laughs everytime I see that guy. Poor man.
    Will you play with me? Pretty please!

    Apparently exposing liars is NOT okay.

  18. #98
    who cares how they play it as long as they can pull the numbers it doesnt matter

  19. #99
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    The page has already been updated and no longer has any mention of any consoles.

    http://portal.mj.gov.br/Classificaca...o_codigo=12390
    Doesn't stop the tinfoil hat crowd......it was out there, it must be true.....

    Also...are clickers suddenly acceptable, since we hate on controllers now?

    For a generation that is supposed to embrace change (and does in so many areas), the narrow-mindedness when it comes to how there is just one way to play their favourite game is amazing.

  20. #100
    I find it amusing that people think more players are going to swarm WoW if it goes to consoles. This is the same WOW the same people say is crap and that why noboy plays. Going to console doesn't change the fact it is still the same game people say is crap. IF they hate it now and don't want to play, they aren't going to suddenly change their minds because it is on console.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •