Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    WoW bosses are more complex than they have ever been, this is a stupid and baseless concern.
    Did you even read what I just typed? I said if they did make WoW support controller THEN bosses mechanics will get simpler, not now really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV disagree's with you and people have been playing WoW with a controller for years.

There isn't one class in WoW that is harder to play than a class in FFXIV and FFXIV also has a ton of boss mechanics in both raids and dungeons in comparison to WoW's.

I do play FFXIV and I did some hardcore raiding in both vanilla and Heavensward (I became filthy casual after the end of Heavensward). And I still stand with my point that most bosses mechanics are simple just avoid stuff not as complex as WoW mythic raiding. I am not saying this is a bad thing just stating the issue here.

I imagine WoW with a controller in pvp being like a m&kb user vs an controller user in fps games

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread aged well
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I doubt people using controllers will end up in high-end content, questing and lfr? Sure.
    My thought exactly unless they overhaul WoW high end content system then maybe.

Can't RP with a controller. Hard pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    FFXIV has a much longer GCD which allows for it to be easier to control with a controller.
    It has a 2.5 sec GCD (reduced by Haste) instead of WoW's 1.5 sec GCD, but every class also has multiple oGCD abilities that need to be weaved into the rotation.

Also, there are plenty of people playing WoW with KBM who are still terrible at the game. Keyboard turners, clickers, people who lack awareness, and people who just plain don't care.

Not that WoW is coming to console anyway. Controller support is there as an accessibility option, mainly for handicapped players who might need custom setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It has a 2.5 sec GCD (reduced by Haste) instead of WoW's 1.5 sec GCD, but every class also has multiple oGCD abilities that need to be weaved into the rotation.

Also, there are plenty of people playing WoW with KBM who are still terrible at the game. Keyboard turners, clickers, people who lack awareness, and people who just plain don't care.

Not that WoW is coming to console anyway. Controller support is there as an accessibility option, mainly for handicapped players who might need custom setups.
    FFXIV has haste now? Huh.

Either way, controller is straight up worse for control, when that matters KBM will always be superior.

I doubt this is just going to be a straigh up verison of WoW for consoles. I think it might have something to do with the heavy overlap between the new xbox and PC. I think a lot of games will basically work on both these platforms once bought, so maybe it has something to do with that.

As for people playing wow with controllers I couldn't really care less. I do my raiding with my guild, and the times I pug mythic+ and such, I probably won't be seeing people using controllers because that content is unplayable that way pretty much
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

...by behaving like an adult who has no problem with other people doing things they enjoy that don't hurt anyone? Way ahead of ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    Who’s complaining? I am a world class mythic raider tho for the record

I wasn’t even complaining about it, just dropping facts that all roads lead to console release eventually and that it’s an untapped gold mine for them

So many pc purists are being offended by this for no reason, when it’s simply financial talk and quite frankly, if you aren’t an investor, you don’t have a valid opinion on the business side of things

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Who’s complaining? I am a world class mythic raider tho for the record

I wasn’t even complaining about it, just dropping facts that all roads lead to console release eventually and that it’s an untapped gold mine for them

So many pc purists are being offended by this for no reason, when it’s simply financial talk and quite frankly, if you aren’t an investor, you don’t have a valid opinion on the business side of things
    it truly would bring in a boatload of money. perhaps i should say "will"
    I just hope there is some sort of feature (an icon?) to annotate the people who are playing via console/controller so they can easily be excluded from groups.

I'll do the same thing i do to people that play FPS games with a controller: I will kick them from my group. I will never accept such idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    HOWEVER...

... although this seems to be a good option for all WoW players on the planet ... whenever there is a real possibility that this option is not dependent on an addon, but is officially implemented in the game ... it appears from the darkness one lot of people trying to forbid this possibility and deprive many players of trying to play with a controller.
    In particular, I only see positive things if Blizzard really allows its players to use a controller. I don't understand who is against this! There is no imbalance between who uses a controller and who uses the keyboard. Do you really think I'm able to win a fight against Pikaboo in a duel just because I'm moving the character with the left thumb and hitting the keybinds with the right thumb ???
    Jesus guys ...
    I dont care what you use to move your Character, if you play better with a Controller do it. If you cant move your ass out of the Fire in a reasonable time, dont cry if you dont get into Groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    To be fair, I for one am Salty about Console Ports from usual PC only games, because of the myriad of Console Only games. Console Players have no right to complain or demand PC games on their Consoles.
    Apart from that, I cant see WoW working well with a Controller.

Why dose everyone forget that modern consoles support mouse and key?

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess you are the hall of fame raider and 3k pvp rating dude throwing out those complaints?
    What difference does it make to his point if he was or wasnt a hall of fame player?

I hope the controller people have their own wow they play like overwatch console players have their own overwatch to play
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Somehow your argument falls apart when i look at most combat rotations in classic that are just way more controller friendly...
    Seriously. I've played a hunter since Vanilla. I easily could have played with a controller until at least Wrath. I can probably still do it now for anything but high keys where I need quick mouseover interrupts.

Also, people play FFXIV with controllers just fine. Bard is way more involved than current WoW hunter and can easily be played with a controller. The only thing I personally wouldn't really use it for is healing because I far prefer mouseover targeting to explicit targeting.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is something that we should aceept. If Blizzard would want to launch on X-box, all good for them, but then it should be with attached keyboard.

And why am i so against it do you ask? Because it will pull the design of the game into the direction of only using 8-10 buttons at max.

Just look at D3. Im quite sure, that one of the reasons why gameplay complexity was very limited in D3 was because they wanted it to be played with a controller at some point. It limits the game, promotes design to be focused on the this limited control set and just pushes WoW in the wrong direction.

I know many games, who works fine with a controller and WoW properly would work, but keep it as a Addon.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I have already done it multiple times.
    Fun for world content, but pointless because you can't communicate.

Very limited usage of it in any difficult content, so not much to be worried about.
    If people want to use it while leveling or something, more power to them!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Play whatever you want, but if you suck then don't expect me saying that I will be soft on you because you play on the controler.