Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can just imagine people in pvp running in circles because they cant control the camera and move because the game doesn't offer a lock on mechanic similar to FF, or even an action style camera like tera and ESO, and nothing is worse than seeing someone backpedal, you see that and you instantly think "oh im about to shit on this kid"

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    nothing is worse than seeing someone backpedal, you see that and you instantly think "oh im about to shit on this kid"
    Whats worse is when you see that and they get 56 corruption procs and roll you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Whats worse is when you see that and they get 56 corruption procs and roll you.
    Corruptions will be a failed experiment when they finally add legitimate controller support though. All we have now is janky mods.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ALl he cares about is everyone pulling their own weight and doesn't think someone using a controller can.
    The former is fine. The latter seems a bit presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And actually, you can have a say in how others choose to play. He has every right to initiate a kick if he knows another player is using a controller.
    If we're getting technical, people have a "right" to initiate a kick for any reason they choose. The game doesn't require you to have a good reason to initiate a kick, it simply trusts that by and large, sanity will prevail most of the time - and that when it doesn't, the affected players will get over it and carry on playing.

And while kicking someone from high end content for playing poorly (which may be the result of using a controller) is perfectly reasonable, simply kicking them based on their choice of controller is a bit unhinged.

Presumably the guy reckons that it would be obvious to him if someone is using a controller based on their performance. And that's fine. I just have images of playing with someone for months and having no problems, and then one day they mention in /g or discord or something about playing with a controller and then suddenly the pitchforks are brought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    More buttons =/= harder
    fights in wow are much harder. but there is no rotation for a dps class even close to as challenging as ffxiv. less buttons certainly makes doing your rotations easier. so, more buttons = harder

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    fights in wow are much harder. but there is no rotation for a dps class even close to as challenging as ffxiv. less buttons certainly makes doing your rotations easier. so, more buttons = harder
    There's no challenging rotations in FFXIV, what are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    There's no challenging rotations in FFXIV, what are you on about?
    that theres even less challenging rotations in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    that theres even less challenging rotations in wow.
    That's debateable. Nothing ever changes in FFXIV and all gear is static, rotations and prios actually can change in WoW and some classes do have more complex rotations than even most FFXIV jobs

I'm not sure if you'd even notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Imagine that, going from clicking and keyboard turning to using a controller

We were almost done with getting rid of bads and now they're coming back. For fuck sake
    IO ftw it's gonna be fuuuuuun
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played with a Controller in Cata and MoP. Who cares?

if the game can be played by a controller, I hope it also comes on Xbox. My days of pushing any kind of high end content are long gone, but I still like to play the game.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How about get off that high horse and stop acting like you own anything other than your own performance in an easy game. You sound like you don't want to put any more effort than carry yourself anyway so you seem to be demanding everyone else to perform higher so you can get away with being average. Get real, you do NOT have a say how others choose to play. As for "actual" content, well if I corpse camp your ass for an hour its pretty fucking actual mate.
    i actually DO have a say how others play in my own groups, which is the suggestion of basically anyone and everyone (to make your own group) if you dont like something. So yeah... Further outside of the maybe 0.5% of people that could play effectively with a controller it would be those controller users that would be getting carried. Super nice try though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You won't and you won't even know.
    it'll be painfully obvious when a healer is slow because they have to tab target around to select their healee, or are slow on interrupts because they cant effectively target a specific mob in a huge pack. I have time I'll ruin my own keys and especially someone else's if it's not my group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    This appeared on wowhead today and again it caught fire:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=317101/...-xbox-series-x

It's been almost 1 year since I decided to try the ADDON consoleport that allows you to play WoW on any content using an Xbox controller.
    The experience was so good and addictive that I never went back to the mouse and keyboard.
    I was never left-handed and used to miss some keybinds (mainly in intense fights in PVP) and this problem was corrected using the controller. Finally, I can also move further away from the monitor and rest my back! lol.

HOWEVER...

... although this seems to be a good option for all WoW players on the planet ... whenever there is a real possibility that this option is not dependent on an addon, but is officially implemented in the game ... it appears from the darkness one lot of people trying to forbid this possibility and deprive many players of trying to play with a controller.
    In particular, I only see positive things if Blizzard really allows its players to use a controller. I don't understand who is against this! There is no imbalance between who uses a controller and who uses the keyboard. Do you really think I'm able to win a fight against Pikaboo in a duel just because I'm moving the character with the left thumb and hitting the keybinds with the right thumb ???
    Jesus guys ...
    people dont have to accept shit. the only classes that could get away with a controller in high end game content are 1/2 button classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    All you have to do is brush your left thumb on the L button (move cursor) and this is sensitive enough for the character to make a perfect 180 ° turn in (idk) 0.1 secs. In terms of time it is identical to the mouse. I don't work for microsoft, I don't need to lie about it. lol
    Like I said ... try it first, then judge.
    Have a nice night.
    Your argument was that you could do it faster, now your argument is that you can do it in identical time, next it will be well blizzard messed up the functionality you cant actually do it in identical time (or insert other generic excuses here).

keeping track of the things you say can get confusing i get it

Quote Originally Posted by wolfonlsd View Post
    t FF has a shit ton of turn your character away from the boss mechanics
    Yeah, with EXCEPTIONALLY long and telegraphed cast times. Good example is Shiva. A graphic telling you a cast is ABOUT to happen so you can pre-empt it. You need addons to pre-empt abilities in WoW. Otherwise - Here's the cast, better turn IMMEDIATELY.

WoW's Mythic raiding is infinitely more fast-paced than FFXIV raiding is.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2020-07-31 at 05:49 PM.

I love how there's so many people saying we have to accept controller players. No we absolutely don't. WoW was designed with mouse and keyboard in mind so stop using FF14 as an example because that game was designed with a controller in mind. I hope Blizzard puts a little icon next to controller users so they can all form their own little group and not bother anyone else. Though it will likely be painfully obvious who is using a controller and then they can get booted from serious groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I've only heard this theory for about a decade now, but if you make the same prediction every single year, eventually you'll (maybe) be right
    Console players would never be able to compete on the same level as pc players due to controll differences, if WoW Console ever happens it'd most likely be played on separate realms.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

what's next? demanding everyone having top of the line hardware/internet? i think those people asking for bot companions to do content with awhile ago where onto something.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

more peoples to not accept in m+/raid

i said that for the peoples who always check achivement, ioraid...