Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    As long as you perform adequately to the level of content you're trying to do, nobody will give a fuck if you use a controller, a turbo gaming dildo or m+k to play the game. You put yourself at a disvantage by using anything other than M+K, so if you underperform because of that, you get kicked and replaced, as simple as that. It's up to the group leader.

As for the "controllers are equally good" argument, they are not, argument is over. Some people actually had the audacity to argue that in games like Call of Duty, so basically console shooters, a pad is better than M+K but no, that's not right and never will be. Even with console aim assist (basically slow-aim, a noticeable sensitivity drop when aiming over a player model) you will never be as good as an equally skilled m+k player.

A very big one. If he's not a cutting edge raider or bleeding edge rated PvPer, his opinion on class difficulty is borderline worthless because if he can't perform on a level of at least 90%+ percentiles in mythic content, he can't even say he knows how to properly play his class and use it's entire toolkit in a raid/pvp setting, let alone judge if it's easy or not. How can a shitter judge the difficulty of a class if he's... a shitter?

Granted the difficulty of mastering a class has gone a bit down since Mists of Pandaria, but it's still not caveman easy. There's plenty, and I mean plenty of people that are parsing grey or green on Heroic, which to me is laughable considering how Heroic is basically a stripped down version of the real encounter, especially when they claim that WoW is braindead mode at the moment. If it is so easy, why are they parsing so bad? Can't blame trash percentiles on bad RNG.
    Maybe he is absolutely shite at the game and still finds it easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't play WOW (or any Blizzard games) anymore...but if I did I would sure as hell be using a controller for pretty much everything except healing. For healing in dungeons and raids I had a custom Vuhdo setup that would not work with a controller. But for questing and levelling and stuff like that? Absolutely.

WHAT THE HELL?

"Blizzard
    That’s not exactly the intention here.

For a long time, we've seen a small number of players turn to 3rd party addons, such as Console Port, in order to work through certain accessibility issues.

We always want to make WoW more widely accessible, if possible, so in Shadowlands, we’re attempting to add some support for keybinds, camera, and turning a character on controllers such as the Xbox Adaptive Controller.

We’re glad that the community has felt empowered to make addons tailored to specific needs like this, and we’re going to continue to encourage that as best we can."

We want to make wow viable on xbox gamepads. Translation: We will release wow to xbox one day.

Blizzard is preparing something. They are preparing a sick technology. Good old blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Maybe he is absolutely shite at the game and still finds it easy.
    Well then he's wrong because if he's shit at it I doubt he can objectively judge if it's easy or not. A good performing player might be able to objectively judge the difficulty of the game, not a complete shitter.

Who on earth would want to play Wow with a controller? How do you even do fast precise camera movement with such a thing? Makes no sense to me at all..

You could play WoW on a fucking tooth pick for all I care. If you play like shit I'll give you shit no matter what fucking peripheral you're using.

I'd like to play WoW with a controller, just like how I enjoy playing FF14 with a controller. It's very possible to make controller users more adapt at the game with the correct implementations. And Blizzard, obviously, wants to do that at some point. The devs tinker with it every expansion, and it seems like each time they get closer to doing so. It's like a pet project it seems.

People do realise you can attach a mouse and keyboard to your console nowdays. I don't mind if WoW came to them, since my PC is eventually running behind graphic wise.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Well then he's wrong because if he's shit at it I doubt he can objectively judge if it's easy or not. A good performing player might be able to objectively judge the difficulty of the game, not a complete shitter.
    There is a version of each raid that actually gets easier the more you fail. You dont have to any good to complete the PVE aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm not sure how you could tell if someone is using a controller, they don't have a controller icon above their head.

If being able to use a controller gets more people playing, how can that be a bad thing?

A CONTROLLER.

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I mean. As someone who has played FFXIV on a controller I don't see an issue. That game has way more ability bloat than WoW ever will and it's pretty manageable. Would I want to play it as my only option? No way but I really don't think you will be able to tell like people think you will.

The majority of content you would even be doing it doesn't matter in the least and I highly doubt most people would be trying to do mythic content. And even then I still don't think it would be that bad.
    this. when i tried ff14 i was blown away that controller was the preferred way to play the ninja class as it had somewhere near 45 buttons. meanwhile my rogue in wow has 35. and i thought that was a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm not sure how you could tell if someone is using a controller, they don't have a controller icon above their head.

If being able to use a controller gets more people playing, how can that be a bad thing?

As long as they don't get aimbot/targeting assist or some other feature that gives them an advantage just because they are on a controller. Sometimes mixing console people with PC people doesn't work.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, they are not.

They will try and after realizing that you can not be any good, they will switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    As long as they don't get aimbot/targeting assist or some other feature that gives them an advantage just because they are on a controller. Sometimes mixing console people with PC people doesn't work.
    Aim assist doesn't really make you a god when it comes to controller FPS combat, it's still pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Nah, they are not.

They will try and after realizing that you can not be any good, they will switch back.
    Tell that to the guy clearing mythic using one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Nah, they are not.

Nah people who realize they cannot be good are simply bad regardless of controller. Its just too hard to admit it and people tend to blame stupid shit like lags, controllers, bad PCs, etc etc.

you can use a mouse and keyboard on the current xbox. my son plays fornite with them. dont see why future consoles wont be the same. you dont need a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tell that to the guy clearing mythic killing scripted bosses with timers on literally everything using one lol.
    Fixed that for you. Regardless of content you're doing a controller will never be as efficient. Usable, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    you can use a mouse and keyboard on the current xbox. my son plays fornite with them. dont see why future consoles wont be the same. you dont need a controller.
    Did you even read the title? This is about playing WoW with a controller, not using mice & keyboard on consoles.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-08-03 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Fixed that for you. Regardless of content you're doing a controller will never be as efficient. Usable, sure.
    Your apparent hatred of PvE doesn't mean much, it's still not content everyone can do even with a Kb&m, so clearing with a controller is still something.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Your apparent hatred of PvE doesn't mean much, it's still not content everyone can do even with a Kb&m, so clearing with a controller is still something.
    No hatred at all. PvE is just about knowing a fight and having WeakAuras/boss mods to tell you what's coming up, you've got an insanely long time to prepare for stuff, so it doesn't matter what you're playing on. That's not even counting the fact that fights just become muscle memory when you're progressing long enough on a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

Did you even read the title? This is about playing WoW with a controller, not using mice & keyboard on consoles.
    well, maybe people dont need that extra efficiency? It's not like they will play mythic +35 on them.

For most people it should be fine, I think.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines