Thread: Pay to win?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird choice. I check quests and reset undesirable ones daily. Only make sure to quest when I have 3 dailies. Bam. 10K with around 1 hr a week.

I just think it's too expensive. Paid like 150€ in scholomance and din't complete the collection. It would be different in a real card game, but you don't actually own any card in HS.

I would be all in for buying a whole set for like 75€. I would gladly pay that 3 times per year

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I just think it's too expensive. Paid like 150€ in scholomance and din't complete the collection. It would be different in a real card game, but you don't actually own any card in HS.

I would be all in for buying a whole set for like 75€. I would gladly pay that 3 times per year
    I paid $0 and got legend 5 in Scholo... you’re doing it wrong. It’s not pokemon, owning full sets makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I paid $0 and got legend 5 in Scholo... you’re doing it wrong. It’s not pokemon, owning full sets makes zero sense.
    I don't care about ranks, you will find me most of the time playing casual. But I would love to try many more decks. Highlander decks were always in my wishlist, and I might still go for them now that i'll switch to wild. Control warrior and Big Priest are up there too.

The most recent deck i've been playing was a high control and greedy warlock. I named it concede warlock because it had a win rate of like 40%, it was really fun nonetheless.

I want the collection to try different stuff, don't care about the shiny numbers next to your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I don't care about ranks, you will find me most of the time playing casual. But I would love to try many more decks. Highlander decks were always in my wishlist, and I might still go for them now that i'll switch to wild. Control warrior and Big Priest are up there too.

The most recent deck i've been playing was a high control and greedy warlock. I named it concede warlock because it had a win rate of like 40%, it was really fun nonetheless.

I want the collection to try different stuff, don't care about the shiny numbers next to your name.
    Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I do the same. I haven’t played seriously in a while. Even in scholo I ended up crafting 10 different style decks for the times I was completing quests. Cost me $0 and I only have to spend 1hr a week on just having fun while completing quests. Everything else over that has no guidelines and was just for fun. The new reward structure makes this one of the easiest TCGs to casually play and not have to spend ANY money to win.

Only reason I brought up the rank is your thread is ostensibly about this game being p2w. I paid $0 and won more than you did. Probably had the same amount of fun as well.

People arguing they can do EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG they want and make ALLLLLLLL the decks they want and spend zero money is a pointless argument. I can do EVERYTHING I want in Hearthstone and not even install the game.

Does anyone know how do I get Khadgar hero or some Uldular desk if such one exists. Some people are rolling on C'thun. I had them but somehow they are gone and cannot equip them on my mage hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    People arguing they can do EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG they want and make ALLLLLLLL the decks they want and spend zero money is a pointless argument. I can do EVERYTHING I want in Hearthstone and not even install the game.
    How is it pointless? If you play it daily and don't do stupid things like craft cards and then disenchant them, you can most likely afford every deck you want. If you're a casual and log in weekly or less often and only play a few games, then you probably can't afford more than 1-2 top decks.

It seems Blizzard is starting to accept it too. They tried to make the game more expensive but that caused a big outcry so now they seem to be focusing on earning with cosmetics.