Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    zip again, fml

The waves have gone out over several hours the last few weeks with some arriving as late as midnight EDT in the US, so there's still a chance.

Nothing for me hopefully an EU wave coming soon or something

I'm probably going to have to get a key from somewhere at this rate.

Let's continue to hope....a bit. Still nothing here either

Both me and my bro got in on this wave. played since vanilla always been in every beta but usualy get it faster than this one.

EU
    I have pre ordered shadowlands, he havent

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Back when Cataclysm beta was a thing a dutch website ran a contest where you had to submit a cataclysm related image. So I spent literally an entire day placing individual images of in game character models onto a screenshot of the land crack in the barrens to form a queue for "The Cataclysm". Must have been almost 100 characters stood in a long snaking line. And I had to adjust the characters height as I went on to make it look realistic. Anyway... I won a key for my efforts. But daymn there was a lot of salt too. A couple of people flat out accused me of stealing the image. I had to show them a screenshot of my photoshop session with the hundred or so layers to prove it was my own work. Fun times. One of my favourite key contests from back in the day.
    I've only been in MoP and WoD and BFA betas and I won the first two in contests.

For MoP one we had to write about our Vanilla memories. I wrote 1-2 pages about that incredible feeling being stuck at the login and character creation screen for hours listening to the epic music while imagining my journey. Won a key out of 5000 participants.

For my WoD one I took part in Trolden's Hearthstone card creation contest. I made a stained-glass like frame (very basic) with a template effect in Photoshop for a Draenei (Shadowmoon and Naaru) themed card. He sent me a key almost immediately because "I was a clear winner" and didn't need to wait for the end of the contest to decide xD

Two such awesome moments for me. Not just as a player but as an aspiring artist whose works had been recognized. Brofist

I got one. Continues the streak from MOP.

Can anyone who was checking their account regularly share the times that they got invites? So we can have an idea if it's behaving like last week with invites going out over several times?

Another week, another no beta. Feels like I wont have it and wouldnt be able to test whats the best - or close to the best - options: covenant/soulbind/conduits with multiple legendaries, in different situations (m+, raids). Will be fun doing this experiment on live while the people who got in just getting a huuuge headstart because they will know what they want and dont have to figure it out, while weeks are flying by and we have the raid. Random invites yaay! Meanwhile there are people who got beta, test the new costumization system (which is useless unless you are playing with almsot zero camera distance, looking at your face lmao) then leave beta instead of actual testing/reporting. Meh

Been playing since vanilla and I basically never get in betas before the last week or two. They seem to have some very "specific" parameters for who gets beta invites, since some people get them every time and others almost never get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Been playing since vanilla and I basically never get in betas before the last week or two. They seem to have some very "specific" parameters for who gets beta invites, since some people get them every time and others almost never get them.
    I feel like the minimal requirement is to have the last(current) expac bought. I skipped BfA since the "1 good expac - 1 bad expac" alternating each other theory, well I was right, the only disadvantege of it is that I wont have SL beta lol

I just woke up to a Beta invite. I am a veteran player since 05. Never banned, active account and bought the Heroic Edition for Shadowlands.

I just joined the club. I received the invite just yesterday. My account stats:

-Never banned
    -2004 account
    -No Cutting Edge in BFA / Yes Cutting Edge in Legion
    -Own Shadowlands
    -Tested current PTR
    -Currently subbed
    -Have had beta in the past, also left feedback
    -Attended 2019 Blizzcon
    Last edited by Nize; 2020-08-21 at 07:48 AM.

Huh.. Apparently I am in the beta club aswell!

an invite wave must have happened between afternoon yesterday and now.

As for my "stats" I've gotten ahead of the curve for every raid since it was introduced, well except Battle for dazar'alor, Eternal Palace and Nya'lotha as my guild of 10 years imploded shortly before Battle for Dazar'alor and I never bothered looking for a new one. Other than that I am a wow veteran having played since November 2005.

There is nothing about my account that sticks out as a parameter for selection, so people who claim its only streamers and top players who get in, are frankly full of shit.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-08-21 at 08:15 AM.

I wonder how long until websites and the like do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, Nov 10 is the most obvious date IMO, but IIRC around 2 months is about right.
    theres no reason that is a more believable date than october 27th besides the brawl which they can be delaying for many reasons or just not have in the system yet because its blizzard and they are as organized as my work shop

honestly if we look at ptr testing and the fact blizz just gave away hundreds of "keys" that all activate on the third we can see that prepatch may hit end of september and then beta goes offline mid october and boom launch.

Now theres an equal possibility that due to the nature of the prepatch they want to give it more time to breathe but we have to remember that during a prepatch classes are broken so we cant have it out for too long as theres still no new content and alot of the fun stuff is done besides a couple invasions that give catch up gear.

so my guess is october 27th but we will see once they do their stuff at gamescon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I wonder how long until websites and the like do giveaways.
    they probably wont except for maybe wowhead because right now the giveaways streamers and that do include them getting you to email them your btag then blizzard giving bulk access

im thinking the final big wave of beta invites will be at the end of the month

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    I feel like the minimal requirement is to have the last(current) expac bought. I skipped BfA since the "1 good expac - 1 bad expac" alternating each other theory, well I was right, the only disadvantege of it is that I wont have SL beta lol
    i got Wod beta and legion beta and bfa beta but i only logged on bfa beta once then dropped it

didnt get beta access through regular channels this time

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No Beta for me Again..... i give up ive got never invited by blizzard....in 12 years..