Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I signed up for one giveaway (don't even remember who's honestly) just for a random shot, I've been testing on my wife's beta, but it would be nice if we could test together lol.
    Hopefully you get in! I had a crazy week of luck when I won tbh, invincible drop, ashes drop, then a win. should have played the lotto apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    Hopefully you get in! I had a crazy week of luck when I won tbh, invincible drop, ashes drop, then a win. should have played the lotto apparently.
    Damn, that's some luck there! Still haven't got either of those, but plot twist, i don't farm them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I signed up for one giveaway (don't even remember who's honestly) just for a random shot, I've been testing on my wife's beta, but it would be nice if we could test together lol.
    Yeah that is nice. My wife (healer) and I (tank) have been testing and running dungeons. Learning them and reporting what we see

Plaguefall as tuned will be a group killer
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Yeah that is nice. My wife (healer) and I (tank) have been testing and running dungeons. Learning them and reporting what we see

Good, sounds like Cata heroics. I loved it when the game was punishing. Don't do a mechanic? Get one shot.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post

I watched sloot wipe on the last boss of it on mythic, was quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah. blizz keeps close tabs on random people who say bad things about them. seems more likely than random invites to a lot of people who opted in.

yup.
    Their invite list is not random and is very much controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Their invite list is not random and is very much controlled.
    It's mostly random, with a few select invites for big Youtubers and such.

Heck, I have been banned a few times (once permanently even, but it got overturned) and I've gotten into every beta

I just checked and I have it, don't know why, I play Classic only lol.

Seems like very few if any invites went out this week ><

Quote Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
    My guess is that Blizzard isn't currently sending waves because there are a lot of giveaways going on right now. The beta accesses from the giveaways will be activated on September 3rd. I think Blizzard will send more waves again after September 3rd because they don't want to stress the servers so much.
    I think it's more that they're gonna drop a big update on the servers next week. I expected it this week - the original beta servers are in an unstable state right now with a lot of un-fixed bugs and such, it would be horrific PR to unleash a horde of new testers with it being like it is.

My guess is, big patch next week. Big invite wave. 4-5 weeks of testing it, then 3-4 weeks of stress testing and a massive invite wave.

I'm planning on finishing up my testing of the beta this weekend, and next week. I'm not buying Shadowlands, not gonna invest much more into the beta, and I have zero interest in the massive wave of "Where is [something]" that's coming. The beta servers have been fairly quiet, friendly, and not crowded, which is nice. You know the usual toxicity is banging on the door to get in.

There probably wont be an invite wave at all. All of the key winners from the web get their keys activated on the 3rd. I would imagine they let that settle down before they send any more out. So probably not till Sept 10th

Welp, didn't win either web contest. Probably another 10 days until we see more invites due to the relatively-large number of accounts that will be flagged on 9/3 from all the contest keys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Cutting Edge raiders getting beta access is a known quantity. Sometimes they don't all get it but there is *strong* preference for it and it has been this way dating back to WoD alpha (since MoP was the first expansion that had these Feats to begin with). I'd see no reason for them to change up the formula again after having repeated it in Legion.

edit: There were even posts during WoD's about when people who have killed Archimonde on Mythic could expect invites. The same timeframe was repeated in Legion for Argus Mythic (though I don't recall a post that time around).
    This is most likely true yeah. My entire guild has beta and most had alpha as well.
    You don't even have to be an active raider.

At this point I dont think a beta is needed anymore. Much better to fully experience it fresh and pre patch is only weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    At this point I dont think a beta is needed anymore. Much better to fully experience it fresh and pre patch is only weeks away
    Luckily my wife had gotten it or at this point I wouldn't know what tanks I wanted to level first >.>

i got one 2 weeks ago , pretty surprised since i was playing classic 95% of the time ...

but its pretty fun cant wait for it to release

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i got one 2 weeks ago , pretty surprised since i was playing classic 95% of the time ...

but its pretty fun cant wait for it to release
    Thats great!

Streamers dont deserve to have an invite they dont test, Asmongold doesnt test neither of the rest of streamers. Casuals in other hand can give information that blizz wants so f*ck streamers. END STREAMER PREVILEGE(I am still waiting my invite)
    Last edited by manu123; 2020-09-01 at 10:27 AM.

If they are really not invinting that many more this might be the first beta since cata that i didn't have.
    Thats really sad especially since i'm still pretty undecided which class i wanna play and i hoped i could test them out to see which one fits me.
    Looks like i gonna have to choose blind this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    If they are really not invinting that many more this might be the first beta since cata that i didn't have.
    Thats really sad especially since i'm still pretty undecided which class i wanna play and i hoped i could test them out to see which one fits me.
    Looks like i gonna have to choose blind this time.
    Or just try the PTR?