Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
49
... LastLast
  1. #761
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    If they are really not invinting that many more this might be the first beta since cata that i didn't have.
    Thats really sad especially since i'm still pretty undecided which class i wanna play and i hoped i could test them out to see which one fits me.
    Looks like i gonna have to choose blind this time.
    You also have all of 9.0 to pick your class, then the leveling experience you can trial your covenant abilities. The beta really shouldn't be required to pick a class.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  2. #762
    Field Marshal Merkader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Garrison
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or just try the PTR?
    Yeah already did that but my classes mostly just play like on live. I wanted to see them with covenants and the level up ranks to have a feeling for endgame.

    Currently PTR just left me more undecided than before.


    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You also have all of 9.0 to pick your class, then the leveling experience you can trial your covenant abilities. The beta really shouldn't be required to pick a class.
    Sure but i for sure do not want to test a class for a few levels and feels like ehh better play something else. My goal is to be 60 some point on release day with the class i want to play. So testing while leveling is not an option.

  3. #763
    With Avengers and CK3 dropping today, I don't think I want beta anymore at this point. I will no life WoW for a couple of weeks when SL drops, so playing somthing else right now isn't a bad idea.
    #TeamTinkers

  4. #764
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    Yeah already did that but my classes mostly just play like on live. I wanted to see them with covenants and the level up ranks to have a feeling for endgame.

    Currently PTR just left me more undecided than before.




    Sure but i for sure do not want to test a class for a few levels and feels like ehh better play something else. My goal is to be 60 some point on release day with the class i want to play. So testing while leveling is not an option.
    As someone with the beta, the conduits don't influence playstyle actively. They are all largely passive bonuses that you can read on the Soulbind calculator on Wowhead. The Covenant abilities are largely the only active thing you get, and during your leveling process you will use all of them. You can decide to go with what feels good at 60, or read a guide to get the mathematically best, your call. The heavy class changes are arriving in 9.0. You are literally only missing Conduits\Legendaries\Covenant abilities, and 2 of those are passive buffs, only one adds any change to your rotation. If you have played the PTR or when you play 9.0, you literally have seen 95% of the endgame playstyle.

    If you are wanting to test Torghast or the Maw (yawn), just think of it like this, all classes can do them, classes that typically solo better will once again solo better.

    Also, getting to 60 day 1 is doable, but will be hard with the bottlenecks that will happen with forced routing for the first characters.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  5. #765
    I have 99% given up any chance.I used to get beta invites quite often.Then around wod i stopped getting them.Sucks cause it is nice to get in early to test things out.Though i still hold out that 1% chance that one day i will get back in to one lol

  6. #766
    Field Marshal Merkader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Garrison
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    As someone with the beta, the conduits don't influence playstyle actively. They are all largely passive bonuses that you can read on the Soulbind calculator on Wowhead. The Covenant abilities are largely the only active thing you get, and during your leveling process you will use all of them. You can decide to go with what feels good at 60, or read a guide to get the mathematically best, your call. The heavy class changes are arriving in 9.0. You are literally only missing Conduits\Legendaries\Covenant abilities, and 2 of those are passive buffs, only one adds any change to your rotation. If you have played the PTR or when you play 9.0, you literally have seen 95% of the endgame playstyle.

    If you are wanting to test Torghast or the Maw (yawn), just think of it like this, all classes can do them, classes that typically solo better will once again solo better.

    Also, getting to 60 day 1 is doable, but will be hard with the bottlenecks that will happen with forced routing for the first characters.
    Yeah i mean sure you can ready everything and test the base rotation on ptr. And i already did many of those things i even looks some stream from beta now and then but i still think getting to feel it your self is sometimes a bit differnent. And even for leveling the last few expansions on release night i knew where to go and how to get ahead of the rest which saves you a lot of time when you are the first at some quest mobs. I mean im not scared that i could reach 60 that day but i hope you understand my point that i would be nice to atleast have the option to look at stuff by yourself.

  7. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    Yeah already did that but my classes mostly just play like on live. I wanted to see them with covenants and the level up ranks to have a feeling for endgame.
    There is not much difference in how the classes feel though and for the most part the covenants are so poorly balanced that you can tell what will be the best no matter if you test it or not.

  8. #768
    Well, I was lucky enough to be drawn in a Twitter giveaway - I already submitted my info and I should be getting access by the end of the week!

  9. #769
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    tarpon Springs, Fl
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    I have 99% given up any chance.I used to get beta invites quite often.Then around wod i stopped getting them.Sucks cause it is nice to get in early to test things out.Though i still hold out that 1% chance that one day i will get back in to one lol
    have you actively gone into ur account and checked the boxes to get the invites??

  10. #770
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, I was lucky enough to be drawn in a Twitter giveaway - I already submitted my info and I should be getting access by the end of the week!
    GRATS! I missed the window on those Twitter giveaways. And if you knew how much time I spend on Twitter, you'd appreciate my sardonic chuckle right now.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  11. #771
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    GRATS! I missed the window on those Twitter giveaways. And if you knew how much time I spend on Twitter, you'd appreciate my sardonic chuckle right now.
    Thank you! Hopefully you get your beta access soon!

  12. #772
    Good luck to you all this week!

  13. #773
    Elemental Lord Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,510
    I received mine last month, but I haven't actually had time to play it a lot yet.

  14. #774
    Field Marshal Spudito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    65
    Here's another giveaway for 50 betas, for anyone interested: https://twitter.com/GuiaswoW/status/1300916344628547584

    It's in spanish, but it is easy to translate with google

    PS: Already won my beta access, through an spanish giveaway (AlterTimeSK). Waiting for tomorrow, so they flag my account

    GL everyone
    CPU: Intel i5 6600K || GPU: MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB || MOBO: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro || RAM: 2x Kingston 8GB DDR4 2400MHz HyperX Fury Black || SSD: Crucial BX100 250GB || HDD: WD 1TB Blue || COOLER: Corsair Hydro H100i GTX || PSU: XFX Modular XTR 650W 80+ Gold || TOWER: Nox Hummer ZX || HEADSET: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma || KEYBOARD: Razer Ornata Chroma || MOUSE: Razer Naga Hex v2

  15. #775
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealara View Post
    have you actively gone into ur account and checked the boxes to get the invites??
    Ya.I do it every time there is a new beta.

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealara View Post
    have you actively gone into ur account and checked the boxes to get the invites??
    Don't you sign up through the SL website this time around?

  17. #777
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Don't you sign up through the SL website this time around?
    You do, yes.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Don't you sign up through the SL website this time around?
    yes this exactly what you have to do now. All other betas before were donewith logging into your battle.net account and ticking the boxes for beta.

  19. #779
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairylegend View Post
    yes this exactly what you have to do now. All other betas before were donewith logging into your battle.net account and ticking the boxes for beta.
    Sadly I opted in only a couple months ago because I was not aware of this change.

    Hopefully, I will get invited before the expansion starts.

  20. #780
    Well they have done the new beta build and my ptr updated but nothing else new on the launcher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •