Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
51
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Scarab Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,004
    Also got beta access all of a sudden. Neat. Too late to matter, but neat.

    I'm just 11/12 mythic. Have used the feedback form plenty and participated in stress tests etc for earlier expansions. Seems to always net me a beta invite at some stage. This time it was very late however.
    Elusy | Cenyx
    i9-10980XE | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus WS X299 PRO | Geforce RTX 3080 FE | 2TB SSDs | 6TB HDDs

  2. #802
    I mean no offence. But cmon, there is just about 8 weeks left now til release. What is the point of such a short time to familarize yourself with the expansion on beta in that span of time then? i will never ever understand some people.

    If some literally can't wait about 8 more weeks and want SL so badly, just stop checking wow things til release time...

    Some people man...

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I mean no offence. But cmon, there is just about 8 weeks left now til release. What is the point of such a short time to familarize yourself with the expansion on beta in that span of time then? i will never ever understand some people.

    If some literally can't wait about 8 more weeks and want SL so badly, just stop checking wow things til release time...

    Some people man...
    Some people, man, want to test things, and more importantly, be able to not waste their time on covenants and be behind on progress/viability.

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Some people, man, want to test things, and more importantly, be able to not waste their time on covenants and be behind on progress/viability.
    Your point being for beta i assume? if yes. Lol are you actually serious? all that effort is wiped off for eternity very shortly before release. So all that effort will just feel like exactly what one of your statements says.

    The irony...

  5. #805
    Brewmaster Tiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Your point being for beta i assume? if yes. Lol are you actually serious? all that effort is wiped off for eternity very shortly before release. So all that effort will just feel like exactly what one of your statements says.

    The irony...
    Beta at level 60 is the only place you can test max level content to decide on a main for shadowlands by doing your own playtesting. I don't think the point of many people to get in the beta is to actually play shadowlands before shadowlands is out. For many it's kind of like a test-drive before commiting on a specific car.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Beta at level 60 is the only place you can test max level content to decide on a main for shadowlands by doing your own playtesting. I don't think the point of many people to get in the beta is to actually play shadowlands before shadowlands is out. For many it's kind of like a test-drive before commiting on a specific car.
    Missed the point of my post.

    I am on about the time right now before release to test stuff. Not in general (that counts for basically all times) i am talking about the time til release.

  7. #807
    Got my invite 20 minutes ago, only 9/12 mythic myself, some other people on the raid team who are 12/12 still dont have invites
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Your point being for beta i assume? if yes. Lol are you actually serious? all that effort is wiped off for eternity very shortly before release. So all that effort will just feel like exactly what one of your statements says.
    The point being to test things, not to progress. Try reading what you're replying to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Missed the point of my post.
    I'll quote you in response to this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    The irony...

  9. #809
    Nah nothing again here, I just wanna test like mad, done every beta since wrath.

  10. #810
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,677
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    I know getting into beta to do uwu night fae druid custimazation for hours is important but I think endgame stuff and how strong classes/specs are, hows their toolkit, which lego bugged, how they perform in high keys/mythic raid is a little more important for people who dont just log in to run around Dala and do lfr once a week. I dont wanna offend these people, if they like these things okay, do them, I am just saying that endgame stuff affect more people than leveling/low tier contents so testing them should be a prior and done by as many people as it can be to get more precise feedbacks.
    I just wanna point out, when testing you want to cast as wide a net as possible. Not only do you want people who theorycraft and take endgame tuning seriously, you want to find the people who are stupid or curious enough to try and cliff-dive off the highest mountain they can find in the event doing so causes a server crash somehow, because there is going to be at least one person stupid or curious enough to try it on live and that is NOT a surprise you want. Randomized selection is your best way to cast a wide-enough net to catch a diverse-enough variety of players so that all the stuff you want tested gets tested, not just the high-end raids and high-rating PvP.

    edit: To slightly misquote and paraphrase a famous quote: "Every time you make something idiot-proof, God invents a better idiot." When you're designing a game that has at least a couple million players who come around and check out the shiny new stuff, and likely a couple million more who stick around for the long haul, a development team simply is not going to be able to reasonably come up with every stupid, crazy, or esoteric choice that playerbase can make, making those selfsame players the best ones to catch serious problems from unexpected behavior in beta. When God makes a better idiot, you put that idiot to work finding things he can break and fixing them.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-09-03 at 10:24 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  11. #811
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,929
    Looks like a new wave just went out—most likely the last one before release, too. My brother and friend got in, both of whom started playing in BfA.

    I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a tiny bit salty. Oh well, it's not like I'd do much with a beta invite even if I got in.

  12. #812
    Ah well theres always next week!

  13. #813
    Still none, what a disappointing shitshow. I do a pretty good job of reporting bugs and providing feedback in every beta I've played (even the one where a friend lent me their account).

    Entered the two Wowhead contests but since they're so high-profile I'm not expecting much especially given the pitiful amount of winners available.

  14. #814
    I got in today, I am able to log in to Beta without issues. I can't post on the beta forum yet. Also I noticed in my wow account listing it says Legion PTR twice so maybe that's why I can't post on the forums. I guess that's better than being able to post and not log in. So far questing in Bastion is getting stuck very early in the chain. Creating a pre-made is the only way that I can see how things are at higher levels

    Background, only AoTC and low mythic plus dungeons. Beta came on the account that was banned for 6 months prior to legion launch and for a few days towards the end of legion. My other two battle.net accounts did not get in though. Also, my launcher didn't show Beta until I exited and re-opened. I noticed it first on my Battle.net when I saw the extra PTR account.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

  15. #815
    I just checked an old account of mine and noticed i had a beta invite. No clue how long it has been there as i never received an email for it either.
    Looking forward to testing it out after hearing about all the changes and things I've seen on live streams.

  16. #816
    A bit off topic question if someone could answer. Is it possible to create a class on beta level 50 (like templates they used to have),without having to level it from level 1? I dont have it max level on retail so i cant copy/pasta to SL beta.

  17. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    A bit off topic question if someone could answer. Is it possible to create a class on beta level 50 (like templates they used to have),without having to level it from level 1? I dont have it max level on retail so i cant copy/pasta to SL beta.
    Yes. You can also make level 60 templates on the Torghast server.

  18. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Yes. You can also make level 60 templates on the Torghast server.
    Thank you sir, appreciate it

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    A bit off topic question if someone could answer. Is it possible to create a class on beta level 50 (like templates they used to have),without having to level it from level 1? I dont have it max level on retail so i cant copy/pasta to SL beta.
    You can't create a level 50 but you can transfer your 120 which will turn into a 50 (since you don't have a max level, transfer your next highest if you're looking to get a feel for the experience from 50-60 - of course you'll need to do some leveling that way). You can create a 60 on Torghast and level 1's on the other realms. Hope that helps.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

  20. #820
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    You can't create a level 50 but you can transfer your 120 which will turn into a 50 (since you don't have a max level, transfer your next highest if you're looking to get a feel for the experience from 50-60 - of course you'll need to do some leveling that way). You can create a 60 on Torghast and level 1's on the other realms. Hope that helps.
    U can create a level 50 and start from stormwind (as ally).

    Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •