Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got my invite 20 minutes ago, only 9/12 mythic myself, some other people on the raid team who are 12/12 still dont have invites
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Your point being for beta i assume? if yes. Lol are you actually serious? all that effort is wiped off for eternity very shortly before release. So all that effort will just feel like exactly what one of your statements says.
    The point being to test things, not to progress. Try reading what you're replying to.
    Missed the point of my post.
    I'll quote you in response to this one:

The irony...

Nah nothing again here, I just wanna test like mad, done every beta since wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    I know getting into beta to do uwu night fae druid custimazation for hours is important but I think endgame stuff and how strong classes/specs are, hows their toolkit, which lego bugged, how they perform in high keys/mythic raid is a little more important for people who dont just log in to run around Dala and do lfr once a week. I dont wanna offend these people, if they like these things okay, do them, I am just saying that endgame stuff affect more people than leveling/low tier contents so testing them should be a prior and done by as many people as it can be to get more precise feedbacks.
    I just wanna point out, when testing you want to cast as wide a net as possible. Not only do you want people who theorycraft and take endgame tuning seriously, you want to find the people who are stupid or curious enough to try and cliff-dive off the highest mountain they can find in the event doing so causes a server crash somehow, because there is going to be at least one person stupid or curious enough to try it on live and that is NOT a surprise you want. Randomized selection is your best way to cast a wide-enough net to catch a diverse-enough variety of players so that all the stuff you want tested gets tested, not just the high-end raids and high-rating PvP.

edit: To slightly misquote and paraphrase a famous quote: "Every time you make something idiot-proof, God invents a better idiot." When you're designing a game that has at least a couple million players who come around and check out the shiny new stuff, and likely a couple million more who stick around for the long haul, a development team simply is not going to be able to reasonably come up with every stupid, crazy, or esoteric choice that playerbase can make, making those selfsame players the best ones to catch serious problems from unexpected behavior in beta. When God makes a better idiot, you put that idiot to work finding things he can break and fixing them.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-09-03 at 10:24 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a new wave just went out—most likely the last one before release, too. My brother and friend got in, both of whom started playing in BfA.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a tiny bit salty. Oh well, it's not like I'd do much with a beta invite even if I got in.

Ah well theres always next week!

Still none, what a disappointing shitshow. I do a pretty good job of reporting bugs and providing feedback in every beta I've played (even the one where a friend lent me their account).

Entered the two Wowhead contests but since they're so high-profile I'm not expecting much especially given the pitiful amount of winners available.

I got in today, I am able to log in to Beta without issues. I can't post on the beta forum yet. Also I noticed in my wow account listing it says Legion PTR twice so maybe that's why I can't post on the forums. I guess that's better than being able to post and not log in. So far questing in Bastion is getting stuck very early in the chain. Creating a pre-made is the only way that I can see how things are at higher levels

Background, only AoTC and low mythic plus dungeons. Beta came on the account that was banned for 6 months prior to legion launch and for a few days towards the end of legion. My other two battle.net accounts did not get in though. Also, my launcher didn't show Beta until I exited and re-opened. I noticed it first on my Battle.net when I saw the extra PTR account.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

I just checked an old account of mine and noticed i had a beta invite. No clue how long it has been there as i never received an email for it either.
    Looking forward to testing it out after hearing about all the changes and things I've seen on live streams.

A bit off topic question if someone could answer. Is it possible to create a class on beta level 50 (like templates they used to have),without having to level it from level 1? I dont have it max level on retail so i cant copy/pasta to SL beta.

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    A bit off topic question if someone could answer. Is it possible to create a class on beta level 50 (like templates they used to have),without having to level it from level 1? I dont have it max level on retail so i cant copy/pasta to SL beta.
    Yes. You can also make level 60 templates on the Torghast server.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Yes. You can also make level 60 templates on the Torghast server.
    Thank you sir, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    You can't create a level 50 but you can transfer your 120 which will turn into a 50 (since you don't have a max level, transfer your next highest if you're looking to get a feel for the experience from 50-60 - of course you'll need to do some leveling that way). You can create a 60 on Torghast and level 1's on the other realms. Hope that helps.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    You can't create a level 50 but you can transfer your 120 which will turn into a 50 (since you don't have a max level, transfer your next highest if you're looking to get a feel for the experience from 50-60 - of course you'll need to do some leveling that way). You can create a 60 on Torghast and level 1's on the other realms. Hope that helps.
    U can create a level 50 and start from stormwind (as ally).

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ashildr View Post
    U can create a level 50 and start from stormwind (as ally).

Really? I thought Torghast would only let me do 50's. I'll give it a shot - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    Really? I thought Torghast would only let me do 50's. I'll give it a shot - thanks!
    Ye, i'm level 100 in retail and in the beta i can create a character level 50 with an option , starting from sw (and i think orgrimmar for horde)

I mean no offence. But cmon, there is just about 8 weeks left now til release. What is the point of such a short time to familarize yourself with the expansion on beta in that span of time then? i will never ever understand some people.

If some literally can't wait about 8 more weeks and want SL so badly, just stop checking wow things til release time...

Some people man...
    Some people man, just love being douches for no reason.

I've just been testing on ptr in meantime

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    Some people man, just love being douches for no reason.
    And here we once again have the usual dumb forum goer who can't understand the differences between a realist and douces.

Next time, reserch the definition of a realist. Before you open your mouth.

And here we once again have the usual dumb forum goer who can't understand the differences between a realist and douces.

Next time, reserch the definition of a realist. Before you open your mouth.
    I mean you might think you're being a realist but not everyone is going to see it that way. For me, even one week of beta is a huge difference because it will let me accomplish my goal before release of completing the leveling experience while reading all the quests so I can skip through said reading on live.

It'd be nice to have been on there earlier so I could have a better feeling that bug reports would get addressed before launch, but I'm not holding my breath.