Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Patient BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I know it's not a new thing. My point is that Blizzard will ALWAYS give content creators invites without fail while every other player just has to pray they win the beta invite lottery.
    Say that to Pyromancer, poor sod has never got any alpha or beta invite... like ever!
    "Why do we fight? to protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is : what is worth fighting for?"

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I've heard most beta invites was on NA, and not many people on EU get it.
    I got one on EU but I had to opt in like 3 times (dunno if that matters or no), I'm pretty sure I opted in when they announced it on Blizzcon and somehow it reset and I had to opt in again when alpha started (didn't get it) and then when beta was about to start (got it).

    I do count in the CE bracket but tbh my last good world rank was on Jaina, Crucible my guild skipped, in EP guild disbanded after Zaqul kill and since then both Azshara and Nzoth CE came for me really late due to struggling to find a guild (RIP Alliance).

    I sure hope "beta is beta" and more changes will come, but who knows. Atm for example a lot of dungeon bosses feel either overtuned or very melee unfriendly. At least they're reworking the awful soulbind system from relic 2.0 to essence 2.0.

    Oh yeah, and despite all the new customization options I still can't make a truly green Troll! Outrage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can't get invited to beta without opt-in.
    In rare cases you can, I know a guy who got a beta invite because he knows a person who works as Blizz GM irl and they got some invites to distribute among friends & family.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    it truly is a mystery how big-name streamers can get those big-ticket items to drop on their first (usually) or second (always) raid especially in classic
    Got any examples of that? If streamers get items quick in WoW it's either because they spend so much time in game farming for them or their guild is setup to give them the items. I've never seen evidence of "streamer luck" as we like to meme in chat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Got a beta invite a while ago. Won't use it or try it, I like to keep it fresh.

    Shame one can't give away their beta access. Would be nice to give it to someone who will actually play the beta and give valuable feedback.
    If it makes you feel any better the sizes of invite waves is dictated by how many players are active in the beta. So by not testing you'll open up a slot for someone else. Blizzard understands and expects that not every player invited will test for long, if at all.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Say that to Pyromancer, poor sod has never got any alpha or beta invite... like ever!
    He doesn't need Beta, he has his own imagination.

  5. #65
    Feel like the raider invites went out this week most of the guild got one and we are a fairly late to the party clear group.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Got any examples of that? If streamers get items quick in WoW it's either because they spend so much time in game farming for them or their guild is setup to give them the items. I've never seen evidence of "streamer luck" as we like to meme in chat.
    Asmongold helps the guild Octobers obtain Farleinas server first Sufuras less than a month after Classic WoW Launch on stream.

    Asmongold got both bindings in a single run while streaming less than a month after WoW Classic came out. One of his first few raids.

    I'm sure its purely coincidence.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Asmongold helps the guild Octobers obtain Farleinas server first Sufuras less than a month after Classic WoW Launch on stream.

    Asmongold got both bindings in a single run while streaming less than a month after WoW Classic came out. One of his first few raids.

    I'm sure its purely coincidence.
    I'm not sure what your point is on the first example and the odds on the second aren't that bad really. It's not like it's a 0.1% scenario. No one talks about streamer coincidences when he spends weeks and months farming mounts.

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Ogait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,326
    When was the last beta wave?

    Hoping to get one invite soon
    | Realm First Monk | Battle of Azeroth Alpha Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    When was the last beta wave?

    Hoping to get one invite soon
    There's a new one every week.

  10. #70
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,297
    I haven't gotten a beta invite since MoP, and that was the only one I've ever gotten playing since vanilla...

    So I never expected or had any reasonable hope to get one in the first place, the only people who should have expectations or hopes for getting one with the way it currently works and how few people are ever invited to a beta are content creators, unfortunately... Out of the millions of people who play this game, only a few thousand get beta invites, so... yeah.

    I really wish they just handled beta like they do the PTR, let anyone who wants in, in.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-08-02 at 10:01 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I really wish they just handled beta like they do the PTR, let anyone who wants in, in.
    Too many people would want in and they'd run into server issues which then becomes counter productive. A lot of the expansion does end up on the PTR with the pre-patch testing. It's just the new content that isn't available at that point in time. So if people want to test the new class setups etc, just wait for the 9.0 PTR which is open to all.

    Regarding hopes/dreams of getting in. IMHO everyone who clicked opt-in on the special page should have hope. It's really a lot more than a few thousand who get invited. Most players log in once, look around and then log off to save themselves for release. Blizzard knows this. And so they'll keep inviting more and more folks to keep the test server populations healthy. And if you want to improve your chances further keep an eye out for giveaways on social media. I got a beta key for BFA via the official Twitter sweepstakes.

  12. #72
    I remember when it used to say on here when the beta waves went out. I miss seeing that

  13. #73
    The Patient Hammerzeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    When was the last beta wave?

    Hoping to get one invite soon
    New one every Wednesday so far.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    New one every Wednesday so far.
    With the beta character wipe and removal of quest skips, I'm thinking tomorrow could result in a big wave, not just for mythic raiders. Here's hoping.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    With the beta character wipe and removal of quest skips, I'm thinking tomorrow could result in a big wave, not just for mythic raiders. Here's hoping.

    Would be nice, fingers crossed for you all

  16. #76
    At what time are the Beta Invites usually sent out?

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
    At what time are the Beta Invites usually sent out?
    I dunno I just loved it when MMO-Champ used to say thats another beta wave sent out lol then you knew when to check!

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairylegend View Post
    I dunno I just loved it when MMO-Champ used to say thats another beta wave sent out lol then you knew when to check!
    Yeah but back then blizzard announced it on twitter etc. Now they dont so its hard for MMO champ to pick up on it or anyone for that matter :P

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Say that to Pyromancer, poor sod has never got any alpha or beta invite... like ever!
    And here I sit getting invited to every beta since Vanilla and a few alphas and I'm not a streamer, don't know anyone with any influence at Blizzard, I know a few people that work in non gaming related positions there, nor am I in a top end guild, or considered a top end player of any sort. But I do test when I test and leave tons of feedback so maybe they like me for that reason.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Too many people would want in and they'd run into server issues which then becomes counter productive. A lot of the expansion does end up on the PTR with the pre-patch testing. It's just the new content that isn't available at that point in time. So if people want to test the new class setups etc, just wait for the 9.0 PTR which is open to all.

    Regarding hopes/dreams of getting in. IMHO everyone who clicked opt-in on the special page should have hope. It's really a lot more than a few thousand who get invited. Most players log in once, look around and then log off to save themselves for release. Blizzard knows this. And so they'll keep inviting more and more folks to keep the test server populations healthy. And if you want to improve your chances further keep an eye out for giveaways on social media. I got a beta key for BFA via the official Twitter sweepstakes.
    on top of the fact that the majority of the people wanting beta access arent looking to test, they just want something new to do. and that does nothing for the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •