Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    But I do test when I test and leave tons of feedback so maybe they like me for that reason.
    Yes, I think it must play some part. Because I barely did shit during the previous beta I was invited to and I'm still waiting for an invit now xD

But that's fair you know. I don't get the job if I don't do it properly.

I don't really get this urge to play an unfinished WoW expansion and lose all your progress after release, unless you actually want to test it and give feedback to Blizzard. Personally I like to play games that are actually finished or atleast not in the testing phases and it's not like WoW is the only good game out there.
    Get my game | Drag the Rope | on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamahan View Post
    I don't really get this urge to play an unfinished WoW expansion and lose all your progress after release, unless you actually want to test it and give feedback to Blizzard. Personally I like to play games that are actually finished or atleast not in the testing phases and it's not like WoW is the only good game out there.
    For me, it's two things :

-In SL, I'd like to test out the new custom on my characters to get a feeling of what they'd look like at the prepatch.
    -As a GM roleplayer, I like to get ahead of what's going on in the story, to best prepare my rp campaign.
    -Also yeah, feedback and bug reports.

But I also share your opinion, I never go too far in beta testing because I don't want to feel like I "lost" progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Too many people would want in and they'd run into server issues which then becomes counter productive. A lot of the expansion does end up on the PTR with the pre-patch testing. It's just the new content that isn't available at that point in time. So if people want to test the new class setups etc, just wait for the 9.0 PTR which is open to all.

Regarding hopes/dreams of getting in. IMHO everyone who clicked opt-in on the special page should have hope. It's really a lot more than a few thousand who get invited. Most players log in once, look around and then log off to save themselves for release. Blizzard knows this. And so they'll keep inviting more and more folks to keep the test server populations healthy. And if you want to improve your chances further keep an eye out for giveaways on social media. I got a beta key for BFA via the official Twitter sweepstakes.
    I remember when BFA pre-patch got onto the PTR, some people found a way to glitch into Kul Tiras by relogging on the ship that takes you there before it teleports you back to Stormwind. You'd get glitched with the ship and it'd take you to Kul Tiras. I kind of used that glitch once or twice, even though I had access to the beta.

Are we expecting a big beta invite wave tonight with the reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Most probably

Not like you or I will be invited. lol

Yeah, if you want to check your chances of getting beta, here’s a useful website I made:

https://willigetbeta.com

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    Yeah, if you want to check your chances of getting beta, here’s a useful website I made:

I love that site. 100% Recommend it!

Works well now as any previous beta. Pretty accurate too

It's not worth it really. Specially if you have the urge to play.

I've been in a few betas for wow and you got resets and bugs.

Also you lose the surprise on release day. Sure it's fun to mess Around and get a practice headstart but if your even mostly excited to just play it it spoils the xpac a bit.

Fingers crossed.

7+ Year Old Account
    With reset of characters, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    With reset of characters, yeah.
    Two weeks ago invites went out around 4:45pm ET. Last week it was around 2:45pm ET. Likely will coincide to when the new build is deployed, but we should expect to have an update within the next few hours. Good luck everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks ago invites went out around 4:45pm ET. Last week it was around 2:45pm ET. Likely will coincide to when the new build is deployed, but we should expect to have an update within the next few hours. Good luck everyone!
    Which should happen in about 2 hours, roughly?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

With the wipe happening this build I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large wave this week to get new players in to start levelling up as fresh eyes on the 50-60 experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but a bit surprised I haven't gotten one yet. Last few expansions I've gotten in fairly early, and I even got into the first wave of the Legion alpha.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    With the wipe happening this build I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large wave this week to get new players in to start levelling up as fresh eyes on the 50-60 experience.
    Yep. This would be true Beta start in my eyes, last few weeks was just Alpha focused on max level content. For me Beta is when game is complete (with holes here and there ofc) and you recreate experience from A to Z (with exceptions like scalling for raids or some special server for PVP testing).

And most important, LOT of invites, now main focus should be catching bugs and stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep. This would be true Beta start in my eyes, last few weeks was just Alpha focused on max level content. For me Beta is when game is complete (with holes here and there ofc) and you recreate experience from A to Z (with exceptions like scalling for raids or some special server for PVP testing).

And most important, LOT of invites, now main focus should be catching bugs and stress test.
    Completely agree. After this reset the full experience will be mostly there, and time for the masses to test. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    It's not worth it really. Specially if you have the urge to play.

I've been in a few betas for wow and you got resets and bugs.

Also you lose the surprise on release day. Sure it's fun to mess Around and get a practice headstart but if your even mostly excited to just play it it spoils the xpac a bit.
    I don't want surprise lol, I want to make sure the class I picked to level first is the class I want to play.

Surprise is like, SURPRISE YOUR CLASS IS BORING!