Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Their invite list is not random and is very much controlled.
    It's mostly random, with a few select invites for big Youtubers and such.

Heck, I have been banned a few times (once permanently even, but it got overturned) and I've gotten into every beta

I just checked and I have it, don't know why, I play Classic only lol.

Seems like very few if any invites went out this week ><

Quote Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
    My guess is that Blizzard isn't currently sending waves because there are a lot of giveaways going on right now. The beta accesses from the giveaways will be activated on September 3rd. I think Blizzard will send more waves again after September 3rd because they don't want to stress the servers so much.
    I think it's more that they're gonna drop a big update on the servers next week. I expected it this week - the original beta servers are in an unstable state right now with a lot of un-fixed bugs and such, it would be horrific PR to unleash a horde of new testers with it being like it is.

My guess is, big patch next week. Big invite wave. 4-5 weeks of testing it, then 3-4 weeks of stress testing and a massive invite wave.

I'm planning on finishing up my testing of the beta this weekend, and next week. I'm not buying Shadowlands, not gonna invest much more into the beta, and I have zero interest in the massive wave of "Where is [something]" that's coming. The beta servers have been fairly quiet, friendly, and not crowded, which is nice. You know the usual toxicity is banging on the door to get in.

There probably wont be an invite wave at all. All of the key winners from the web get their keys activated on the 3rd. I would imagine they let that settle down before they send any more out. So probably not till Sept 10th

Welp, didn't win either web contest. Probably another 10 days until we see more invites due to the relatively-large number of accounts that will be flagged on 9/3 from all the contest keys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Cutting Edge raiders getting beta access is a known quantity. Sometimes they don't all get it but there is *strong* preference for it and it has been this way dating back to WoD alpha (since MoP was the first expansion that had these Feats to begin with). I'd see no reason for them to change up the formula again after having repeated it in Legion.

edit: There were even posts during WoD's about when people who have killed Archimonde on Mythic could expect invites. The same timeframe was repeated in Legion for Argus Mythic (though I don't recall a post that time around).
    This is most likely true yeah. My entire guild has beta and most had alpha as well.
    You don't even have to be an active raider.

At this point I dont think a beta is needed anymore. Much better to fully experience it fresh and pre patch is only weeks away

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    At this point I dont think a beta is needed anymore. Much better to fully experience it fresh and pre patch is only weeks away
    Luckily my wife had gotten it or at this point I wouldn't know what tanks I wanted to level first >.>

i got one 2 weeks ago , pretty surprised since i was playing classic 95% of the time ...

but its pretty fun cant wait for it to release

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i got one 2 weeks ago , pretty surprised since i was playing classic 95% of the time ...

but its pretty fun cant wait for it to release
    Thats great!

Streamers dont deserve to have an invite they dont test, Asmongold doesnt test neither of the rest of streamers. Casuals in other hand can give information that blizz wants so f*ck streamers. END STREAMER PREVILEGE(I am still waiting my invite)
    Last edited by manu123; 2020-09-01 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are really not invinting that many more this might be the first beta since cata that i didn't have.
    Thats really sad especially since i'm still pretty undecided which class i wanna play and i hoped i could test them out to see which one fits me.
    Looks like i gonna have to choose blind this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkader View Post
    If they are really not invinting that many more this might be the first beta since cata that i didn't have.
    Thats really sad especially since i'm still pretty undecided which class i wanna play and i hoped i could test them out to see which one fits me.
    Or just try the PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have all of 9.0 to pick your class, then the leveling experience you can trial your covenant abilities. The beta really shouldn't be required to pick a class.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or just try the PTR?
    Yeah already did that but my classes mostly just play like on live. I wanted to see them with covenants and the level up ranks to have a feeling for endgame.

Currently PTR just left me more undecided than before.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You also have all of 9.0 to pick your class, then the leveling experience you can trial your covenant abilities. The beta really shouldn't be required to pick a class.
    Sure but i for sure do not want to test a class for a few levels and feels like ehh better play something else. My goal is to be 60 some point on release day with the class i want to play. So testing while leveling is not an option.

With Avengers and CK3 dropping today, I don't think I want beta anymore at this point. I will no life WoW for a couple of weeks when SL drops, so playing somthing else right now isn't a bad idea.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah already did that but my classes mostly just play like on live. I wanted to see them with covenants and the level up ranks to have a feeling for endgame.

Currently PTR just left me more undecided than before.

Sure but i for sure do not want to test a class for a few levels and feels like ehh better play something else. My goal is to be 60 some point on release day with the class i want to play. So testing while leveling is not an option.
    As someone with the beta, the conduits don't influence playstyle actively. They are all largely passive bonuses that you can read on the Soulbind calculator on Wowhead. The Covenant abilities are largely the only active thing you get, and during your leveling process you will use all of them. You can decide to go with what feels good at 60, or read a guide to get the mathematically best, your call. The heavy class changes are arriving in 9.0. You are literally only missing Conduits\Legendaries\Covenant abilities, and 2 of those are passive buffs, only one adds any change to your rotation. If you have played the PTR or when you play 9.0, you literally have seen 95% of the endgame playstyle.

If you are wanting to test Torghast or the Maw (yawn), just think of it like this, all classes can do them, classes that typically solo better will once again solo better.

Also, getting to 60 day 1 is doable, but will be hard with the bottlenecks that will happen with forced routing for the first characters.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I have 99% given up any chance.I used to get beta invites quite often.Then around wod i stopped getting them.Sucks cause it is nice to get in early to test things out.Though i still hold out that 1% chance that one day i will get back in to one lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    As someone with the beta, the conduits don't influence playstyle actively. They are all largely passive bonuses that you can read on the Soulbind calculator on Wowhead. The Covenant abilities are largely the only active thing you get, and during your leveling process you will use all of them. You can decide to go with what feels good at 60, or read a guide to get the mathematically best, your call. The heavy class changes are arriving in 9.0. You are literally only missing Conduits\Legendaries\Covenant abilities, and 2 of those are passive buffs, only one adds any change to your rotation. If you have played the PTR or when you play 9.0, you literally have seen 95% of the endgame playstyle.

If you are wanting to test Torghast or the Maw (yawn), just think of it like this, all classes can do them, classes that typically solo better will once again solo better.

Also, getting to 60 day 1 is doable, but will be hard with the bottlenecks that will happen with forced routing for the first characters.
    Yeah i mean sure you can ready everything and test the base rotation on ptr. And i already did many of those things i even looks some stream from beta now and then but i still think getting to feel it your self is sometimes a bit differnent. And even for leveling the last few expansions on release night i knew where to go and how to get ahead of the rest which saves you a lot of time when you are the first at some quest mobs. I mean im not scared that i could reach 60 that day but i hope you understand my point that i would be nice to atleast have the option to look at stuff by yourself.