Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Are you saying you can’t play the game unless you get a beta invite?
    What I am saying is that one can't make an informed decision unless they have full hands on experience of the specs. No second or third hand experience. Watching someone is not even close to the level of knowing than doing it yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What I am saying is that one can't make an informed decision unless they have full hands on experience of the specs. No second or third hand experience. Watching someone is not even close to the level of knowing than doing it yourself.
    I agree with you; I know I'll be playing my Mage, but if you're undecided or just want what you feel is best, you're stuck waiting on launch.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Do they still send out beta invites?

We all have access to the pre-patch "ptr", right? At least I have, but I can't play beta Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealara View Post
    still tomorrow night, if they didn't go out today.
    Nah don't see any more coming this week, usually once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Play PTR then? Class changes are there...What kind of inside information do you need? Nothing is set in stone. They will keep changing things till the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Play PTR then? Class changes are there...What kind of inside information do you need? Nothing is set in stone. They will keep changing things till the launch.
    To be fair, it's impossible to gauge a classes true potential at level 50 without all the borrowed power, you cannot compare a level 50 with nothing to a level 60 with everything, so he's completely right in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairylegend View Post
    Nothing here in any case. I checked to see if I can post in forums and I cannot.
    I can post in the beta forums ...not showing in my launcher.

Do the forums take into account previous betas ?

Someone received beta acces from the contest?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ashildr View Post
    Someone received beta acces from the contest?

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

Still waiting. I won a competition from Yuna and he said it's in Blizzard's hands. We should have been flagged yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhUK View Post
    Still waiting. I won a competition from Yuna and he said it's in Blizzard's hands. We should have been flagged yesterday.
    I mentioned this earlier but i also won a comp for this wave (meant to be flagged yesterday) however the person who held the comp messaged me on tuesday saying that the 'flag' isnt actually activation. The 'flag' was yesterday but the 'activation' is meant to be today (thursday). Bit of a stupid system but whatever. We should all be getting the competition flags today at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
    I mentioned this earlier but i also won a comp for this wave (meant to be flagged yesterday) however the person who held the comp messaged me on tuesday saying that the 'flag' isnt actually activation. The 'flag' was yesterday but the 'activation' is meant to be today (thursday). Bit of a stupid system but whatever. We should all be getting the competition flags today at some stage.
    Fingers crossed for tonight then, but as I'm 7 hours ahead it'll be super late for me.

I don't see anything happening tonight, guessing what invites went out were done yesterday/early hours of this morning.

Beta is cool but the impression will be more if see everything on release

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for a key, but it's pretty late in the game at this point. The beta servers are likely only going to be up for 3-4 more weeks, and the pre-event will be starting on live about then also. If I get one awesome, if not think of it as we all get in just 6 weeks from now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Hoping for a key, but it's pretty late in the game at this point. The beta servers are likely only going to be up for 3-4 more weeks, and the pre-event will be starting on live about then also. If I get one awesome, if not think of it as we all get in just 6 weeks from now anyway.
    Not sure why anyone still keeps saying the beta servers are being taken down early given the explicit announcement of two 9.0 patch branches yesterday by Ion. They are crunching and will be working on 9.0.2 content probably up until the week before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Literally Ion said they will branch the beta, and it will likely be live all the way to launch (past 9.0). This is so they can continue tweaking numbers during prepatch.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Literally Ion said they will branch the beta, and it will likely be live all the way to launch (past 9.0). This is so they can continue tweaking numbers during prepatch.
    Exactly. ALL betas have gone up to and past launch day. Where do people get this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Exactly. ALL betas have gone up to and past launch day. Where do people get this crap?
    I mean, the way blizzard words it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Introducing 9.0.2

First, on a technical note, players paying close attention to the Beta client may notice that this week’s update bears the designation “9.0.2.” Unlike recent expansions, this time around we will have not one but two client updates, aka patches, in the weeks prior to the official release of the expansion. Development of Shadowlands -specific content (the zones and dungeons of the Shadowlands, covenants, etc.) will proceed with weekly Beta updates in the 9.0.2 branch, while our Public Test Realm runs patch 9.0.1. This approach allows us to get features like the new character customization options and the streamlined leveling experience into your hands sooner in 9.0.1, while allowing the team the maximum possible time to keep polishing the level 51-60 Shadowlands experience in 9.0.2. Our Beta environment will continue to receive weekly 9.0.2 updates, and patch 9.0.2 will go live shortly before Shadowlands officially launches.
    That very clearly says this isn't something they've been doing, at least not recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, the way blizzard words it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Introducing 9.0.2

First, on a technical note, players paying close attention to the Beta client may notice that this week’s update bears the designation “9.0.2.” Unlike recent expansions, this time around we will have not one but two client updates, aka patches, in the weeks prior to the official release of the expansion. Development of Shadowlands -specific content (the zones and dungeons of the Shadowlands, covenants, etc.) will proceed with weekly Beta updates in the 9.0.2 branch, while our Public Test Realm runs patch 9.0.1. This approach allows us to get features like the new character customization options and the streamlined leveling experience into your hands sooner in 9.0.1, while allowing the team the maximum possible time to keep polishing the level 51-60 Shadowlands experience in 9.0.2. Our Beta environment will continue to receive weekly 9.0.2 updates, and patch 9.0.2 will go live shortly before Shadowlands officially launches.
    That very clearly says this isn't something they've been doing, at least not recently.
    Pretty sure this is referring to the explicit patch branch-split. The last few betas have still gone up to the day of and resulted in issues found after the x.0 pre-patch whose fixes made it to live the first week in the form of hotfixes. The fact they're splitting the patch this time suggests that there is client-side content they think they may still be having to adjust/fix/enhance past 9.0.1's launch date.

Doesn’t look like anything tonight either eh