Thread: To much crit?

  1. #1

    To much crit?

    I currently have 50% crit unbuffed, 25% haste and 35% mastery. Should I stop focusing on crit and go after other stats now?

    I'm running the dance of death build and wondering if I should buy the Severe corruption or the haste corruption
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    I currently have 50% crit unbuffed, 25% haste and 35% mastery. Should I stop focusing on crit and go after other stats now?

    I'm running the dance of death build and wondering if I should buy the Severe corruption or the haste corruption
    Short answer, sim it.
    Longer answer, it depends if you're going for M+ fortified weeks or raid.
    My Hunter with food buff sits around 66% crit, 25% haste and 30ish Mastery? Haste slightly outsims crit, but not by much.
    Even at these stat weights, I can sometimes lose 3x Frenzy stacks if my rng is garbage and believe me, it is.

    From the sims I've run, you can go as high as 66% crit, thrill of the hunt puts you at 75% and then Haste for ST, Mastery for Multi-target seems to be fairly reliable in terms of bench marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

  4. #4
    50% is not too much. You can still pump this number up.

    For corruptions, your ideal build looks like this: 3x 12% crit, 3x 12% haste, 1x 12% Mastery and the Bow with cooldown reduction. I personally don't raid mythic so i don't have access to the mythic bow so i just use another 12% crit.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    50% is not too much. You can still pump this number up.

    For corruptions, your ideal build looks like this: 3x 12% crit, 3x 12% haste, 1x 12% Mastery and the Bow with cooldown reduction. I personally don't raid mythic so i don't have access to the mythic bow so i just use another 12% crit.
    the 460 bow is > any 475

  6. #6
    Ok cool, Ive been sticking the 6%,9% and 12% crit on everything.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Fayenoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Land of Far Beyond
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymolo21 View Post
    Ok cool, Ive been sticking the 6%,9% and 12% crit on everything.
    3 x Sev 3, 3 x Exp 3 + Bow is your default corruption. For the next one (+15 next week for < 40 corruption loadout), you can use +9 of anything. Best is to sim it using raidbots. I use Gushing Wound as the +15 corruption after 3 Sev3 and 3 Exp3. personal choice.

    Standard 3 primal + 3 Dance raid build.

    Ideally aim for 60%+ crit and 30%+ haste.

    For M+ you can swap some of the crit for Mastery and sacrifice one DOD for RR if you need more AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

  8. #8
    30%, crack-monkey on that haste and get the unbound force/blood of the enemy essences, feeds back crit into haste and crit, the passive crit from blood will keep you getting crits 1/3 times per attack.

  9. #9
    Make sure to sim yourself. Lot of people stating to use 3xSevere3, 3xExpedient3, and the bow, but my sims with my gear still values Severe over Expedient in every scenario, with Mastery overtaking Expedient in m+.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-08-10 at 10:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Ok Ill do that. My haste isn't that high at the moment so I might replace one of the 6% crit with the 12% haste.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •