Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's CMs reading MMOC, reddit, Twitter etc. That's not the point, though. "It's just beta" isn't an argument, assuming things will change on their own is delusional, so trying to shut down discussion like that is idiotic.
    It’s just beta IS an argument when the things there are so placeholderly that it’s obvious that it’s going to change. Jesus fucking Christ...

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Right. Would you be fine with the top reward for raids being 30 raid bosses, meaning you'd have to repeat the same raid several times, even when you don't get loot from it?

    Empathy isn't hard.
    It's been said before, if you a raider and raid 3 nights a week, you could probably complete 15 keys in that time.

    The system is meant to reward you based on what you like doing. This isn't supposed to force you to grind more useless stuff you despise because "more loots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    wdym reward cap ? we assume that mythic raid boss kill qualifies for a mythic drop. so that would be the cap.
    It is possible but this ui hints at a quantity over quality idea...

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Problem with that is mythic. Due to benching(and progress, but that applies to all difficulties), you can't reliably fill it with mythic kills. You also don't have the option of rekilling the same boss on mythic, which is an option on other difficulties (even if it's a bit boring to do)
    I know - reason why they could make it something low like 2 out of 10 bosses (or whatever the number was). I mean - if you kill 1 mythic boss you unlock tier 1 and get 1 mythic piece roll. If you don't keep up you can get more rolls but at a lower level. But as you said, not really possible given how the current raid lockout system works and also give there are enough bosses.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    It's been said before, if you a raider and raid 3 nights a week, you could probably complete 15 keys in that time.

    The system is meant to reward you based on what you like doing. This isn't supposed to force you to grind more useless stuff you despise because "more loots".
    During progress, yeah I agree. During farm, no way - most people clear the raids in one night on farm. Good luck doing 15 +15 keys in one regular raid time allotment (3-4 hours).

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    During progress, yeah I agree. During farm, no way - most people clear the raids in one night on farm. Good luck doing 15 +15 keys in one regular raid time allotment (3-4 hours).
    I am confused on this aspect of it... is it your highest difficulty that determines rewards or the amount of content you do?

    Am I looking at a mythic 15+/glad chest system or a badge vendor?

  7. #127
    What people don't seem to think about is that the weekly chest is a mythic+ feature. It was made with that in mind. To get a good reward you can do 1 mythic 15 and get an item in the chest just like it is now. This Great Vault thing is an extension of that system. So it's when you do more than that you get the extra option. They reward you for doing more content.

    Anyone who says this is worse than what we currently have is silly. That they add something so you can't do 1 mythic 15 and then 14 level +2 is reasonable. From what I read from comments and what wowhead wrote, that +15 you first did, the one piece which is rewarded for that +15 will be there as one option. But if you do 14 +10s after, the other two items will be relative to those + 10s you did.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It’s just beta IS an argument when the things there are so placeholderly that it’s obvious that it’s going to change. Jesus fucking Christ...
    How are those numbers "obviously placeholdery"? And even if it's obvious they're going to change(it's not), it'd be important to give feedback on what would be a better place for them to be in.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    It's been said before, if you a raider and raid 3 nights a week, you could probably complete 15 keys in that time.

    The system is meant to reward you based on what you like doing. This isn't supposed to force you to grind more useless stuff you despise because "more loots".
    Then it fails at that by being split into 3 categories. And yes, more options is more loot because chances of getting something shit are lower.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I am confused on this aspect of it... is it your highest difficulty that determines rewards or the amount of content you do?

    Am I looking at a mythic 15+/glad chest system or a badge vendor?
    I mean we don't know yet, but going by the current M+ chest system we're likely to get a mythic ilvl item from +15 as always, while the raid rewards are likely to be a random item from the raid difficulty you did. PvP also has a reward bracket system with its current chest, so I'd imagine that stays.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I know - reason why they could make it something low like 2 out of 10 bosses (or whatever the number was). I mean - if you kill 1 mythic boss you unlock tier 1 and get 1 mythic piece roll. If you don't keep up you can get more rolls but at a lower level. But as you said, not really possible given how the current raid lockout system works and also give there are enough bosses.
    Yeah, could do something like 1 mythic boss makes the first item mythic, 3 the 2nd and 5 the 3rd, and then you can fill with other difficulties. Obviously same for heroic etc.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I love doing m+ but 15 is probably too much for me too. A dungeon itself is over in half an hour, but with talking about the route, going there, picking up a drink before starting and just chatting with your buddies it takes a bit longer. I play a couple evenings 20-22 o'clock in which time we mostly do 3 dungeons. That means 5 days a week dedicated to dungeons to make the third bracket. Considering I also want to raid 2 nights that's not gonna happen at all for me.
    Explain to Blizzard in a reasonable way why you deserve to have the same loot options as someone who is willing to work harder than you. Explain to them without looking entitled why someone who runs 5 dungeons deserves the same option as someone who runs 15. I can't think of one, but if there is actually a reason Blizzard should know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Then it fails at that by being split into 3 categories. And yes, more options is more loot because chances of getting something shit are lower.
    There should be an overall cap somewhere around 5 items per week, so you're not "forced" to do all of it to remain optimal. Would encourage people to do different kinds of content too, which Blizzard wants.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I mean we don't know yet, but going by the current M+ chest system we're likely to get a mythic ilvl item from +15 as always, while the raid rewards are likely to be a random item from the raid difficulty you did. PvP also has a reward bracket system with its current chest, so I'd imagine that stays.
    Hopefully it does... I have a terrible vision of the rewards being tied to how many of those buttons you light up... I see a future where people demand a raider io for +3 mythic dungeons due to gear inflation.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What people don't seem to think about is that the weekly chest is a mythic+ feature. It was made with that in mind. To get a good reward you can do 1 mythic 15 and get an item in the chest just like it is now. This Great Vault thing is an extension of that system. So it's when you do more than that you get the extra option. They reward you for doing more content.

    Anyone who says this is worse than what we currently have is silly. That they add something so you can't do 1 mythic 15 and then 14 level +2 is reasonable. From what I read from comments and what wowhead wrote, that +15 you first did, the one piece which is rewarded for that +15 will be there as one option. But if you do 14 +10s after, the other two items will be relative to those + 10s you did.
    Definitely better than what we have on live, but worse than it could/should be.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    During progress, yeah I agree. During farm, no way - most people clear the raids in one night on farm. Good luck doing 15 +15 keys in one regular raid time allotment (3-4 hours).
    Okay, I'll try again, people who farm the raid do not need the gear (or need a specific item hence more choice to increase odds of getting item).

    So again, this is prog against 15s.

    If you devote as much time to raiding progression as running keys, it wouldn't surprise me that you'd actually get MORE loot from M+ than raids. Since you could be stuck on the same boss for some period of time. Running those 15 keys for loot doesn't seem so bad now does it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Explain to Blizzard in a reasonable way why you deserve to have the same loot options as someone who is willing to work harder than you. Explain to them without looking entitled why someone who runs 5 dungeons deserves the same option as someone who runs 15. I can't think of one, but if there is actually a reason Blizzard should know.
    With this logic, there shouldn't be a weekly chest at all and the only loot should come from the dungeons themselves.

    This system is supposed to work as an incentive to reach a weekly quota, and all efforts beyond that are a less rewarding bonus.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Definitely better than what we have on live, but worse than it could/should be.
    We take what we can these days.

    Do you think what I wrote about how the m+ thingy works sounds right btw? I might be misunderstanding by reading from wowhead.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    There should be an overall cap somewhere around 5 items per week, so you're not "forced" to do all of it to remain optimal. Would encourage people to do different kinds of content too, which Blizzard wants.
    That'd work to some extent, but then what if you do unlock more than 5? How does it decide which 5 loot tables and ilevels to offer?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Explain to Blizzard in a reasonable way why you deserve to have the same loot options as someone who is willing to work harder than you. Explain to them without looking entitled why someone who runs 5 dungeons deserves the same option as someone who runs 15. I can't think of one, but if there is actually a reason Blizzard should know.
    The 3rd option shouldn't require 15 in the first place.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    During progress, yeah I agree. During farm, no way - most people clear the raids in one night on farm. Good luck doing 15 +15 keys in one regular raid time allotment (3-4 hours).
    Then don't. It's pretty simple. If you're farming the raid every week then you probably don't need the gear. There's no point doing the mythic plus unless you like doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  20. #140
    Without the full context it comes across as a shit change, but reading the full article on it sold it pretty well. I was wondering how they'd incentivise more M+ runs with the end of run loot being lowered but this seems to address that without making infinite M+ farming a reliable gearing tactic.

    Basically far more choice than we've had previously and promotes repeat activity, rather than just doing one 15 and then log off until next week. Seems good to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •