Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here is where this system falls apart completely. You have ZERO AND I MEAN ZERO incentive to help anyone boost a key now because if you do anything below a 10 you are penalized. So you do one 10 to get the weekly.

This is a brutally stupid system if you apply it to the real game. YOU ARE SCREWEDDDDDDDDDDDD if you need to boost a key because automatically it takes your 1st M+ and uses that to determine your first reward. Then you need to do 5 +10's to get the 2nd reward lol

Only way this system works if it does not take your M+ runs in any particular order and just look at the top ones and goes down from there. All of this absolute stupidity to avoid doing something simple like a gear vendor.

People that they are trying to lure back from other MMO's especially FF14 that I have seen are laughing at how silly this system is. I think the system is too complicated for people to grasp just how much it screws the playerbase until you try it out.

If you works via a ranking system where it takes the top runs and not an average then it is easily exploitable but if it takes an average then M+ boosting is basically dead because you are highly penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Okay, I'll try again, people who farm the raid do not need the gear (or need a specific item hence more choice to increase odds of getting item).

So again, this is prog against 15s.

If you devote as much time to raiding progression as running keys, it wouldn't surprise me that you'd actually get MORE loot from M+ than raids. Since you could be stuck on the same boss for some period of time. Running those 15 keys for loot doesn't seem so bad now does it ?
    I'm guessing you haven't done a lot of Mythic raiding? You're definitely not a raid fully decked with Mythic items as soon as you kill the final boss.

I wouldn't be against increasing the top weekly chest reward from M+ to +20 to be more equivalent with Mythic raid difficulty - but 15 keys absolutely takes longer than clearing a raid you have on farm. Even during progress you'll still clear the raid on the easier difficulty if you're not super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, could do something like 1 mythic boss makes the first item mythic, 3 the 2nd and 5 the 3rd, and then you can fill with other difficulties. Obviously same for heroic etc.
    Yeah, that's the idea and how i hope works also for M+ given the string wording. The "lowest of your top X runs" is the same as saying "you need to do at least X +15 runs to get that ilvl".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It could also mean lowest overall, the string doesn't specify that it's per "section".
    And you honestly believe this is the case?

It says "lowest of the top" so to be honest, I don't know how you manage to understand this as "lowest overall"?

Youre right it doesnt specify the amount as it only says X. But it still says lowest of the TOP X. There is no way that means lowest overall.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-07-30 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Here is where this system falls apart completely. You have ZERO AND I MEAN ZERO incentive to help anyone boost a key now because if you do anything below a 10 you are penalized. So you do one 10 to get the weekly.

This is a brutally stupid system if you apply it to the real game. YOU ARE SCREWEDDDDDDDDDDDD if you need to boost a key because automatically it takes your 1st M+ and uses that to determine your first reward. Then you need to do 5 +10's to get the 2nd reward lol

Only way this system works if it does not take your M+ runs in any particular order and just look at the top ones and goes down from there. All of this absolute stupidity to avoid doing something simple like a gear vendor.

People that they are trying to lure back from other MMO's especially FF14 that I have seen are laughing at how silly this system is.
    Well this is a monumentally stupid post. Also, what's this FFXIV shilling about? Is the game dying?

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    And you honestly believe this is the case?
    May be until confirmed. We got Legiondaries, Azerite etc so it's not the first time there's errors in design. Also this is the first iteration, not really implemented in beta yet and they're receiving feedback already.

We don't have any official info about how it actually works, it's all guessing right now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

This is just you guessing. The way it's worded, you'd only be offered +3 rewards. And even if it's 2 +15 and 1 +3 item that's still bad. Just let people run 1 +15 and 14 +2s if they want, who cares? They still did 15 dungeons including a +15.
    So your position is that people who do the lowest difficulty deserve the same loot as the highest? Why don't blizzard just mail you the loot when you login. 1 option for once a week. 2 options for 3 x and 3 options if it's every day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

How are those numbers "obviously placeholdery"? And even if it's obvious they're going to change(it's not), it'd be important to give feedback on what would be a better place for them to be in.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it fails at that by being split into 3 categories. And yes, more options is more loot because chances of getting something shit are lower.
    How are the chance of getting something shit lower when for all we know pvp gear doesn't give the right stats for PVE content ? Not all classes work the same way regardless of content. The best Raid trinket isn't always the best trinket for M+ and vice versa.

If the system was currently in place, the ONLY chest i'd need is mythic bosses, there is litterally no loot that i need that drops from m+. And of course since i'm without a guild to kill mythic bosses, i'd have to pug my way in.

However I do not "NEED" loot from mythic raiding to continue pushing my M+ score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

That'd work to some extent, but then what if you do unlock more than 5? How does it decide which 5 loot tables and ilevels to offer?
    Knowing Blizzard, it'd be your highest 5 ilvls, regardless of the content source.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then don't. It's pretty simple. If you're farming the raid every week then you probably don't need the gear. There's no point doing the mythic plus unless you like doing it.
    It's a discussion about whether or not 15 keys is a fair comparison to 10 raid bosses and 250 Conquest. Rest assured that if I find the content tedious I would indeed not do it. Doesn't mean I have to think it's a reasonable amount, nor does it mean that the people who do the 15 keys anyway think differently.

Nonsensical argument really.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't done a lot of Mythic raiding? You're definitely not a raid fully decked with Mythic items as soon as you kill the final boss.

I wouldn't be against increasing the top weekly chest reward from M+ to +20 to be more equivalent with Mythic raid difficulty - but 15 keys absolutely takes longer than clearing a raid you have on farm. Even during progress you'll still clear the raid on the easier difficulty if you're not super casual.
    Are you actually trying to equate a plus 15 to mythic raiding? And most people who clear mythic are almost decked out. With this new system you will be. You will be eligible for a piece of loot from 3 options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Are you actually trying to equate a plus 15 to mythic raiding? And most people who clear mythic are almost decked out. With this new system you will be. You will be eligible for a piece of loot from 3 options.
    You can do so pretty easily depending on how deep into mythic raiding we are talking... I would say the first few mythic bosses are on par with a 15.

No, I'm not. No, most people are not decked out when the final boss of a tier is dead.

I'm talking about the difference in time spent between 15 M+ keys and 10 raid bosses. Even 15x +2 vs 10 heroic bosses is a huge difference.

I'm not saying +15 and Mythic raids should have the same rewards from the weekly chest (from what we know, that might not even be the case), but that's not what we're talking about. 15 keys is a long grind. 10 raid bosses is not, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And the worst nightmares came true. After reading further, that's probably even worse than I've imagined...
    Considering the fact that it's so early in development that there's no official way to access it, I think it's safe to say that it's very much subject to change.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

So your position is that people who do the lowest difficulty deserve the same loot as the highest? Why don't blizzard just mail you the loot when you login. 1 option for once a week. 2 options for 3 x and 3 options if it's every day?
    You need to work on your reading comprehension. I definitely don't think people doing the easiest content should get the loot from the hardest at all. My suggestion still explicitly requires doing the hard content, it just doesn't rely on spamming it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    How are the chance of getting something shit lower when for all we know pvp gear doesn't give the right stats for PVE content ? Not all classes work the same way regardless of content. The best Raid trinket isn't always the best trinket for M+ and vice versa.

If the system was currently in place, the ONLY chest i'd need is mythic bosses, there is litterally no loot that i need that drops from m+. And of course since i'm without a guild to kill mythic bosses, i'd have to pug my way in.

However I do not "NEED" loot from mythic raiding to continue pushing my M+ score.
    Okay so you don't understand how loot works. Say I need bracers. 9 chances to get bracers mean I'm more likely to get some sort of bracers as an option.

- - - Updated - - -

I've gained like 10 average ilevels since killing N'zoth. Killing the final boss doesn't mean you're "decked out" unless your first kill is just before next tier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I definitely don't think people doing the easiest content should get the loot from the hardest at all. My suggestion still explicitly requires doing the hard content, it just doesn't rely on spamming it.
    While I agree, I would also hate if people capable of doing +15 would spam +2's for maximum reward. I don't think it's good design either.

I would personally hate running meaningless dungeons as well, and would prefer actually being rewarded for doing hard content (but less of it) instead of easy content (but alot of it).

Okay so you don't understand how loot works. Say I need bracers. 9 chances to get bracers mean I'm more likely to get some sort of bracers as an option.
    I do understand how loot works.

Under the assumption that you get raid loot from raid, m+ loot from m+ and pvp loot from pvp. I do not NEED raid or pvp bracers unless they have the actual BiS stats. So if the BEST XYZ slot comes from ABC content you'd actually just need to do that specific content for a chance at the reward. Regardless of total number of chance.

Since you're a Fire Mage, it's safe to assume that the absolute best bracers are the mecagon ones right ? Knowing that, why would you spend your time killing 10 bosses and earning 250 conquest points on top of running 15 keys when you only have 3 chances out of 9 to drop them ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    No, I'm not. No, most people are not decked out when the final boss of a tier is dead.

I'm talking about the difference in time spent between 15 M+ keys and 10 raid bosses. Even 15x +2 vs 10 heroic bosses is a huge difference.

I'm not saying +15 and Mythic raids should have the same rewards from the weekly chest (from what we know, that might not even be the case), but that's not what we're talking about. 15 keys is a long grind. 10 raid bosses is not, ever.
    You'd actually get less rolls on loot per week as a prog raider than someone who only runs m+ fyi.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but if it works like I think it works it kinda seals the deal for me to just not buy this xpack. I have such limited play time per week that the weekly mythic+ chest kept me afloat. If this changes things so that I'd need to complete like 5-10 dungeons a week I simply don't have the time for it.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but if it works like I think it works it kinda seals the deal for me to just not buy this xpack. I have such limited play time per week that the weekly mythic+ chest kept me afloat. If this changes things so that I'd need to complete like 5-10 dungeons a week I simply don't have the time for it.
    It changes nothing for you, run your weekly key get the reward for your highest weekly key.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Allright people this system is absolutely retarded because of couple of things:

1. The numbers themselves - it's easy to fix, if blizzard is willing to, that's the other part. 15 M+ is like 12-15 h of gameplay and that is twice as much as normal guild raids.
    Being on every boss (since we have usually ~10 raid bosses) is also impossible unless you want to fill your "bar" with LFR/normal/heroic.

2. The fact that this system is exclusive per content type. People now will want to run 15 M+ per week in addition to raid and vice versa. And for people who also play pvp - you guessed it, also play arenas.

The system should be like one option PER "tick" of any challenging content you do. So only 3 options not fucking 9. Per 3 raid bosses/ 3 M+ dungeons / X conquest points.

3. It was suppose to limit RNG and make you somehow target things you want. And I see no option here. At some point, except at begining, you will stop seeing things you want.

All and all, just the option to get currency if other rewards sucks is good about this system. Rest is literally a downgrade from current chest.
    Oh and make no mistake, getting additional option is equal to having another reward. It is fucking crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Anyone who says this is worse than what we currently have is silly.
    But it is better than what we have for whom exactly? For mythic raiders. Not only they get a free weekly chest from just raiding, so they don't have to bother with M+ ever again, they will also get options to choose from that chest. And they can put the same amount of effort as today and do 1 weekly M+ and get even more choices. They get what was promised at blizzcon - an obvious and unconditional improvement.

But for someone that does a few M+ every week, this doesn't really change anything. This is just one of the many changes that show that playstyle is no longer going to be supported. Removal of titanforging, loot reduction and now requiring an absurd amount of dungeons weekly just to get a few options. Is this an improvement? Most definitely not. You will be worse off overall even if you do those 15 dungeons every week.