Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    The point of OP's post isnt to tell you how easy vanilla was! his point is to actually show people that blizz devs were right! this wont be classic! and what you expect to relive wont happen,but i guess those that want to defend classic and how "hard" (lol) it was will never think for themselfs.

  2. #82
    Ya, I mean this is only one in a dozen situations where the "prophecy" was fufilled.
    Obviously few actually wanted Classic. They wanted the IDEA of classic, and the people who knew what they were getting ruined the game for everyone else.

    Its a shame, because its actually a great product, but the community has killed it for me.

    I think its important that everyone be realistic and admit that, because its looking like its going to happen again in Shadowlands with covenants et al.

    Its not the developers that ruin this game. Its the community.
    The bleeding edge complain about how hard core being hardcore is and everyone miles below them parrot everything they say and force Blizzard into being unable to make the game they want.

    Ironically, this is the OPPOSITE of what happened in Classic, but still I can't shake the absurdity.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    The point of OP's post isnt to tell you how easy vanilla was! his point is to actually show people that blizz devs were right! this wont be classic! and what you expect to relive wont happen,but i guess those that want to defend classic and how "hard" (lol) it was will never think for themselfs.
    No, the point of the OP's post was to say that because people are finishing content more quickly they don't actually want to do the content, which makes no sense. People wanted to play classic, they're playing classic - therefore the quoted statement is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    ???

    Such as?


    As far as I can see... WoW Classic is entirely for elitists and not at all friendly for a wider market.
    To me, Allen Brack was absolutely right.
    It's actually quite the opposite. Classic is the most casual and alt friendly of all the expansions. Catch up is fastest, you have the fastest endgame access right at 60 and no one expects you in anything but greens. The raids are not hard, but fun and there are no 'TIMES RUNS'. All guilds raid the same content, no HM or mythic anything. There are no titles outside of pvp. There are almost no mounts in game and AQ Is the first epic to come from a raid. More guilds bring the player and not the class than any expansion.
    Classic is the only version of the game currently that is friendly to new players, current ones and returning ones.
    If you think classic is an elitist game, it really doesnt matter what you think about anything else because your common sense level is sub atomic.

  5. #85
    I thought I did, but I didn't. I quit classic a month or two ago. Was in a top guild on our server, did 30m BWL clears, great players, etc. Game just isn't fun anymore. Everything is trivial. Everything will be trivial - no, AQ and even ooo scary Naxx won't be hard. World buff and speedrun meta is so laughably boring and pointless to me - I just don't get off to that kind of thing. No one runs dungeons anymore and it's all about getting boosted. Having a mage just prints gold - economy is probably fucked going forward. PVP got boring after a while, but was admittedly a blast for the earlier phases. Rank grind is an awful system that doesn't reward skill, but rather just time and commitment. I've primarily been a pvper since actual 2004 vanilla, and man, I remember not missing vanilla pvp once TBC and arena launched and I still feel the same (however, I do wish there was no flying, because that really did fuck up what wpvp you did get into).

    tldr: Classic isn't classic. People play games differently now. Game isn't hard and is very zzz.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The bleeding edge complain about how hard core being hardcore is and everyone miles below them parrot everything they say and force Blizzard into being unable to make the game they want.
    Problem with a lot of it stems from the power it entails to go down that path.

    Why are Worldbuffs such a huge deal?
    Because they provide like 40% additional dps.

    Crux is, increasing your numbers is fun, that's kinda a core aspect of RPG's such as WoW.

    And to some extent, you as developer cannot design whatever you want while completely ignoring the underlying reward structure, especially in a game where a large portion of the incentive relies on rewards.

    That's been a thing since forever, back then people just weren't aware of these things as they are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    I think its important that everyone be realistic and admit that, because its looking like its going to happen again in Shadowlands with covenants et al.
    It wouldn't nearly much of an issue if you could actually rely on Blizzards competence to balance these things.

    Again, similiar issue, easy to pass on something that provides barely an upgrade, when this however opens up a much easier strategy on an encounter or dungeon, it's another story.

    To put in a simple sentence: If it's not supposed to be fun, then why does the game reward such behavior?
    And "making things easier" or "increased numbers" counts as reward.

    Not to mention that game modes such as Mythic, Arena, Rated Battleground or M+ are competitive by nature and award the best loot in the game.

  7. #87
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I thought I did, but I didn't. I quit classic a month or two ago. Was in a top guild on our server, did 30m BWL clears, great players, etc. Game just isn't fun anymore. Everything is trivial. Everything will be trivial - no, AQ and even ooo scary Naxx won't be hard.
    The game, purely viewed via a gameplay lens, definitely has issues. But all incarnations of WoW do. If you want difficulty, Classic is not for you. It's not meant to be, though. Classic, like vanilla, is much more about community and being immersed in a world RPG style.

    There's nothing wrong with wanting things to be really hard so you can figure out how to beat them on the highest difficulty, but that was never vanilla's design goal so it's not that it's a bad game because of that... it's just not the game for you and other folks who thrive on difficulty.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

    Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    so.. we are 7 days faster than the fastest server 15 years ago? gosh what a tragedy.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    nah, nice reaching though, Stretch armstrong.
    retail wow also saw a activity increase when it incorporated classical systems in nazjatar and mechagon, as we haven't seen anti air mechanics since BC.
    People know what they want, Brack needs to leave the industry.
    We had anti air mechanics in wod for a long time until we got flying back or argus in legion.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

    Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    That is actually contradicting your point...

    If the situation would have been " after two month no server completed the war effort" ( for example ) it would have mean that the players were bored of Classic and weren't willing to commit to this precise event.

    The exact opposite happened. Meaning that there are enough players and motivated players to finish this event the fastest possible.

    WoW classic is far from dead. It's a success.

  11. #91
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,106
    ITT : people expecting other people to LARP like it's 2005...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  12. #92
    Classic is very good for filtering toxic inbreds from retail.Blizz did a good job,retail is finally enjoyable.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

    Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.


    Pretty sure this literally shows Blizzard was wrong. You might have a point if the servers were all dead and no one finished the effort due to lack of interest. "PEOPLE ARE TOO DEDICATED AND PLAY LIKE MADMEN. DED GAME!" ???????

  14. #94
    So fucking what? just because a server did it, doesnt mean shit. Our server is still halfway there and its a good experience.

  15. #95
    imho classic suffers from unpolished class design where many classes (especially hybrids) just do not "work" right.

    in TBC it gets quite a bit better compared to vanilla so that will be nice.
    BfA = second worst product ever made by Blizzard.
    War3 Reforged took the title for worst product.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

    Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    The players like yourself are more who that quote was aimed at. "You think you do, but you don't." You think you want Classic, but what you know as classic can't and won't exist the way you want or remember it to be. You don't want classic, you want to go back to playing WoW for the first time (or back to when WoW first came out.) Which is impossible. Because people are going to play it with guides and addons, just like in any other game where they're available. Classic will never have the sense of discovery you're all looking for. You need to find another game.
    I'm a thread killer.

  17. #97
    Only delusional kids who never played Vanilla and love to lie and said they did thought classic was going to be hard.
    Obviously things like MC/BWL and AQ gates took long when they first came out because no one had ever seen them before. No one even beta tested MC because it was added into the game a week before launch, PTR wasn't even a thing. So it's not like now a days where guilds like LIMIT/Method spend a month blasting raid content on ptr so when the new raid goes live they clear up to the last boss on mythic the first day because they know the fights and have addons created specifically for it.

    Is anyone actually surprised raid content is being stomped? or that AQ gates took less then a day? Gamers in 2004 wouldn't even close to as hardcore as they are now, the servers also weren't even close to being this populated and people didn't know where to get what and the best/fastest method. These guys have had 14 years to prepare for this stuff, especially the ones who played on private servers.

    I look forward to another one of these posts when Naxx hits and all the kids are surprised it gets cleared in an afternoon because the hardest mechanic is - + (I doubt many will even get this reference)

  18. #98
    He was right to an extent. There are people that love classic and they will go to crazy lengths over that game, but it's also pretty obvious a large group of people who got the hype bug at the start are long gone and are never coming back to that version of the game, and for those people it was true. On Classic launch like 95% of my guild/community were on Classic, including me. 1 month later we all got bored and left that for good. Maybe like 1-2 people kept playing for a bit longer but later even those people left.

    I think people who are still celebrating how J Allen Brack was wrong and he should go hide in a hole because some people are playing classic are completely missing the point. There's plenty of people living in the world, and they're going to have different needs and tastes, pretty much every type of a game will find some diehard fans. The statement may have been overly generalized, but for the majority of players it was correct.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    It's literally the opposite of "but you dont"
    People not only want to, but they REALLY want to, as evidenced by how hard they play.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    The players like yourself are more who that quote was aimed at. "You think you do, but you don't." You think you want Classic, but what you know as classic can't and won't exist the way you want or remember it to be. You don't want classic, you want to go back to playing WoW for the first time (or back to when WoW first came out.) Which is impossible. Because people are going to play it with guides and addons, just like in any other game where they're available. Classic will never have the sense of discovery you're all looking for. You need to find another game.
    Except that was not what Allen Brack meant at all.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE

    He meant that " you really don't want to relieve the classic experience because it was full of bad mechanics and bugs"

    And since people are actively completing event in record time, it mean that he, and the OP, are completely wrong on what player wanted.
    Last edited by Engal; 2020-08-02 at 10:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •