Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    nah, nice reaching though, Stretch armstrong.
    retail wow also saw a activity increase when it incorporated classical systems in nazjatar and mechagon, as we haven't seen anti air mechanics since BC.
    People know what they want, Brack needs to leave the industry.
    players know what they want? sure. whatever it is they dont have.

im sure brack will take your advice and leave. or more likely ignore you completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Grizzly did it therefore that's how it is for everyone.

It's precisely the same as when APES did MC at level 55 in greens. After that, it's how everyone did it.

The exceptions ARE the rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly think this would have been amazing.
    its more fun to let people speed through the only content they will see for months in a few weeks. listening to people pining for "new classic content" is fun.

OP: Gais stop don't turn in all that stuff your ruining the EXPERIENCE!! it has to be random! and like 3/4ths of the server needs to just randomly give a bandaid every so often WHY ISN'T IT 2004 ANYMORE!

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    What people really expected? This classic community can really optimize fun the fuck out of the game...

They wanted it so bad they made sure to get it done so they could enter AQ in the shortest amount of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    rofl

Classic has been going strong since it was launched, nearly a year ago. You've people predicted that it wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks, then a couple of months, then six months, and now you are trying to non-sequitur this event.

Give it up. Classic doomsayers were wrong. It doesn't matter if Classic completely falls apart tomorrow; you were wrong from the beginning. You can keep stretching the goal posts until you are blue in the face, but it will never change the fact that you were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel Classic WoW was a blessing to the retail community just as much as it was with the Classic community, under one sub they are lured to play classic but also have retail there too, or vise verse, I know many people who returned for classic but have dipped their foot in retail too.

I really do not care for this classic vs retail argument, its toxic and very anti constructive, I feel both have been blessed by it existing, whether you think one is better than the other is your own personal opinion

But what is true is WoW has seen a rise in subs since Classic WoW and thats good for both games in the end

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    I know you thought you were being smart there, but you involuntarily contradict your own argument.

Players investing insane amounts of time to prepare for this event & unlock content only goes to show they love this game. You wouldn't invest that much time and effort for any game or activity you don't enjoy a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    exactly this! It's really sad, though. These guys are the ones that ruined classic for players like me, that never played back in the day.
    Next time - Get in on the ground floor of a new MMO if you want this type of experience.

You're never, EVER going to get it from a game that's been out for almost 2 decades. Even if it's re-released. People are simply far too familiar with its systems, they already know what to do at every single turn. They already know everything about the next raids, too. Classic was never going to be a return to innocence. How could it be?

There are a couple of MMO's releasing this year, start those on launch day if you want an experience like the one you're seeking.

No one really cares, the reward is a legendary mount that will forever be stuck on your classic characters unless they allow people to earn mounts and transmog that unlock in retail (which they should have as it would have brought way more people into classic.) woopitydooooo lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I feel Classic WoW was a blessing to the retail community just as much as it was with the Classic community, under one sub they are lured to play classic but also have retail there too, or vise verse, I know many people who returned for classic but have dipped their foot in retail too.

I really do not care for this classic vs retail argument, its toxic and very anti constructive, I feel both have been blessed by it existing, whether you think one is better than the other is your own personal opinion

But what is true is WoW has seen a rise in subs since Classic WoW and thats good for both games in the end
    It's true. Personally I've met a few people in classic that never played BFA before but started to after playing classic for a bit and now say they are excited for shadowlands. Anyone still playing classic right now seems pretty enthusiastic about it, and I bet most classic players are going to at least try shadowlands.

That said there's also a lot of people (like myself) that are kind of dissapointed that the go-go-go mentality of retail carried over into classic as it definitely degrades the experience imo. But it's still fun to jump on and toss some shadowbolts and farm some rep/gold. There's always something to do too since grinding and farming gear, gold, rep, whatever is so important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    It's true. Personally I've met a few people in classic that never played BFA before but started to after playing classic for a bit and now say they are excited for shadowlands. Anyone still playing classic right now seems pretty enthusiastic about it, and I bet most classic players are going to at least try shadowlands.

That said there's also a lot of people (like myself) that are kind of dissapointed that the go-go-go mentality of retail carried over into classic as it definitely degrades the experience imo. But it's still fun to jump on and toss some shadowbolts and farm some rep/gold. There's always something to do too since grinding and farming gear, gold, rep, whatever is so important.
    Funny you say that because those people I mentioned that returned to WoW for classic have that very same complaint about retail when they jumped back in, but they don;t mind too much because they have classic. :P

Classic and retail are just very different games right now. Classic is just a slower game and thats usually a good and bad thing for me. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-30 at 01:30 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Brack was right all along.
    Of course he was. Ironically though, by saying it, it simply catalyzed the desire for Classic. There is no power in the universe capable of getting someone to want something than by telling them that they don't actually want it.

Blizz should have changed the materials needed (and telling us that they would) so you couldnt prefarm everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Of course he was. Ironically though, by saying it, it simply catalyzed the desire for Classic. There is no power in the universe capable of getting someone to want something than by telling them that they don't actually want it.
    Are you suggesting that Brack made a 4000 IQ move in making the statement and that they were already working on it!?

I dont think this proves what you think it does lmao

10+ Year Old Account

Worry about yourself and how you play, and let other people worry about themselves and how they play.

People getting the AQ stuff done in 14 hours on that server has absolutely zero effect on you (outside of your need to whine about it) and your gameplay. What did you expect? That people were going to coat themselves in molasses and play Classic slowly for the sake of playing slowly?

Its 2020, not 2004. Of course people are gonna blow through this shit.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

As someone that plays classic and enjoys it a fair bit, I'm actually a bit annoyed at how popular it is. Can't really get much done in the open world because even at 4:00 AM there's a fuckload of people even in the ass end of nowhere.

The amount of hate you retail fanbois have for Classic is pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The amount of hate you retail fanbois have for Classic is pretty amusing.
    This^

The amount of hate classic fanbois have for pretty much everyone is also amusing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    As someone that plays classic and enjoys it a fair bit, I'm actually a bit annoyed at how popular it is. Can't really get much done in the open world because even at 4:00 AM there's a fuckload of people even in the ass end of nowhere.
    This is one of the reasons I rolled on Bloodsail Buccaneers. The community is big enough to keep the world feeling alive but I can still find good farming spots even at peak hours. Just last night I put a few hours into farming medium leather and silk bandages on my gnome mage around Southshore without a problem. Got a bunch of medals and if things hold steady I'll be exalted with Darnassus in time to get a nightsaber by 60.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-07-30 at 03:27 PM. Reason: On mobile, fat fingers
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!