Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    I know he looks like a prophet because hes a ghostly white old dude who looks like he wears robes at home all day but please dont call him a prophet. I'd rather keep my lunch in my stomach thanks.

classic has been a huge success for blizzard by all metrics. In fact even they massively underestimated the demand with their complete lack of servers at launch.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no, i can, as a market analysis firm reported that with classic's and 8.2's launch there was a massive up-tick in WoW's subscription card sales in relation to classic specially.
    and later, couple months into classic there was a massive dropout of wow subscribers... as pretty much everyone reasonable assumed there will be...
    dont get me wrong, it have its core playerbase going strong, and it is far from death like many people try to claim, but is even fruther from being wow saver/retail killer than other people thinks...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    retail wow also saw a activity increase when it incorporated classical systems in nazjatar and mechagon, as we haven't seen anti air mechanics since BC.
    eh, what? retail saw activity increase with mechagon and naz bcs it was new content, and there is ALWAYS activity increase with new content, be it retail or classic...

as for "anti-air mechanics", there are none in naz/mechagon? there was no flight allowed in begining due to pathfinder (which was matter of 1-2 weeks), but after that pretty much no restrictions? unlike in pandaria (timeless isle is still no fly zone) and legion (argus)...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl

Classic has been going strong since it was launched, nearly a year ago. You've people predicted that it wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks, then a couple of months, then six months, and now you are trying to non-sequitur this event.

Give it up. Classic doomsayers were wrong. It doesn't matter if Classic completely falls apart tomorrow; you were wrong from the beginning. You can keep stretching the goal posts until you are blue in the face, but it will never change the fact that you were wrong.
    sure its still going strong, and doomsayers were wrong, same as people who claimed before its release that it will have milions of active players, it will kill retail and so on, so they were off too...
    it have reasonable player base, and for a 15y.o. game its really accomplishment, BUT! it have the same periodicity in active player numbers as retail, which means more players come in after new content release and if there is long time without any people leave, so for me question is what will hapen after Naxx...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-08-09 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    as for "anti-air mechanics", there are none in naz/mechagon? there was no flight allowed in begining due to pathfinder (which was matter of 1-2 weeks), but after that pretty much no restrictions? unlike in pandaria (timeless isle is still no fly zone) and legion (argus)...
    For what its worth, although their obvious troll comment was way off base, the anti air they are talking about are the large worms flying around that eventually knock you down, and the robot flying around mecha. Its neither new, or anything whatsoever to do with classic, but that is im sure what they are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    For what its worth, although their obvious troll comment was way off base, the anti air they are talking about are the large worms flying around that eventually knock you down, and the robot flying around mecha. Its neither new, or anything whatsoever to do with classic, but that is im sure what they are referring to.
    well he mentioned nazjatar, those worms are in 8.3 zones, and they dont really restrict your flying unless you go afk while flying...
    so i have no clue what he means, and even if you are correct and thats what he meant it have fuck all to do with classic, as you correctlz said...

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    Kind of retarded remark is this. Do you have any idea the level of cooperation, amount of people and grind it takes to accomplish this?

Just accept the fact already that Classic has a rather insane amount of players and activity. I can't even play my main or an alt for 5 minutes without getting dragged in PvP and just forget about outdoor farming/grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    DPS gets more than doubled by worldbuffs individually sheet wise. In practise even more than that due to significantly decreased boss fight duration.
    Double is more accurate indeed. With world buffs I go from like 600-800 to a potential 1.2k+ al depending on crits/RNG.

Although people are quite tired of gathering world buffs (because there are dispellers/gankers all day at key points). Now that logs introduced non-WB logs more and more guilds are moving to a new system. Get WB's during DMF (10% dmg buff) and other weeks just chill.

I dislike classic with a passion but threads like this are utterly useless and just there to stirr shit up.

Dear mmoc-community... why can't you just ignore BS like this?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I dislike classic with a passion but threads like this are utterly useless and just there to stirr shit up.

Because internet people are in general just assholes due to anonymity. It's not enough to have fun and play something you personally enjoy, at the same time you also have to bash everything else. That's so fucking stupid.

The trolls are out there ... I mean the truth ... The truth !

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I saw videos of what happened. That wasn't "good old fashioned world pvp". It was just more griefing.
    Nah, world pvp and griefing aren't the same thing. Especially during the opening of the gates, where you should be expecting pvp on a massive level, and especially on sulfuras, one of the highest pop servers. This same thing happens in BRM all the time from both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post

Honestly very few classic players come to these forums because they are flooded with dumb asses that follow a template post that usually involves one of three things:

1. Blizzard fixes an exploit, person makes a post saying that anyone that supports the fix is against the "no changes" rule.
    2. State that people aren't actually having fun playing classic in some weird way.
    3. Say that retail is the better game because in their opinion, it is.

Not every post is a troll post, but there's plenty of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    2. State that people aren't actually having fun playing classic in some weird way.
    3. Say that retail is the better game because in their opinion, it is.
    be fair, there is as much post about these as there is about exact oposite - how people DONT enjoy retail and how classic is better...