Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Wtf Taelia being a bully. Haven't seen her dad for years, thought he's dead (well, he is kind of...). Finally they meet... and the first thing she does is request her dad (who has definitely better knowledge then her, a simple human) to risk his existence to do something. "I heard you a hero and you worry about doing this thing that might destroy you lol what a puss".
    Yeah this rubbed me the wrong way too, specifically the "ive never asked you for ANYTHING. So please risk your life for us." part it just feels really manipulative and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Ok this is just too much... what do they mean betrayal? All of these factions are are allies, betrayal would require me to join an enemy faction.
    If you become best friends with one group, and then decide to stop talking to them so you can make friends with a different group, you don't think they would feel betrayed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They will obviously explain in game how characters can go between the Shadowlands and the living world. They likely will explain the broken pieces of the helm is being used as an anchor for others to teleport to. And for Taelia we hear in the voice files that she finds out Bolvar is alive so she goes after him and then we end up with the above quest.
    I assume that will be explained? We don't know the whole story yet, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I assume that will be explained? We don't know the whole story yet, relax.
    Did you missquote me? I'm the one telling them we don't know the whole story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Why is Taelia even in the Shadowlands? Also she was introduced last expansion, lost relevance halfway through and now she's close friends with everyone who is trapped in the Maw? Has she even had a conversation with anyone aside from Anduin?

As for positives, I'm liking that there isn't a "Unique-equipped" tag on the legendary crafted gear. Wonder how long that will last...
    I feel like you could very easily answer your own question by looking up her last name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Meanwhile I just want to know how many bear asses it will cost to make your new/old covenant happy with you.
    You have to collect corrupted bear asses and cleanse them , a time gated process

I want restitution for spending thousands of gold on Druid Glyphs and Appearances. 7g? are you kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrh View Post
    I want restitution for spending thousands of gold on Druid Glyphs and Appearances. 7g? are you kidding me.
    Sentinel, Dolphin, Cheetah, Orca, Humble Flyer, Tideskipper, Doe will still be locked behind glyphs. You will have to buy those glyphs and use them to unlock those forms at barbershop.

So it's not bad enough we're being limited to Covenants and they're going to treat us badly about it, but they're also limiting us switching things inside Torghast? I'm calling it now, eventually we'll be limited to a single spec per character. That would be "meaningful choice" after all. The only meaningful choice I want at this point is a refund.

If you become best friends with one group, and then decide to stop talking to them so you can make friends with a different group, you don't think they would feel betrayed?
    Well, that's on them. I'd be making best friends with all of them if I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I feel that this is messed up because clearly we are not permanently cutting off relationship, we are temporarily joining other faction to help them. I am joining their allies to help their allies, why the fuck that would be considered a betrayal?
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    So it's not bad enough we're being limited to Covenants and they're going to treat us badly about it, but they're also limiting us switching things inside Torghast? I'm calling it now, eventually we'll be limited to a single spec per character. That would be "meaningful choice" after all. The only meaningful choice I want at this point is a refund.
    I suggest that you quit and run as far away as possible. It'll be better for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Did you missquote me? I'm the one telling them we don't know the whole story.
    I did, sorry. Meant to reply to the same person you replied to.

So you can swap Covenants by doing a quest and your previous renown and stuff is all kept as is. This sounds to me like its going to become a load out thing again which will be chopped and changed to suit the players needs (raids,pvp) which is exactly the thing they wanted to get away from? Kinda feel like the blind is leading the blind right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fire cat toy should unlock the form..

New Model New Model
    2004!!!! New Model

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    This doesn't really suck, it has the potential of creating a new villian from a very well known character. And we know the lore really needs that right now since Sylvanas really didn't qualify.
    Then let me guess, your one of those that like Shit story in mediums in general. Bet you also liked the movie called Twilight. Universally criticised by people and reviewers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Then let me guess, your one of those that like Shit story in mediums in general. Bet you also liked the movie called Twilight. Universally criticised by people and reviewers in general.
    Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you need to make things up that are irrelevant to the conversation.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Thank god! The photo was misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Duorunt View Post
    My issue with all this, is sort of my issue with us being a small token force back in WoD. A select few making through the portal type deal only to end up with tons of alliance/horde over there with us that shouldn't have been. Like I thought it was a pretty big deal getting the player to the shadowlands, how is everyone else just "showing up" out of the blue? Did I miss something somewhere? Is it just open to the public now?
    at the beginning there was team A and team B. team A designs the world and make wow feel great again. team B writes a story for the game.

what you see is when the following 2 things happened in meetings between teams and lead/management:

meeting 1:

lead:
    we need a new, giant, great, immersive world, as platform for our new expansion. it must be great, fantastic, giant, full with life and attractions, npcs and story. our customers should really WANNA be there !!! but, as a side node: i talked with our engineers first. for the sake of maintaining, cost effectiveness and handling, use some completely decoupled stuff like a big island, another dimension or another world. do not integrate this into existing stuff, it is just too expensive and too complex. allright ?

team A:
    yes sir. as usually we will do our best! lets start ppl...

meeting 2:

lead:
    hey my beloved story writers! we decided we go with a death/afterlife theme this time. marketing said this is the right thing. the sure shot. the hot shit. take our existing lore and characters and build us a fantastic story, our customers would love to play. full of cool twists and fantasy and cool characters! here is our overall theme. a special place for afterlife. our customers must feel like they are the chosen one to rescue shit in there!!! our customers have to FEEL their elite stance and their importance! be careful: story must PERFECTLY adopt into our theme. do cool things! can you do this for me ?

team B:
    ofc! lets write a great cool story every 12 year old kid hypes on! lets go buddies...

i think you see where to find the error.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-08-11 at 02:40 PM.