Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,066

    *Spoilers Ahead*

    What’s the point of putting the topic title anywhere when the stuff isn’t actually hidden. If I go to the mmo page on pc or mobile then the story gets immediate spoiled because I can see the post itself without having to scroll.

    Can’t you hide the spoiler stuff so we can’t see it on the main page (https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/)

  2. #2
    Is the fact Bolvar is in the expansion a spoiler?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  3. #3
    Hasn't MMO-Champion datamined and reported on alpha/beta for years now?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    Hasn't MMO-Champion datamined and reported on alpha/beta for years now?
    Yes, but I think the point the OP is making is that you can read half of the text without having to scroll at all. What's the point of putting in the spoiler warning if you can see everything the spoilers are referring to?
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,066
    you tell me how you can avoid spoilers when this is on the main screen. you can't. it's fucking stupid and needs changing. oh look out, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD* which we will show you right now too bad if you didn't want to be spoiled.


  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Firatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    B.C/A-52 US
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you tell me how you can avoid spoilers when this is on the main screen. you can't. it's fucking stupid and needs changing. oh look out, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD* which we will show you right now too bad if you didn't want to be spoiled.

    Because your one your on a fan site that reports data mining and has for 10+ years and two the first thing you eyes will be brought to is the bigger then normal colored text its not hard just scroll down.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

    Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Because your one your on a fan site that reports data mining and has for 10+ years and two the first thing you eyes will be brought to is the bigger then normal colored text its not hard just scroll down.
    oh yeah you're totally right...... if only there was a way to hide fucking spoilers

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Firatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    B.C/A-52 US
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh yeah you're totally right...... if only there was a way to hide fucking spoilers
    Why would they want to blackout their whole front page article because people like you cant just not read the text past the giant red letters?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

    Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

  9. #9
    MMO champ needs spoiler tabs like SWTOR’s official forum does. You had to click a button to pop open the spoiler; it kind of functioned like quoting on other fora
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

  10. #10
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,878
    Not quite sure what the problem is, you read from top to bottom right? And at the top it has a nice red bolded spoiler warning?

    My advice would be to not read past that point.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    MMO champ needs spoiler tabs like SWTOR’s official forum does. You had to click a button to pop open the spoiler; it kind of functioned like quoting on other fora
    like this? ^^

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    like this? ^^
    Obviously not, no.

    Having giant walls of redacted text on the frontpage is unappealing.

    If it was a click to expand tab then spoilery story shit could be hidden without making the frontpage look like a fascist government got a hold of it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire RCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NJ US
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Not quite sure what the problem is, you read from top to bottom right? And at the top it has a nice red bolded spoiler warning?

    My advice would be to not read past that point.
    Got to admit I did glare past the red text for a spilt second and got some key words. Nothing foretelling but must be human nature to sneak peak at something they don’t want to or told not to. Your point is valid though, top to bottom reading solves almost all of the problem.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Why would they want to blackout their whole front page article because people like you cant just not read the text past the giant red letters?
    They could just...

    Spoiler: 
    collapse it instead?

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  15. #15
    Isn't it amazing how many things people will find to complain about nowadays?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    like this? ^^
    boom. someone with some brains

    - - - Updated - - -

    hoesntly though. beta/alpha shit should have it's own section. should not be with the current state of the game. same goes for classic server news. have three tabs or an option to mix it all, but at least filter it for us or give us the option to.

    We can in forums....

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They could just...

    Spoiler: 
    collapse it instead?
    Yep, not sure why this isn't SOP for spoilers on here. It's a pretty simple process.

  18. #18
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,299
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you tell me how you can avoid spoilers when this is on the main screen. you can't. it's fucking stupid and needs changing. oh look out, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD* which we will show you right now too bad if you didn't want to be spoiled.

    By not reading anything below? Not a hard concept.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you tell me how you can avoid spoilers when this is on the main screen. you can't. it's fucking stupid and needs changing. oh look out, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD* which we will show you right now too bad if you didn't want to be spoiled.
    You choose to stop reading. I know personal choice and responsibility is a hard concept for many but it is still something you can do. The only thing that should be argued is the placement of the spoiler text. It could be at the top left rather then at the end of the first sentence. Or as a custom header that is bigger letters. But it is still easy to notice and still very easy for a person to just scroll by with out reading.

    I have seen that page many times and haven't read or looked closely at the images. Nothing it contains was spoiled to me because I have made a choice not to let it. That may change closer to the expansion but I've been going low information so far on potential spoilers even though I don't feel any different about a spoiler when I know it before hand versus experiencing in the moment in game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you tell me how you can avoid spoilers when this is on the main screen. you can't. it's fucking stupid and needs changing. oh look out, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD* which we will show you right now too bad if you didn't want to be spoiled.

    Your eyes fall on the red text first. That warns you to not read it. Also this site has always been a datamining, news covering one. If you don't like it, just leave. Can't believe you made a thread about this. A little miserable I'd say. Though I've seen worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •